Lily Allen's baby name

Not too keen on Ethel but I love old names too. On my short list for Daisy were Elsie, Edie, Eliza, Victoria and Josie but my husband wasn't keen on any of those. I love Ivy too but I named my chihuahua Ivy when I got her 6 years ago and have since been kicking myself that I didn't save it to use for a baby!

Ethel is one of my cat's names!!
So I can't really picture a little babby called it :wacko:

xo

Attachments

• DSC00092.jpg
    DSC00092.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 3
It crossed my mind Lily let the name 'Ethel' leak as a pee take. It wouldnt surprise me.
I dont mind the name Ethel. It wouldnt be on the top of my list but I dont hate it.

Would Lily not pronounce it 'Effel' though? just curious?

So happy she finally has the little baby she deserves :)

no, shes well spoken. Shes had a 'posh' upbringing, the london street thing was a total front which shes mainly dropped now :)

It crossed my mind Lily let the name 'Ethel' leak as a pee take. It wouldnt surprise me.
I dont mind the name Ethel. It wouldnt be on the top of my list but I dont hate it.

Would Lily not pronounce it 'Effel' though? just curious?

So happy she finally has the little baby she deserves :)

no, shes well spoken. Shes had a 'posh' upbringing, the london street thing was a total front which shes mainly dropped now :)

Oooh well I never knew that!!

I must agree it is not an old fashioned name I thought would make a come back but it might be a special name to her or she just really likes it!!

I do like the old fashioned name but i'm not keen on Ethel, it just reminds me of that old lady in Eastenders with her dog called Willy.

I don't like it, but I'm not surprised, it's very Lily Allen-ish. There's a big comeback for old fashioned names like Maud, Mabel, Betsy etc. I think June is my bet for the next old fashioned name to come back around!

I love the name Betsy! And Betty. I wanted one of the two soo bad but OH immediately vetoed both!

A school friend called her daughter Betsy, but thats what I call my car :haha:

I dont like it. Im a fan of some older traditional names like Isabella, Jozie, Eleanor, Grace, Evie etc but not Ethel! x

I love it. My great-grandmother was called Ethel May but everyone called her Effie May, definitely on my names list.

Its not for me, but then my choice of name isn't for everyone either!
I do prefer less popular names and i'm sure if its good enough for lily allen its probably going to be good enough for a lot of other people to copy now too!

I quite like it! Though it does remind me a bit of The Worst Witch :haha:

I wanted Lucas to have a more old fashioned name but his Dad was having none of it. For months while I was pregnant he was called George - there was no way I was getting away with Percival! :(

Hmm not sure I like it. To me theres old fashioned names and names for old people..Ethel to me is the latter lol
x

I think Ethel sounds (and looks) unfinished and blunt. It falls off the tongue like a rock. Just my opinion though!

Its a nice enough name, wouldnt have put it for a baby. Maybe it will have another name that they call her, Like another poster put Effie.

Ethel is just a realllllly old lady name IMO. Not kind of cool and retro, just proper old.

But hey it's not my baby, she would probably hate the names I've given my girls!

When I first heard it I said awwww how cute, but it's not something I'd call my own child.

I do love old names tho. I loved Elsie when I was having Eden and I love Esme too. Eden gets called Edie though so I got a bit of grandma chic in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->