Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

hey all, i'm new to the site, and just got a verrry early bfp making my due date around October 23. Thought i'd say hi and hopefully join in on some discussions :)

Hey all.... Can I join? Just got my BFP putting my due date at October 20!

Hahaha so weird! I can't wait to scan, plus we haven't told family yet were gonna wait til we get the scan then get copies and put them in a photo frames for each side :) we trying to make a deal out of it because its the first grandchild for his side but its the 8th on mine! Hmmm private or public, personally I'm thinking I'd like to hire my own private midwife, I like that she will be with me from start to finish. I could even do home birth with her, not that I plan too but you just have so many options! My SIL had her Bub at Norwest private, best hospital I've ever seen! She had a brilliant experience and if we could afford we'd go there too!

I am trying to not think about scanning as I have seen pics at this stage and you can't see much so I think I might freak out hahaha it will be the first grandchild for both sides of our families so we have had a lot of pressure and everyone will be extremely excited!!! :winkwink: we haven't looked at any options, at this point I didn't even know you could have a private midwife lol I didn't know there was a difference between them and a dr either. This is going to be one big learning curve :) We have had 2 people we know have bubs at Norwest Private and both said great things which is where we were thinking if going but its going to over $3000 I think!!!! The queen bed rooms you share with your partner are amazing... Like a hotel hahaha

Hahaha so weird! I can't wait to scan, plus we haven't told family yet were gonna wait til we get the scan then get copies and put them in a photo frames for each side :) we trying to make a deal out of it because its the first grandchild for his side but its the 8th on mine! Hmmm private or public, personally I'm thinking I'd like to hire my own private midwife, I like that she will be with me from start to finish. I could even do home birth with her, not that I plan too but you just have so many options! My SIL had her Bub at Norwest private, best hospital I've ever seen! She had a brilliant experience and if we could afford we'd go there too!

I am trying to not think about scanning as I have seen pics at this stage and you can't see much so I think I might freak out hahaha it will be the first grandchild for both sides of our families so we have had a lot of pressure and everyone will be extremely excited!!! :winkwink: we haven't looked at any options, at this point I didn't even know you could have a private midwife lol I didn't know there was a difference between them and a dr either. This is going to be one big learning curve :) We have had 2 people we know have bubs at Norwest Private and both said great things which is where we were thinking if going but its going to over $3000 I think!!!! The queen bed rooms you share with your partner are amazing... Like a hotel hahaha

How exciting!! First grandchild is always so special, my beautiful niece, Anna-Rose, is the apple of everyone's eye and I think she always will be!!
Yeah, HUGE learning curve!!! I'm just lucky that I have 4 sisters who have all been own this road!! Yeah, private midwife look into it, it might be right up your alley :) or not :thumbup: it's good to know all of your options. Don't get confused with private doulas and private midwives, they do do the same thing generally but a doula is not a trained nurse so she won't actually deliver your Bub she just acts as a support.
Norwest is amazing, my SIL had one of those queen bed rooms, she loved it ESP having my brother there supporting and helping the first few nights.

Hey all.... Can I join? Just got my BFP putting my due date at October 20!

Congratulations!!! :happydance: welcome friend :hugs:

hey all, i'm new to the site, and just got a verrry early bfp making my due date around October 23. Thought i'd say hi and hopefully join in on some discussions :)

Whoop whoop!! Congrats :happydance: welcome to our crazy happy thread :hugs:

Hi ladies, can I join?

I just got my bfp yesterday. So based on lmp will be due October 23rd.

I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up with all these pages though. :rofl:

Welcome to all the new BFP's!!!
This is a fast moving thread, but its filled with many wonderful ladies:thumbup:

Good morning everyone :) Sorry I haven't been around in a while, I've been TOO tired! Seriously all I want to do is sleep right now lol! I guess I would rather be sleepy than nauseated that's for sure!

Welcome to the new girls :)

I'm thinking since I just had a scan on Friday that I want to move the one I have on the 20th back at least a week. I will only be 7w0d at that point and I want to be at least 8 weeks (especially since my next scan isn't until 20 weeks), I just want to see something that looks like a baby in there you know?

What do you ladies think?

Good morning everyone :) Sorry I haven't been around in a while, I've been TOO tired! Seriously all I want to do is sleep right now lol! I guess I would rather be sleepy than nauseated that's for sure!

