Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Hi ladies, not had chance to catch up on here for a while, Lindss, so happy your results all look good! Sending sticky dust to everyone!

Hows everyone feeling? Any UK ladies had appointments yet?

Feeling super tired but think that may be dd#1's fault rather than being pregnant lol!

I'm in the UK - I have my first appointment on Wednesday. :happydance:

Hi Lownthwaite, I think we have the same EDD, I'm also in the UK. Had my Drs app but 1st midwives isn't until 28th Feb. I've got cramps and slight nausea but otherwise fine although like you said Hollie87 I'm tired, soo tired!

We don't see the doctor here - we go straight to the midwife :flower:

I'm the same, some nausea, cramps and so so tired!

Another due date buddy :happydance:

Hey guys.......I have my first appointment on wed but I am not expecting much at all.....I don't think they even take bloods! I think height/weight/leaflets etc and give you a date to see a midwife I think but not sure? Anyone who has had their first appointment in the uk know if that is right??

Good luck with the first appt. Twinkle!

Ours was this past Friday. They took bloods. I haven't heard back yet. Not sure if they call unless something is off. I'll probably follow up anyway. We just met with the prenatal nurse and she gave us a bunch of info. I had some questions. I have been refraining from dtd because I didn't want to mess anything up. I know that's crazy, but I wasn't sure. My DH wanted to ask the nurse but was too nervous. I forgot. We got some handouts that just said sex is fine as long as your comfortable and that farther along you'll have to use different positions because of the big belly.

Welcome and congrats to all the new October mom's to be!

I have been so super sleepy. I feel like my bedtime keeps moving up each day, lol. :sleep: Otherwise I'm feeling good, no nausea or anything yet. Just sore boobs and some mild cramps...

Good luck with the first appt. Twinkle!

Ours was this past Friday. They took bloods. I haven't heard back yet. Not sure if they call unless something is off. I'll probably follow up anyway. We just met with the prenatal nurse and she gave us a bunch of info. I had some questions. I have been refraining from dtd because I didn't want to mess anything up. I know that's crazy, but I wasn't sure. My DH wanted to ask the nurse but was too nervous. I forgot. We got some handouts that just said sex is fine as long as your comfortable and that farther along you'll have to use different positions because of the big belly.

I'm SOOOO glad you said that. We've been avoiding sex as well... :blush:
Are we being silly? Last time around our doctor told us we were fine but we miscarried so now we're probably being over cautious. Has anyone else resumed with their :sex: ??

Somebody please remind me that cramps are normal. :wacko::cry:

Cramps are totally normal! I've been having mild ones and it hurts when I sneeze.

Crazae4u, I felt silly waiting too. We did dtd on Friday. It was fine...felt a little different.

Hi ladies, not had chance to catch up on here for a while, Lindss, so happy your results all look good! Sending sticky dust to everyone!

Hows everyone feeling? Any UK ladies had appointments yet?

Feeling super tired but think that may be dd#1's fault rather than being pregnant lol!

I'm in the UK - I have my first appointment on Wednesday. :happydance:

Hi Lownthwaite, I think we have the same EDD, I'm also in the UK. Had my Drs app but 1st midwives isn't until 28th Feb. I've got cramps and slight nausea but otherwise fine although like you said Hollie87 I'm tired, soo tired!

We don't see the doctor here - we go straight to the midwife :flower:

I'm the same, some nausea, cramps and so so tired!

Another due date buddy :happydance:

Hey guys.......I have my first appointment on wed but I am not expecting much at all.....I don't think they even take bloods! I think height/weight/leaflets etc and give you a date to see a midwife I think but not sure? Anyone who has had their first appointment in the uk know if that is right??

