Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Does seem like a busy month!! I have just worked our that I have a wedding 8 days after my due date!! My my it wi be fun shopping for that dress!! ;-/

How is everyone feeling? I text my doctor today (she a family friend) and she said to come in when I'm about 6 weeks so I guess I just wait!

Does seem like a busy month!! I have just worked our that I have a wedding 8 days after my due date!! My my it wi be fun shopping for that dress!! ;-/

How is everyone feeling? I text my doctor today (she a family friend) and she said to come in when I'm about 6 weeks so I guess I just wait!

Oh wow, well let's hope the little pumpkin isn't born late lol! I think that's going to be the most complicated wedding dress shopping event ever. You will have to pick the dress while you are preggers right...which means you will be a completely different size after you deliver!

Where are you located? I have to wait until 7 weeks, my appointment is on the 20th! 20 more nerve racking days to go, it can't come soon enough!

ladies, I tried to download a pregnancy ticker, and it isnt showing the image, its just showing the adress in my signature.....does anyone know how I change that?

I forget what kind of code it's called but for my tickers it gives me like three separate codes that I can use, I always use the second one and not the first. What site are you using for the ticker?

thank you!! Thats what I was doing wrong...highlighting the first code instead of the second....thank you!!! How are you feeling? What symptoms have you been having?

Yes I was in that thread too - I thought I recognised your profile picture! Love the name Elijah by the way, how do you pronounce Mattea? This is my first pregnancy, going by my LMP I'm due 8th Oct but we'll see how that goes! I'm feeling tiptop at the moment, felt pretty rough last weekend (the day before my BFP) though.

It's seems to be turning into a busy month! Must be all of the Xmas and NY festivities helping those sperms swim :happydance:

I was just thinking that, every time I check the thread there are two more lovely BFP's to add lol!

You know what else? This thread was started yesterday because it was getting so big ha ha, so we all moved here from the "anyone due in October" thread lol. October pumpkins is blowing up right now. We have a really great group of ladies too!

So do you have a scan date yet?

No scan date yet, in the UK its usually not until 12 weeks :(. I do have an appointment with the Doctor tomorrow afternoon but I don't think a great deal will happen other than being referred to a midwife. From what I can gather I 'll then have a meeting with the midwife around 8 weeks and then a scan at 12 weeks.

Do you have a scan date yet?

ladies, I tried to download a pregnancy ticker, and it isnt showing the image, its just showing the adress in my signature.....does anyone know how I change that?

I forget what kind of code it's called but for my tickers it gives me like three separate codes that I can use, I always use the second one and not the first. What site are you using for the ticker?

thank you!! Thats what I was doing wrong...highlighting the first code instead of the second....thank you!!! How are you feeling? What symptoms have you been having?

Oh no problem girl :)

Just really sore bb's with more prominent veins, crampy/pinchy uterus, a "wet" feeling down there, for the last two days i've been waking up super early in the morning, gas, and this morning I had my first bought of nausea (it lasted like 10 minutes and it was done), and I'm a little more tired that usual. Other than that...so far so good.

How about you?

It's seems to be turning into a busy month! Must be all of the Xmas and NY festivities helping those sperms swim :happydance:

I was just thinking that, every time I check the thread there are two more lovely BFP's to add lol!

You know what else? This thread was started yesterday because it was getting so big ha ha, so we all moved here from the "anyone due in October" thread lol. October pumpkins is blowing up right now. We have a really great group of ladies too!

So do you have a scan date yet?

No scan date yet, in the UK its usually not until 12 weeks :(. I do have an appointment with the Doctor tomorrow afternoon but I don't think a great deal will happen other than being referred to a midwife. From what I can gather I 'll then have a meeting with the midwife around 8 weeks and then a scan at 12 weeks.

Do you have a scan date yet?

Yeah mine is the 20th, at 7 weeks :) I feel bad for you girls in the UK...7 weeks is a LONG way to wait for me so I can't imagine having to wait a full 12! BUT look on the bright side....your baby will look more like a baby than mine with that extra 5 weeks of growth under his/her belt right?

So you're due on the 8th, I'm due on the 10th. I'm really excited to have an October baby, Costume birthday parties every year...how fun is that!

Oh wow, well let's hope the little pumpkin isn't born late lol! I think that's going to be the most complicated wedding dress shopping event ever. You will have to pick the dress while you are preggers right...which means you will be a completely different size after you deliver!

Where are you located? I have to wait until 7 weeks, my appointment is on the 20th! 20 more nerve racking days to go, it can't come soon enough!