I'm thinking since I just had a scan on Friday that I want to move the one I have on the 20th back at least a week. I will only be 7w0d at that point and I want to be at least 8 weeks (especially since my next scan isn't until 20 weeks), I just want to see something that looks like a baby in there you know?

If you just had a scan and everything was fine, then yes I'd push it back. Seems pointless to have another one where you won't be able to see much of anything. Especially if you wouldn't get another one for 13 weeks! That seems like forever to wait to get to see your pumpkin. I'd go with 8 weeks or so unless you feel like something is wrong. :hugs:

Hi ladies, not had chance to catch up on here for a while, Lindss, so happy your results all look good! Sending sticky dust to everyone!

Hows everyone feeling? Any UK ladies had appointments yet?

Feeling super tired but think that may be dd#1's fault rather than being pregnant lol!

Hi ladies, not had chance to catch up on here for a while, Lindss, so happy your results all look good! Sending sticky dust to everyone!

Feeling super tired but think that may be dd#1's fault rather than being pregnant lol!

I'm in the UK - I have my first appointment on Wednesday. :happydance:

Hi Lownthwaite, I think we have the same EDD, I'm also in the UK. Had my Drs app but 1st midwives isn't until 28th Feb. I've got cramps and slight nausea but otherwise fine although like you said Hollie87 I'm tired, soo tired!

Hi Lownthwaite, I think we have the same EDD, I'm also in the UK. Had my Drs app but 1st midwives isn't until 28th Feb. I've got cramps and slight nausea but otherwise fine although like you said Hollie87 I'm tired, soo tired!

We don't see the doctor here - we go straight to the midwife :flower:

I'm the same, some nausea, cramps and so so tired!

Another due date buddy :happydance:

Hi ladies!!

I have spent a good chunk of my morning reading your previous posts :blush: I recognize some of you from other threads and those I don't recognize seem really lovely! I am due October 8th! Do you mind if I join?? :)

Welcome to all the new momma's to be!

There's a lot going on in this thread. I hope to get to know all of you!

This weekend was great. There was a blizzard Friday and Saturday. I got about two feet of snow at my house (I live in New Hampshire, USA). DH and I went cross country skiing with some friends yesterday. We told them I was expecting. I'm not planning on telling many people until 12 weeks, but they are very close and we are going on vacation in a few weeks so they'll know then anyway. Something would definitely be up if I was sitting on a beach for days and not drinking any tropical drinks!

I hope everyone is feeling well! When does ms usually kick in? I'm 5 weeks, but haven't had any yet. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones...

I'm in the uk. My first midwife appt is 20th feb and i've booked a private scan for the 23rd when i'll be just over 8 weeks. Counting down the days. Can't wait to see my baby and check everything is ok xx

If you just had a scan and everything was fine, then yes I'd push it back. Seems pointless to have another one where you won't be able to see much of anything. Especially if you wouldn't get another one for 13 weeks! That seems like forever to wait to get to see your pumpkin. I'd go with 8 weeks or so unless you feel like something is wrong. :hugs:

Yeah I just pushed it back by exactly one week so it's Wednesday the 27th now. Hubster is going to that one so I want it to be as interesting as possible for him lol!

I'm tired all of the TIME!!! Good luck with your appointment let us know how it goes!

We don't see the doctor here - we go straight to the midwife :flower:

I'm the same, some nausea, cramps and so so tired!

Another due date buddy :happydance:

This weekend was great. There was a blizzard Friday and Saturday. I got about two feet of snow at my house (I live in New Hampshire, USA). DH and I went cross country skiing with some friends yesterday. We told them I was expecting. I'm not planning on telling many people until 12 weeks, but they are very close and we are going on vacation in a few weeks so they'll know then anyway. Something would definitely be up if I was sitting on a beach for days and not drinking any tropical drinks!

I hope everyone is feeling well! When does ms usually kick in? I'm 5 weeks, but haven't had any yet. Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones...

ooo wonderful tropical vacation!! That's exciting hopefully ms will hold off until after your vacation! I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and still haven't had any morning sickness yet! :D although a friend of mine who is 8 weeks said it hit her pretty hard at the end of her 6th week :wacko:

ooo wonderful tropical vacation!! That's exciting hopefully ms will hold off until after your vacation! I will be 6 weeks tomorrow and still haven't had any morning sickness yet! :D although a friend of mine who is 8 weeks said it hit her pretty hard at the end of her 6th week :wacko:

Hey Sbmack........no MS for me yet either! Was worried at first but now I am just counting my blessings......when /if it does kick in I think it will be totally miserable! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->