Lil' October Pumpkins 2013

Can I just mention that I am having the WORST gas pains ever! This is like debilitating pain. Freaked me out for a while cause I thought it was uterus cramps getting progressively worse... But I'm pretty sure now that its not. But holy hell it hurts! Oh the joys of pregnancy.:dohh:

LOL this is how I was last week!! I was getting so scared but then I realized I was just gas and I felt much better :haha:

I went with an OBGYN because in America we don't have universal healthcare, we just have insurance that we pay for ourselves and what they will cover. When I tried talking to the one midwife establishment we have in our area it seemed really sketchy as to whether my insurance would cover with them, so I decided against a midwife solely for that reason. At least with my OBGYN I know that my insurance will cover everything.

I'm with Mama Otter on this one! I wanted a midwife but insurance companies are very picky with what they will and won't cover and some insurance companies won't cover some of the treatment preformed by a midwife. Not sure why :shrug:

Its a shame obstetric care is so backwards in North America. in Europe it is entirely led by midwives. I have had a midwive with my previous 2 pregnancies and have one again, its just feels odd to me to have a physician. I don't want a medical led perspective. However in Canada it is now covered but only for the last 10 years or so. Most people still tend to go with physicians but midwivery is slowly gaining. I am from the Uk and its just a natural way to go for me. I am sure there are plenty of excellent obstetricians out there and in fact, my first baby was stuck and my son was eventually delivered by an OB who was wonderful.

Believe me, I wish that midwives were a more common thing here. I love the idea of one. I just can't afford to not have that medical coverage though.

Of course not, its too expensive. You have to go with what your insurance covers, totally get that.

Can I just mention that I am having the WORST gas pains ever! This is like debilitating pain. Freaked me out for a while cause I thought it was uterus cramps getting progressively worse... But I'm pretty sure now that its not. But holy hell it hurts! Oh the joys of pregnancy.:dohh:

Me toooo Mama Ducky!! I thought my cramps were getting horrible, but every time I relieved myself (tmi!!) I felt instant relief! :haha:

Gas and sore boobs are still by big symptoms. For the first few weeks I was STARVING and eating so much. Now nothing sounds good and I have to make myself eat. I have been living off Goldfish the only thing that sounds good. Maybe I am craving salt salt?

I was the exact same way! The first couple of week that I knew about my pregnancy I was hungry all the time and could just eat anything and everything. Now I have zero appetite and have to force myself to eat. I've been taking my prenatals at night before I go to bed. I've noticed that when I do, I wake up feeling a lot better in the morning.

Wow Mamma Otter love that we are due the same day!!! Yay!! :) And yes Americas healthcare system sucks! In Real Estate they dont even give you healthcare so you have to pay out of pocket every month for it. We pay like $500 a month its just disgusting.

Wow, that's a ridiculous amount! Right now I don't pay anything for mine because fortunately I can be on my father's insurance until I turn 26. My father has EXCELLENT government health insurance (he's been working with the government for over 20 years) and it's been wonderful. I think my co-pay is only $10. DF only pays $8 a month I believe (he only gets single benefits right now though) and his insurance is almost as good as mine.

Wow Mamma Otter love that we are due the same day!!! Yay!! :) And yes Americas healthcare system sucks! In Real Estate they dont even give you healthcare so you have to pay out of pocket every month for it. We pay like $500 a month its just disgusting.

I have insurance through my husbands company, but even through them we pay over $600 a month. The company only has plans for an individual or a family. So we could have 10 kids and it'd still be the same, but as just a couple it's awful!

It's been a long day.

We spent about 5 hours in the ER getting tests done and waiting to finally have an ultrasound. I had some brown spotting last night (19th) that turned into red bleeding this morning. They have no clear idea what's going on, they saw a sac and my cervix is closed, but the bleeding is worrying and my levels are low. They told me my levels were in the high 700s, and that I would need to come back in 2 days to get them checked for doubling. After some research, I found out I should be into the 1,000s by now at 6 weeks. We're in a sort of limbo until Friday, hoping and praying that little Buddha is still okay and praying for strength and support if he/she's not. I appreciate the support and kindness here, and I apologize for those of you who are trying to get in the facebook group. I haven't been to it today, so I'll have to get another person to help me with that. I pray that I can stay with you all. :)