No no not "my" wedding just "a" wedding!! Hehe!! Not half as dramatic as that, phew that would be stressful !!

No my 6 week app is only he first time the doctor even wants to see me!! I think we don't get an app to have a scan till 12 weeks!! Is your 7week one a scan?? I know I will be going crazy to have a scan before 12 weeks I wi have to see how much it is to get a private one?!?! It's so hard to wait and not worry isn't it?

When did you find out? Are you still taking preg tests??

I absolutely love Autumn - my favourite season so really chuffed we're due in October :)

I'm getting ahead of myself here but thinking I could start the dressing up a little early with something like this.... https://depositphotos.com/4107601/stock-photo-Halloween-pumpkin-painted-on-belly-of-pregnant.html :blush:

No no not "my" wedding just "a" wedding!! Hehe!! Not half as dramatic as that, phew that would be stressful !!

No my 6 week app is only he first time the doctor even wants to see me!! I think we don't get an app to have a scan till 12 weeks!! Is your 7week one a scan?? I know I will be going crazy to have a scan before 12 weeks I wi have to see how much it is to get a private one?!?! It's so hard to wait and not worry isn't it?

I'm considering a private scan at around 8 weeks - far too impatient to wait 12 weeks! There is a place in Reading near where I live that charges about £75. I've stopped testing, temping, charting and everything TTC related now! Pregnancy symptom spotting is time consuming enough for me!

I'm considering a private scan at around 8 weeks - far too impatient to wait 12 weeks! There is a place in Reading near where I live that charges about £75. I've stopped testing, temping, charting and every TTC related now! Pregnancy symptom spotting is time consuming enough for me!

I think I will def look into what a scan would cost here.....I am bursting already!! I have only texted last night for first time, might do just one more (have one digi left) just for my peace of mind!!

hey mamas, just found out yesterday that we are pregnant! went to the dr today, 5 weeks along. due date oct. 2nd in case anybody wants to add it to the main page. :) we have a fairytale story. we have been trying for the past 2 1/2 years to conceive using both IUIs & IVF treatments. currently we have been matched to a lovely family & have a (hopeful) baby due july through adoption. and now we biologically have a baby due in oct.!! we are so excited!! it just so happens that all of my friends are not currently pregnant so i thought i might hope on board this group. congrats to all of you!! how is everybody feeling?

I just saw you're post. Big congrats to you!!!! Are you in Florida with me!!!

thanks!! congrats to you too!! :cloud9: this weather has been great right?

Thanks:hugs: This weather has been absolutely beautiful, my husband and I moved down 4 years ago in October from Ohio. I will never get tired of never ever being cold or seeing snow that's for sure! Although I'm pretty sure I'm going to be one of the hottest pregnant girls ever come summer time!

Where in Ohio? That is where we are from too!! We have been in the sunshine state for 5 years. I love the sunshine but I really miss the season change. The beach is pretty priceless though. How have you been feeling? I have slight cramps and twinges, Dr. said it is my uterus expanding. They did an ultra sound yesterday and saw a beautiful sac! No yolk yet, they think it is too early and I am scheduled to go in next Friday to get another.

To all the lovely ladies, what prenatal vitamins are you on? Dr. gave me about a million samples and said not to waste any and when I am done to come back & get more or that she will write a prescription. Also, has anybody attempted some exercise? I am a Yogi but wary about going back because it can be intense at times. Have a great Thursdays!:flower:

Have you girls told anyone other than your partners yet?

I'm really keen to wait until the 12 weeks scan, mainly because if something does go wrong I'd rather deal with it in private with my husband.

My husband falls under the 'wearing heart on sleeve' category and is busting to tell someone, although has promised he won't. We have a couple of social events coming up, which I'd usually be drinking at, and we've agreed that I'll be 'on antibiotics for a chest infection' so can't drink. So when a friend he works with invited us out, his response?
'C's been feeling really unwell recently so we'll have to play it by ear'.
His friend ' What's wrong with her?'
Husband ' Not sure, she's been getting these weird symptoms and feeling sick'.
His friend ' Not pregnant is she?'
Husband 'Oh no, errrrm she's on antibiotics' :dohh:

He honestly is an intelligent man.... what he lacks in discretion and tact, he makes up for in excitement!

To all the lovely ladies, what prenatal vitamins are you on? Dr. gave me about a million samples and said not to waste any and when I am done to come back & get more or that she will write a prescription. Also, has anybody attempted some exercise? I am a Yogi but wary about going back because it can be intense at times. Have a great Thursdays!:flower:

I'm only taking folic acid at the moment (have been for the past 6 months), I have a doctors appointment tomorrow so will ask what else I should be taking then.

