line suddenly fainter at 7+4 on pregnancy test?

tinkerbelle93

2 little boys :)
Reaction score
I've been doing the odd test every week or so since I found out, as I happen to have loads of ic tests.

From about 5 weeks, the 2 lines have been exactly the same. This was also the case last time I tested, at around 6 weeks.

Well anyway today at 7+4 weeks I decided to do another and now the test line is fainter :( it still came up instantly as a bfp, and a very clear one, just not as strong as previous weeks.

Any experience or stories with this?

Every test (even the same brand) is a little different. I had a very light one too but I chalked it up to being a wired test. Also with hcg levels as high as they are the test aren't really capable of handling it. My hcg at 6 weeks exactly was well over 20,000. So I can't imagine what yours is.

Try adding water to your wee, known as the hook effect, once hcg gets to high the hpt struggles lol xx

Stop testing! You'll drive yourself crazy...i bet its the hook effect. Just enjoy your pregnancy!!

I have loads of ICs too but have refused to use them since the test got as dark as control at 5-6 weeks. They can't get any darker but do start to get lighter when the HCG levels are too high for them to handle, and I didn't want to see that and start freaking out! Apparently it works if you add water to the sample first before dipping the test, strange! The ICs are only designed to detect low levels around 10, so once you're past 6 weeks and well into the thousands they're just not much use anymore.

It's the hook effect and has been happening to me for weeks! I use a tiny bit of urine mix with quite a bit of water and voila, a lovely strong line!
Test the theory and then put them away for good! Xx

Thanks ladies, I diluted with water and sure enough the usual strong lines! Feel much happier X

Weird how it works like that, you've made me want to test it now!

That happened to me yesterday. I vowed to stop testing but found a cheapie under my bathroom sink and decided to use it and the line was lighter than it was the last time I tested about a week or two ago and I remembered why I stopped testing. It's enough to drive you crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->