***Lion Cub Mommies-Back In Action!***

here is my fridge and kitchen :haha: I'm actually going grocery shopping this Monday to get more food since we'll be "out" of food this Sunday :rofl: I left the pictures high quality for ultimate snooping :haha:

I'll post more later if I can. Kira is being a super crank pot this evening and DH took her out of the house for a moment so I could get some peace.

fake stainless steal front, but complete with ice in the door (crushed or whole) and cold water!https://www.razortoe.com/share/fridge/fridge.jpg

inside the fridge. On the shelf with orange juice is a blue carton which contains milk. You can't tell from the picture, but we have 4 of those milk cartons on that shelf :blush:https://www.razortoe.com/share/fridge/inside.jpg

my kitchen! I love my kitchen and one day when it wears out I would like to do upgrades like granite counter tops, real tile floors, and a tile back splashhttps://www.razortoe.com/share/fridge/kitchen.jpg

I love that you keep your alcohol at an easily reachable level for Kira. :haha: You have a nice kitchen!

How much did it cost to build a house? We've thought about doing that instead just buying land and maybe for now getting a cheap trailer or RV to put on it until we can afford to build. :haha:

I guess one day I'll have to child proof my fridge :haha:

The house cost 205,000 total, but that was in 2006 when house prices were insane and contractors were able to charge more since there was so much work. Included in that was about 20,000 of county fees for water and sewer hook up, plus permit fees. A 2 bedroom 1 bath fixer upper was going for 230,000 in this area, so we really got a great bargain :thumbup: It's a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath with an unfinished basement.

This is my exact house (minus the garage)
https://www.mod-u-kraf.com/floorplans.php?floorplan=Newport

It was shipped here from Virginia in 4 large pieces and then put into place with a crane. It was one of the most stressful days of my life!

That's a really nice layout! I'm looking at houses for 70k and under. :haha: I could never afford 200k. Even now with DH's job we couldn't afford it. :blush:

jelr- I meant to respond earlier but you were completely right, I peaked today on my monitor. :rofl: You knew it before I even did! :haha: So hopefully you are also right and the weight will fall back off. But last month it didn't fall back off for some reason.

This week I started that 30-day shred. I did it yesterday and I have to do it today still. I keep getting distracted looking at houses online. :haha:

We managed to save 40,000 in the years before buying the house since we lived in a 2 room apartment that was $500/ month and it included all utilities. We both worked full time jobs and were only paying for rent, food and gas (we seriously did not buy anything else and even were sleeping on a used matress :blush:) . So our final mortgage was 160,000 which is only about $1100 a month. So not bad at all! I bet that same house could be built for 100,000 or less in other areas of the country. It's so expensive living in Maryland and we live in one of the richest counties in the country so the price of everything is jacked up to unreasonable levels. DH works for the county government and his salary doesn't allow him to afford to live here- but we can because of the free land we early-inherited and "cheap" house :haha: My parents and MIL moved here when it was inexpensive 20+ years ago and we really wanted to live nearby. DH's income is 42K (he use to make 48K but has mandatory unpaid leave now due to the economy) and I make 24K working part time (so you can see why me losing my job will suck big time!!)

84 lumber use to sell lumber packages for houses. There was one that we were going to buy- it was a cute house that would cost 35,000... but then we would have to hire someone to put it together :haha:

Your house looks amazing Spidey - lots of room. You know the house I am going to be renting, well we were told that would cost £325000 to buy (which is $537,000) now that is crazy!

OMG Shiv, I would die if I had to pay that much for a house!!

Yeah a house for that price would be a freaking mansion here! Well probably not here in san diego but back home it would be. :haha: San diego is ridiculous for house prices too. Although I'd never even consider buying a house here.

I wish someone would give us land. :rofl: DH's parents own 33 acres but I don't think they'd ever give any of it away. :lol: And DH's brother owns 80 acres. :shock: But he would never give it away either. We offered to buy 5 acres from him and he denied us. :(

Well I've been searching back home some more and I"m feeling much more confident about all of this. There are some decent houses for like 40k back home and although they are in the city, I could totally deal with that if it meant we'd have a roof over our heads. The town DH is from is an hour away this city but that's still better than being a 4 day drive away.

