Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Hey guys.......I have my first appointment on wed but I am not expecting much at all.....I don't think they even take bloods! I think height/weight/leaflets etc and give you a date to see a midwife I think but not sure? Anyone who has had their first appointment in the uk know if that is right??

I'm down south and that sums it up perfectly, all the form filling and blood tests are with midwife or nurse on or after your booking appointment. The Dr will put patient pregnant:happydance: on your notes, talk about health during pregnancy and folic acid and tell you when to book your midwife appointment.

Sbmack and crazae4u, we had been avoiding dtd (1st tri nerves) but everything was fine :happydance: just some very slight peach spotting. I have a graze down there (can't remember the proper name) from having Jellybean so a little spotting is normal if the scab gets knocked. Still kept me up till 1am though!

I'm sorry ladies, I'm out.... My pregnancy was ectopic sadly. Diagnosed at 5 weeks.
Incase I freak any ladies out with this message my symptoms were:
Sharp, dragging sensation on and off on my left ovary, followed by a dark plum like bleed (tmi I know... ) The bleeding stops and starts.
The ectopic pregnancy can occur in 1 out of a 100 pregnant women. My body is dealing with the ectopic pregnancy naturally so no medication is needed. There is a slightly higher risk of ectopic in the future so when I'm next pregnant I need an early scan. The nurses were all very positive about my future of having a baby and spoke of many ectopic pregnancies that go on to have a lot of beautiful children.

I hope no one in this thread has to go through the same thing and I wish you all the luck and love in the world for your beautiful Bubba's to come.

This just wasn't quite my time, little chap set up camp in the wrong area... (must have my sense of direction ;). Love and baby dust to you all <3

So sorry for your loss, thank you for posting the syptoms and sending :dust: that you fall again soon. Keep us updated xxxx

Sbmack, Hollie87, Lownthwaite and MrsMohr: Cramps are horrid!!!! Really don't remember them being this bad, maybe it's just the rose tinted glasses though!

Welcome to all of the new ladies! :wave:

Finally got my blood work results back. HCG levels at 5 weeks were 14,002! :happydance:
I wish that they had tested progesterone as well, but unfortunately they didn't. Oh well, it's good to know that at least my HCG levels were great!

I went to the doctor today and had my first ultrasound! I saw the little heartbeat, it was beautiful! My EDD is now September 28th as I measured 7 weeks. So I may have to leave this board :(

Aww, you don't have to leave us!
Especially if this is your first baby, most first time moms give birth about a week after their due date. You still have very high chances of giving birth in October, so feel free to stay with us hun. :D

Finally got my blood work results back. HCG levels at 5 weeks were 14,002! :happydance:
I wish that they had tested progesterone as well, but unfortunately they didn't. Oh well, it's good to know that at least my HCG levels were great!

Did you just ask your doc to test your blood levels early or does your doc just do that? My doc won't take me till my 8 week apt. :growlmad:

I went to the doctor today and had my first ultrasound! I saw the little heartbeat, it was beautiful! My EDD is now September 28th as I measured 7 weeks. So I may have to leave this board :(

No need to leave! I'm sure those who have an EDD within the first week of Oct may not make it that far and those in late September may have cozy babies that don't want to come out yet ;) You're close enough!

Did you just ask your doc to test your blood levels early or does your doc just do that? My doc won't take me till my 8 week apt. :growlmad:

Mine probably wouldn't have done it until my 8 week appointment either, but I went to Quest Diagnostics anyway (had to get an order from my OB's practice).

This thread is moving way too fast for me...I think I am going to gracefully bow out. I wish luck to everyone here. And always keep in mind, that not everything that Google spits out is truth.

I check in daily but thinking about that too vgibs...I can't keep up.

I'm sorry ladies, I'm out.... My pregnancy was ectopic sadly. Diagnosed at 5 weeks.
Sharp, dragging sensation on and off on my left ovary, followed by a dark plum like bleed (tmi I know... ) The bleeding stops and starts.
The ectopic pregnancy can occur in 1 out of a 100 pregnant women. My body is dealing with the ectopic pregnancy naturally so no medication is needed. There is a slightly higher risk of ectopic in the future so when I'm next pregnant I need an early scan. The nurses were all very positive about my future of having a baby and spoke of many ectopic pregnancies that go on to have a lot of beautiful children.

I hope no one in this thread has to go through the same thing and I wish you all the luck and love in the world for your beautiful Bubba's to come.

This just wasn't quite my time, little chap set up camp in the wrong area... (must have my sense of direction ;). Love and baby dust to you all <3

So sorry about the ectopic. You have a great outlook...should help you get that BFP quickly. :hugs:

How exciting to hear the heartbeat! No need to leave.

I'm so sorry kestersed :hugs: :cry: good luck with your next cycle, my sister went through, it's so sad but thankfully true that you do go on and have many beautiful bubs after.. She has 2 little munchkins now :flower: :hugs:

SO sorry about your etopic kester....:cry: Thinking of you! xx

I am hating this waking up at 430 am business....ugh.....hope that goes away!!
I have my first midwife appt this afternoon.....so so excited!!!

Lindss: I'm right here with you...wide awake...every morning at 5:30am..boo!

woooo hoooooo :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: awesome number kalon!

Lindss: I'm right here with you...wide awake...every morning at 5:30am..boo!

Worst ever!! Now my kids are starting to realize how early I'm getting up, and this am...5:30 they both came down stairs!!!!!!!!!!!

We've now told all of our family and friends about the baby :) So exciting!

We've now told all of our family and friends about the baby :) So exciting!

Did the doc.measure and say you were ahead of schedule or did he go off your last period? Did you hear the heart beat with doppler or just ultra sound?

hey :hi:

I'm cautiously joining you, my edd is 13 October. I found out I was preg last Saturday with a very strong bfp line on clear blue. :happydance::cloud9:

No feeling many symptoms...huge bbs, not so sore today though and tired.

I'm booked for my 1st scan 28th February, can't wait! Really hoping this one sticks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->