Lily Allen's baby name

Louby

Reaction score
I have just read that Lily Allen has named her baby girl...

Ethel Mary

I did not expect that, I thought she would be named something a bit out there!

Discuss.. xxxxx

https://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/celebrity-gossip/lily-allens-baby-name-revealed-5

I like the old fashioned names, I would have loved to call my daughter Josie, but OH wouldn't have any of it!

Well, I do like old fashioned names but not so much Ethel - to me it sounds like an old lady not a baby but I suppose eery old lady named Ethel I've know was a baby once. I wonder if it's a family name?

i dont mind old fashioned names (although not to my personal taste) but ethel isnt one of the nicer ones. maybe its cos i have an aunt ethel and shes a horrid old witch.

I expected an old fashioned name actually although I am really not keen Ethel.

Ethel wouldn't be my first choice for a girl, but I guess it's down to what the mother likes so maybe Lily thought that was perfect for her little princess :)

I like it but I love old fashioned names! Personally I actually prefer it the other way - Mary Ethel. BF I love Josie! Never thought of that but it's very sweet. Don't like Josephine but I think that's cos I knew a girl at school called it and she was a real cowbag!

I think ethel reminds me of a really old lady!! Not overly keen on old fashioned names but each to thier own, I've heard way worse!.. and tbh after all she's been through I'm sure she's not bothered what anyone thinks of the name....! She must be so relieved she had a healthy baby.

mmm not sure, its too old a name for me, reminds me of these one from Eastenders tbh, love Mary though.

I'm all for old fashioned names, but Ethel isn't even a nice name for old women *shudder* I think it's terrible, but her choice.

I was expecting her to pick an old fashioned name too. It's not to my taste but each to their own

I love it!

If I ever had another daughter (I am more likely to win lottery lol) then I want to call her Maggie! I love the old names.

I really like it but don't think oh will.let.me.have it if we have anymore

it reminds me of ethal and dot from eastenders! Its nice that a celeb can have a 'normal' name though x

personally i prefer the old fashioned names to far out there names...... Ethel isnt personally something i would call my child but its sweet.

My friend had a baby and called her Josie and she got quite a lot of slack for it but i think its cute and nicer then a crazy far out ther name imo x

I normally love old fashioned name but I've always hated the name Ethel not sure why but hey ho xx

I dont like it :-/ I do love old fashioned names but i dont like Ethel at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->