I had planned to start running just before I got the BFP, my husband has bought me running clothing and gear for my bday (next week :)), think I'll holdfire on anything high intensity for now though as I'm worried it will be a bit to ohigh intensity as my body isn't used to it.

I'm planning on signing up to a pregnancy yoga / pilates class in the next couple of months (probably once we go public in case I bump into anyone I know!) and want to start swimming. We also have a dog so do a fair bit of walking with him too.

i have been wanting to run lately but the last couple days i have been SO tired!!! I'm almost embarassed to admit what time I went to bed last night. haha

I would loooove to wait until I hear a strong heartbeat at 12 weeks to tell people. Don't know if I will make it that long but we are going to try. It was so devastating to have to take back news of pregnancy when i MC'd :(

i have been wanting to run lately but the last couple days i have been SO tired!!! I'm almost embarassed to admit what time I went to bed last night. haha

I would loooove to wait until I hear a strong heartbeat at 12 weeks to tell people. Don't know if I will make it that long but we are going to try. It was so devastating to have to take back news of pregnancy when i MC'd :(

Sorry you went through that - it must be so difficult having to tell people, all while dealing with the grief yourselves.

FX for a happy and healthy 9 months for you this time :)

Hi :) I don't know if my real DD is gonna be Oct 3rd =/ It may be Oct 5th or 7th. I'll know more in 2wks!

That's OK! Dates are always free to change, I put a confirmation pending next to yours though to make ya feel better. :)

And I think there were some other new gals on the other page...so welcome and congrats to everyone that just joined!!

Oh and guys, I have two more symptoms to add this morning. I can't sleep as long as I normally do lol. I fall right to sleep when I go to bed but have been waking up at 5 to 5:30am and I usually sleep until 7!! So I wouldn't say insomnia but I can't for the life of me go back to sleep! And when I got out of bed this morning I was hit with a huge bought of nausea...boo...I was hoping I would be special and not get it ha ha!

Ohhh and I woke up thinking. Instead of doing a traditional pregnancy journal I'm going to do a video pregnancy journal! That way at the end of the pregnancy I can burn them all to a disk and stick them in the baby book. I LOVE the baby book my mom did for me when I was little but it would be even cooler if I could see my mom on video when she was pregnant with me, seeing her progress etc. What do you guys think?

That is more like what I have too, if I wake up after falling asleep it is near impossible to get back to sleep! With my first pregnancy I was always up by 5, so I would watch all the pregnancy shows on TLC that would be on at that time. lol When I finally did go into labour and they said they were putting me on pitocin I said to my mom "I've seen this episode, I am going to end up with a section!" Sure enough, I did.

I think a video journal is a LOVELY idea. I have debated documenting my last pregnancy on YouTube. I have something around 18,000 subscribers. I used to have 24,000 but I haven't been posting much of anything in the last two-three years.

Hi can you please add me?? I am due oct 1!! Thank you! xx

Congrats and welcome to the thread! This is my third baby too. Exciting! But it will also be weird to be outnumbered lol. You're all added.

Wow, you are more dedicated than me. I'd be like, dude... it's nice that you're getting married and everything but yeah. I am due around that time and if I haven't popped yet I won't want to do it at your wedding and if I have I'll have a newborn to take care of! Although I have seen people go to weddings pretty soon after delivery. Just would not be for me! Call me selfish. ;)

---

I am just taking folic acid as I have a history of extremely severe (hospitalized) hyperemesis and believe it or not but those big all in one maternity vitamins can actually make you sick! So if you're bent on taking them ladies make sure it is before bed and not in the morning.

Phew. I think that's everything. Am I caught up now?

Good morning all! I couldn't hold it in, either could my husband... we told quite a few people:) We are so thrilled! I finally got a good nights sleep! I woke up at my normal bathroom break 2:30am and then went back to sleep until 6:30!! My brain is starting to feel better now. Other then that my breast hurt and nothing else is going on. When are all of you going in for the heartbeat??

Yes I was in that thread too - I thought I recognised your profile picture! Love the name Elijah by the way, how do you pronounce Mattea? This is my first pregnancy, going by my LMP I'm due 8th Oct but we'll see how that goes! I'm feeling tiptop at the moment, felt pretty rough last weekend (the day before my BFP) though.

Thats great that you are feeling good now!! My appetite is crazy, well actually, I actually just feel so sick to my stomach unless I am eating or have just eaten, so weird....the way that you pronounce Mattea is MATAIYA...I trhought it was so different and pretty when we came across it last pregnancy.
You have one other child righht?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->