I think it's different all over the uk, with my first I literally told the doctor I was pregnant and that was it, they sent me to the midwife at 8 weeks for everything to be done there. Hope all goes well :)

I'm sorry ladies, I'm out.... My pregnancy was ectopic sadly. Diagnosed at 5 weeks.
Incase I freak any ladies out with this message my symptoms were:
Sharp, dragging sensation on and off on my left ovary, followed by a dark plum like bleed (tmi I know... ) The bleeding stops and starts.
The ectopic pregnancy can occur in 1 out of a 100 pregnant women. My body is dealing with the ectopic pregnancy naturally so no medication is needed. There is a slightly higher risk of ectopic in the future so when I'm next pregnant I need an early scan. The nurses were all very positive about my future of having a baby and spoke of many ectopic pregnancies that go on to have a lot of beautiful children.

I hope no one in this thread has to go through the same thing and I wish you all the luck and love in the world for your beautiful Bubba's to come.

This just wasn't quite my time, little chap set up camp in the wrong area... (must have my sense of direction ;). Love and baby dust to you all <3

Somebody please remind me that cramps are normal. :wacko::cry:

Cramps are totally normal! I've been having mild ones and it hurts when I sneeze.

Crazae4u, I felt silly waiting too. We did dtd on Friday. It was fine...felt a little different.

Thank you :hugs: I know it is but just end up thinking the worst sometimes. :nope:

Hope your feeling better, they keep worrying me too but everyone I speak to is experiencing similar xx

I'm sorry ladies, I'm out.... My pregnancy was ectopic sadly. Diagnosed at 5 weeks.
Sharp, dragging sensation on and off on my left ovary, followed by a dark plum like bleed (tmi I know... ) The bleeding stops and starts.
The ectopic pregnancy can occur in 1 out of a 100 pregnant women. My body is dealing with the ectopic pregnancy naturally so no medication is needed. There is a slightly higher risk of ectopic in the future so when I'm next pregnant I need an early scan. The nurses were all very positive about my future of having a baby and spoke of many ectopic pregnancies that go on to have a lot of beautiful children.

I hope no one in this thread has to go through the same thing and I wish you all the luck and love in the world for your beautiful Bubba's to come.

This just wasn't quite my time, little chap set up camp in the wrong area... (must have my sense of direction ;). Love and baby dust to you all <3

Oh, Sweets... I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm glad that you are doing well and handling it with great spirits. All the very best to you as you move forward TTC. :hugs:

Thank you very much :o) We're actually very excited about TTC in the future, and even more so knowing we get an early scan in which we might get to see the first glimpse of our baby-to-be.

Just very unlucky. And just to ease any ladies minds out there, the cramps I refer to in my ovaries are like nothing I've had before, and very different to pregnancy cramps, but if in doubt, go to a nurse or your GP for peace of mind. <3

Thank you very much :o) We're actually very excited about TTC in the future, and even more so knowing we get an early scan in which we might get to see the first glimpse of our baby-to-be.

Just very unlucky. And just to ease any ladies minds out there, the cramps I refer to in my ovaries are like nothing I've had before, and very different to pregnancy cramps, but if in doubt, go to a nurse or your GP for peace of mind. <3

So sorry to hear that, glad your so upbeat though, you have a fantastic outlook :) Hope to see you again soon

welcome to all the new ladies :wave:

hope everyone is doing well. nausea is starting to set in :sick: thinking i'll ring my doc tomorrow and ask for some meds since my appt is for another 2 weeks :wacko:

So sorry to hear that! Massive :hugs:
You really have a great outlook. And thank you so much for posting the symptoms. I have a real fear of having an ectopic and wouldn't even know what was normal and what wasn't. :hugs:

Kestersed - sorry to hear about your eptopic. It's nice to see you've got such a positive outlook on future TTC though, and I wish you all the best for next cycles. :dust:

So sorry you're having to go though this.
Sounds like you're remaining positive though which is good. :thumbup:
I wish you lots of luck and positive vibes for your future pregnancies. :hugs:

I'm sorry about your ectopic hun :hugs:

I'm walking talking proof that it's more common than not to have a normal pregnancy after an ectopic. This is my first pregnancy after my ectopic and it was confirmed on Friday that it's in my uterus.

Hang in there :hugs:

Lownthwaite: I have had cramps since I got my BFP lol!

PS: I'm waiting for you on chatzy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->