Cleck - I am SO glad you are feeling moe confident about everything. I bet you'll start getting excited about moving back home and being with Corey and then he won't get told to leave the Army :dohh: I truly hope that it all works out for the best for you guys. It is awesome that you can buy a house for 40K, I am jealous!

Suffice to say we will not be able to buy a house similar to the one we are renting, well at least not in the lovely area that it is in! That makes me sad and a bit scared but we will see what the next year brings - maybe we will win the lottery!

Well there's a bunch in the 40k range but I can't tell how nice the neighborhoods are without seeing them in person. They could be in the middle of a ghetto for all I know. :haha: Although they have houses for only 10k too in that city. :wacko: So I'm assuming THOSE are the ghetto houses.

So I just wiki'd it and it looks like a nice city, some good parks and some nice looking historical buildings! oh and lots of churches!

ok so I just looked fro houses for sale and I don't understand how houses are for sale for only $6000?!?!??!!? They might be shitholes but they are still a house!

Looks like you could get a really nice house for $40000 Cleck, I am thinking of moving there myself :haha:

I know it!! :haha: Here are a few I'm eyeing atm but obviously doesn't matter because they will probably be gone before we even think about buying again.Most of these are over 40k but I put my max amount at 70k when looking. We have 10k right now that we could put down on a house and I plan on saving more each month obviously so I think by the time we actually go to purchase a house I could have at the very least 15k but probably closer to 20k for a down payment.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...r_Fort-Wayne_IN_46806_M40057-34057?source=web
https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...t_Fort-Wayne_IN_46802_M31282-34131?source=web
https://www.realtor.com/realestatea..._Fort-Wayne_IN_46806_M34629-90576?source=web#
https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...e_Fort-Wayne_IN_46807_M37398-51004?source=web

DH's main thing is that he wants a garage because he loves working on cars and he wants a basement. My thing is that I want a dining room(The first house we bought didn't have one and we hated it) and I want at least a little bit of a backyard for the dogs and Emma to play in.

I'll join you and Shiv! Those houses are amazing for the price! I love the style of the first and last one the most. Whatever happens with Corey's job, I hope its the best for you both. It might not be such a bad thing for him to move onto another career. Of course I've been having a crazy 2 days with super duper cranky Kira and I would do ANYTHING to keep DH near me- even live in a shed :haha:

that's the website I was looking at last night Cleck, and I even looked at house number 3!! i like them all and simply can't believe how much you get for your money! I am quite excited for you :happydance:

Oh and Spidey, i hope Kira cheers up soon, try to remember what an angel she is when she is her normal self, she'll be like it again soon I'm sure :hugs:

In 2 days Kira has had 2 canines pop thru! She's been sooo moody today, but things are looking up since she's had some really good moments too. DH joked that Kira is keeping me from making her a sibling again this month due to all the bf :haha:

Hey ladies read a few pages and WOW :shock: I'm coming to live with you too Cleck :haha: we can all come over and live in the same area so we can have a BnB lion cub community. My house is loads more boring than all of those and it cost us £325,000 :shock: we made £120,000 on our last ONE BED flat!!! Bought in the 80's buy my husband with his then wife for £80,000 and sold it for just over £200,000 in 2008 madness hey for such a tiny space, no drive, VERY small garden but in zone 3 (tube line close)!!!! I could be mortgage free if we came over with you so I'm sold :haha: Houses here in the UK are ridiculous as it's the land you pay for not the house. They cause endless problems as well as most have been standing for over 100 years and have to have things replaced like ours needs at the moment. Thankfully the roof is sound as that's the biggest cost here. I really want to move out of London in about 10 years time. DH can take early retirement and we can find a cottage that we can live in mortgage free or have a small mortgage anyway. I'd love the kids to have the same environment I did as a child.

Fort Wayne looks cool Cleck, they have a BBQ Rib festival...... I'm sold already!!! :haha:

Shiv have you definitely found somewhere to rent then? How exciting. When is the move date?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->