Lily Allen's baby name

my oh says there was a woman in a big estate where he's originally from called "ethel big toe" cause she had a really big toe apparently lol so thats all i can think of!

I think its ok, I wouldnt call my daughter it, but I wouldnt say its horrid :) I love old fashioned names and have always wanted a little girl called Estelle (OH would have none or it lol )

Not really a fan of Ethel, but I like names like that, ie Edith. Enid and Millicent.

Definitely wouldn't be my first choice but I love how it's such a classic elegant name and not a name she's just randomly picked from picking up a piece of fruit or the place the girl was conceievd in!

I definatly thought she would choose a older name after watching her show. I'm not a fan of older names but my daughter has one :dohh:

Her middle name is after OH's nan....Ethne, i didn't like it but it has grown on me :)

I don't like it at all. Most definitely not a name I would choose for my child. Everyone is different though, I think some old names are making a come back alongside ones that are already really popular again but I don't really think Ethel is one of them.

I posted this to my FB yesterday afternoon and most people seemed to like it. :shrug: lol

Hmm not so much to my taste, I like the old fashioned names but I just couldn't imagine running around after DD shouting 'Ethel!!!' But thats just me. Elsie was on our list of names but I decided against it as it was a bit too old fashioned for me x

I love old fashioned names (obvious from my own LO's name :haha:) but Ethel isn't my cup of tea at all! However it makes me so happy that Lily Allen finally got the baby that she wanted so much, she seems like she'll make a really good mum.

I think old fashioned names are becoming the more 'out there' names just now.
I think Ethel is lovely.

Did anyone ever read Archie comics? It immediately reminds me of Big Ethel!
https://cdn1.iofferphoto.com/img3/item/206/887/910/WGRb.jpg

Poor Ethel.

I think they are American. My grandma is Canadian and used to send them over all the time. THEY ARE SO GOOD.

My nans names are Elsie and Ivy. I love them both. Would have loved to have used them but my DD's name jumped out at me and it suits her :)

My mums friend called her daughter Elsie, she was born last year.

I love a lot of old fashioned names, I call one of my dds Josie(Anja-Josaphine) but this is definately not my cup of tea:shrug:

I like it, but would probably have Mary Ethel - think it sounds better that way round

Elsie is gorgeous! I also love old man names. Ira is my faave but OH vetoed it a long time ago :haha:

It crossed my mind Lily let the name 'Ethel' leak as a pee take. It wouldnt surprise me.
I dont mind the name Ethel. It wouldnt be on the top of my list but I dont hate it.

Would Lily not pronounce it 'Effel' though? just curious?

So happy she finally has the little baby she deserves :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->