linea nigra color and gender !!

shivangi1210

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

In india its illegal to determine gender before birth :nope:
But you all know the excitement. As I can't get to know the gender before birth, I need some help.
as per my friend there is a old wives tale, that if the color of your linea nigra is black you are expecting a boy and if its brown then you are expecting girl.
Is it true in your case ??
TIA

Mine is brown and I'm having a girl x

I didn't have a Linea nigra with either pregnancy. My first was a boy and this one is a girl.

I don't have one really (extremely pale pink line) and it's a girl.

I had a girl and it was barely visible. Last time I had a boy and it was much more visible... don't remember the colour though. May I ask, if it's not offensive to you (I'm sorry if it is, I really don't mean to) why it's illegal?

I had a girl and it was barely visible. Last time I had a boy and it was much more visible... don't remember the colour though. May I ask, if it's not offensive to you (I'm sorry if it is, I really don't mean to) why it's illegal?

Its illegal because of Asian cultures favouring one type of gender (boy) and aborting girl feotuses

But the NHS are on about stopping people finding out gender at 20 weeks scans because they don't have enough staff to find out genders and also to stop the rates of abortion by gender selecting and also from the NHS being sued because of incorrect gender.
They are saying that people will have to pay for private gender scans if they want to find out what gender there baby is

In some parts of india, people used to kill the girl fetus :( so govt banned it. Its horrible I know and as a indian I'm ashamed of it :cry:

this is my fourth boy and with my first I had a brown one, with my second I had a brown one just up to my belly button and with my third and now fourth I don't have one! so I don't think it really is true and it all depends on the original skin color

Oh, that is indeed terrible... but you shouldn't be ashamed shivangi1210 , it's not your fault :)
If you google gender prediction you will find tons of superstitions. I tried many with ds and they were all right (balancing the wedding ring on a hairstring for instance, or the chinese gender calendar). With dd, they were all inconclusive.

I haven't got it this time and it's a girl, I had it last two times and it was brown, both boys.

Mines really light and it's a boy 😊

I don't have one and it's a girl, but I'm also very, very pale. I think it has more to do with your skin color

There's plenty of old wives tales to try though! You could look at a moon signs calendar or biorhythm charts :)

Im not sure if its different for people with darker skin tone but for me ( im Caucasian ) ive just had a light brown one with all 3 of my boys. Im having a girl this time and im not far enough along to have one yet but im interested to see if it will be a different colour :)

You know what was accurate for me and my sister (with multiple pregnancies, even)? The baking soda test! You put a bit of baking soda in a small cup (a shot glass works great), pee in it (that's the gross part), if it fizzes then it's a boy, and if it doesn't, then it's a girl.

Wive's tale, sure, but 4/4 isn't bad!

My 2 boys it was visable dark brown and this time is light brown just about visable and it's a girl xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->