I know mama otter I got to stay on my parents insurance till I was 26 and then boom your dropped....Its crazy, the goverment doesnt think we all deserve healthcare and to be healthy? its sickening! My copays are like $30 and dental coverage, well thats just annoying, I need 3 implants, all molers and its going to be $1000's of dollars to get it done. What insurance does your DF pay $8 for and is it through his job? Even when I was in a corporate job, they took so much out each month for healthcare. Its just gross! Mama Duck I am right there with you... its just insane!!! SlimBrit sending sticky dust your way I hope everything is okay, sending all my love! <3 <3

So here is my 7 week scan of my baby lion that has a heartbeat! :blush::happydance::hugs::kiss::flower::cloud9::crib::dance::yipee::friends:

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 17
That's a good lookin' baby! :)

Hello Fellow Punkin's! Due the 14th, here. Looking forward to getting to know you ladies! :) Like many of you, I don't have any pregnant friends/family around me either, so it'll be nice to have some female bonding!

Welcome Girlnboots! Happy to have you here, and I dont have many girlfriends so I completely understand :) i actually watched pussnboots for the first time on vacation a month ago and loved it!

Hey y'all!
Sorry I've been MIA, I've been on a snowboarding trip :) I was so looking forward to snowboarding, didn't think anything would happen to my baby, and then when I got to the top of the mountain I got so nervous that I just walked down. I guess it's the mama coming out in me!
I'm so sorry for all the mamas going through hard times, I wish you all the best!

Slimbrit.....so sorry you are going thru this girl...sending u loads of sticky baby dust. I don't mind taking over the Facebook group in terms of getting more mamas in the group , but not sure how to invite people into the group. If u could pm me the details I don't mind doing it xxxx keep us updated when u know anything

That sounds amazing Miranda! I wish we had the money for that! My valentines day gift this year was a super nice matters topper. It's amazing!

We really couldn't afford to buy a new mattress, all things considered and I sort of panicked when I saw it, but he got a really good deal on it. Apparently when a mattress gets stitched wrong (the machine went off the edge), they finish stitching it right and then sell it to the local thrift store, who then sells them to make money for the Children's Hospital. Who cares if there are stitches going off the edge? It is always covered with sheets and blankets!! It is 18 inches thick and has the pillow top and he got just the mattress (our foundation was fine) for $180!!!! My ex just got the exact same mattress and foundation for more than $1000!!! I am so in love with it!!

The mattress we had before got destroyed because the upstairs neighbors in our last place overflowed their bathroom and the ceiling came down on our mattress and we didn't have the money to get a new, nice one. So we replaced it with a "mattress" that was about 3 inches thick. When we moved, we actually rolled it up and took it with us. We probably could have used a mattress topper to make it better, but I hadn't even thought about such a thing.

It's been a long day.

We spent about 5 hours in the ER getting tests done and waiting to finally have an ultrasound. I had some brown spotting last night (19th) that turned into red bleeding this morning. They have no clear idea what's going on, they saw a sac and my cervix is closed, but the bleeding is worrying and my levels are low. They told me my levels were in the high 700s, and that I would need to come back in 2 days to get them checked for doubling. After some research, I found out I should be into the 1,000s by now at 6 weeks. We're in a sort of limbo until Friday, hoping and praying that little Buddha is still okay and praying for strength and support if he/she's not. I appreciate the support and kindness here, and I apologize for those of you who are trying to get in the facebook group. I haven't been to it today, so I'll have to get another person to help me with that. I pray that I can stay with you all. :)

Hoping that everything is okay with you and your little bean!!

Slimbrit, sending lots of positive thoughts your way!! I hope everything works out and the bean is just taking it's time to get settled in. Hugs!

It's been a long day.

Oh hun i am praying for you that your levels have doubled when you go back in. Im sorry you have to go through this right now ((((HUGS))))

As for you ladies in America, I have always felt sorry for you with the way it works for your healthcare :( .... it sucks that you have to make your decisions based on money but i totally understand.

That's a good lookin' baby! :)

Hello Fellow Punkin's! Due the 14th, here. Looking forward to getting to know you ladies! :) Like many of you, I don't have any pregnant friends/family around me either, so it'll be nice to have some female bonding!

Welcome and congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->