Lily has to have a CAT scan. **UPDATE PG3**

Thank you guys so so much, you have made me feel so much better! I received the next appointment, not 3 months which is good, november 12th, so about 2 months, still long but better than 3 months I suppose.

Munchkin, Urm I know what my other half wants for her, he wants the surgery for her, but the way they made it sound, whatever they want goes! Im kinda torn, I do like the idea of it being out and not worrying everytime she gets a cold, like now me and OH are getting one and im kind of panicing that she'll get it and become infected and all that I don't know if I can handle this everytime someone gets the sniffles, its no way for her to live bless her.

Oh Emily, you will handle it OK.....because there's no option but to be strong for her. Chemo destroyed Morgandie's immunie system between the ages of 2 months and 12 months, and a cold was a nightmare for her as it could have been pretty much life-threatening, so I know exactly how you feel.

Being practical for a second, get yourselves stokced up with anti-bacterial hand gel. We were told by Gt Ormond ST that 98% of colds can be avoided through good hand-hygiene and that whenever anyone came into contact with you/her...regardless of if they seemed well, than if we used hand-gel liberally and regularly, then we would have the best chance of keeping her well.

We saw most children go though at least one cold a month whilst in treatment....they had nothing to fight them with, but Morgandie never got one, so it was obviously good advice.

Morgandie wasn't even 7 months old when she had major abdominal surgery....they literally split her from side to side and operated on her Aorta to remove and embedded tumour and one of her adrenal glands......it was actually quite high risk surgery in the grand scheme of things, due the the risk of bleeding from the Aorta, and she came back to us with a six inch wound with over 25 stitches......but this picture was taken less than 3 days after her operation. I am only posting it here to show you how resilient out little ones are. If I ever need a reminder when i whinge about a cold or headache....I look at this and remember how well she handled it!

Attachments

• After op.JPG
    After op.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 3
Oh Emily, you will handle it OK.....because there's no option but to be strong for her. Chemo destroyed Morgandie's immunie system between the ages of 2 months and 12 months, and a cold was a nightmare for her as it could have been pretty much life-threatening, so I know exactly how you feel.

Being practical for a second, get yourselves stokced up with anti-bacterial hand gel. We were told by Gt Ormond ST that 98% of colds can be avoided through good hand-hygiene and that whenever anyone came into contact with you/her...regardless of if they seemed well, than if we used hand-gel liberally and regularly, then we would have the best chance of keeping her well.

We saw most children go though at least one cold a month whilst in treatment....they had nothing to fight them with, but Morgandie never got one, so it was obviously good advice.

Morgandie wasn't even 7 months old when she had major abdominal surgery....they literally split her from side to side and operated on her Aorta to remove and embedded tumour and one of her adrenal glands......it was actually quite high risk surgery in the grand scheme of things, due the the risk of bleeding from the Aorta, and she came back to us with a six inch wound with over 25 stitches......but this picture was taken less than 3 days after her operation. I am only posting it here to show you how resilient out little ones are. If I ever need a reminder when i whinge about a cold or headache....I look at this and remember how well she handled it!

wow bless her shes gone through so much, your so brave and so is she! You've been so helpful its untrue, to know im not alone is brilliant, Shes such a cutie, so happy, i hope lily can bounce back so quickly too.

I'll definetly be getting more gels, we have a couple around the house as it is but kinda stopped using them so much when she got a bit older, going to start again though.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"