List your IVF Successes here

I loved reading your story, Blythe! I'm just tickled pink about your success. :cloud9:

Blythe- so happy I found this! You deserve every ounce of happiness. Enjoy every newborn snuggle Xx

Name: Rhi
How long TTC: For baby No2, we "tried" naturally for several months (but knew our chances were slim to had planned to do an FET towards end of year). This was our first FET.
Diagnosis or any known issues: Only 2% morphology rate and one partially blocked tube.
Treatments you tried before IVF: Before my son was born (through the same IVF cycle that produce this FET), we took Chinese herbs and did acupuncture.
How many IVF did you do before success: This was our first FET.
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No.
Protocol (meds taken): Done with my natural cycle.
How many follicles at ER: n/a
How many eggs retrieved: We had 15 frosties. Now 14, with one baking in my belly.
How many eggs fertilized: n/a
How many days between ER and ET: FET was 5 days after natural ovulation.
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Unsure of quality, but one embryo was transferred.
How many days bed rest: Took it easy for 1 to 2 days, but no bed rest.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: No symptoms at all. But I also didn't get any symptoms with my son until about 7 weeks.
What day you got your BFP: 6 days past transfer using fmu and first response test. (It was a very faint line, but clearly there).
HPT before blood test: Yes, many lol.
Number of first beta: Blood test is still a day away, but they don't give us numbers (so that we don't stress over the figure).
Number of babies: I would assume one given only 1 embryo was transferred.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Don't give up! And don't compare (even though it is so hard not to).

EDIT: Sadly pregnancy has not been successful. Miscarrying confirmed at 5 weeks.

Name: ging
How long TTC: 1.5 yrs for first child, 1 month for this one
Diagnosis or any known issues: unknown
Treatments you tried before IVF: 11 IUIs, clomid, and injectables
How many IVF did you do before success: first time lucky with a fresh cycle to have my son, first time lucky with a FET for this pregnancy
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: donor sperm
Protocol (meds taken): for fresh cycle BCP, lupron, gonal-F, trigger, progesterone, estrace patches. For FET estradiol, baby aspirin, progesterone suppositories
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized: 8.
How many days between ER and ET: 3 day transfer for my son during fresh cycle, 5 day blastocyst for this FET
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade A during fresh cycle, 1 AB expanding blastocyst for this FET
How many days bed rest: none, came home from the transfer and took my son to the park. Been working and running around after him from the start.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramps, backache, emotional, blue veins on my boobs, mild nausea this time but not with my son.
What day you got your BFP: 7DP3DT with my son, 7DP5DT this pregnancy
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 183 with my son, 310 this time
Number of babies: 1 (both times despite transferring two for our fresh cycle)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: the frozen cycle was so much easier than the fresh cycle. We only had one embryo make it to freeze so I was really nervous about having to start over from the beginning, but in the end- it only takes one. Good luck to anyone reading, it's such a tough emotional process but so worth it. I would have done this five times over if I had needed to. The love you have for your children at the end helps to heal the pain it took to get them. Xx

Congrats, gingmg! I'm so happy for your family. I love your advice, it is so worth keeping in mind by those of us who haven't yet met our baby/babies. :hugs:

"I would have done this five times over if I had needed to. The love you have for your children at the end, heals all the pain it took to get them."

Second time posting in here!

Name: 4magpies
How long TTC: N/A #2 first was IVF also
Diagnosis or any known issues: 2 ectopics only one blocked tube
Treatments you tried before IVF: nothing
How many IVF did you do before success: 2 fresh, 1FET
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): short protocol antagonist with gonal F
How many follicles at ER: don't know
How many eggs retrieved: 13 (donated 6)
How many eggs fertilized: 7! 100%
How many days between ER and ET: 5DT
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 4AA top grade at my clinic
How many days bed rest: none carried on as normal lifting toddler ect
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: OHSS started at around 4dpt
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt
Number of first beta: 123
Number of babies: 1!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: nothing as I'm an old hand. How ever would recommend taking 3mg of melatonin 3 months prior to cycle as I put it down to this cycles success & 100% fert rate!

I'm just stopping by here from the other side of infertility. We now have two beautiful sons, and our family is complete!

I was once where so many of you are. I read this thread from start to finish over and over again, trying to get answers about what it would take for us to become parents.

My one piece of advice is to do chromosomal screening (PGS, etc) of your embryos before transfer, especially if you have more than you would transfer at once. Most failures are due to monosomies and trisomies, so even though screening costs about $5k for up to 8 embryos, it will save you money on transfers, and it will save you from worse heartbreak (miscarriages, chemical pregnancies, etc).

Someday, you will reach the other side too, whether with biological or adopted kids. And you will no longer feel so lost, so different. You're having a tough time now, but you will move past it.

Big hugs!!!

Name:Quin
How long TTC:1.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: variant form of PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF:3 Femara &TI cycles, 3 Follistim IUI cycles
How many IVF did you do before success:1
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): IVF-BCP for 3 weeks, 2x daily 100IU Follistim for 10.5 days, Ganirelix for 5 days and a Lupron trigger. FET- BCPs for 3 weeks, lupron for 2 weeks, Estrace starting after 1 week of the Lupron and ongoing , PIO starting 2 days before transfer and continuing until 1 weeks after my BFP.
How many follicles at ER:14
How many eggs retrieved:20, they never got a clear image of my right ovary and it was hiding 6 surprise follies.
How many eggs fertilized:8
How many days between ER and ET: 74 days because my IVF cycle was a planned freeze all cycle
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:1 3BC grade blast w/assisted hatching
How many days bed rest: The afternoon and then limited walking for the next 5 days
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I felt surprisingly good. The day after transfer I had one sharp implantation cramp. 5 days after the transfer the smell from the garbage disposal almost made me puke.
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test:YES! approximately 15
Number of first beta:#1-54.6, #2-154
Number of babies:1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: It is okay to have hope and not just anticipate failure. It is also easier to share your journey than it is to carry the emotions alone.

Name: Ana
How long TTC: 15 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Primary infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF: Timed intercourse (clomid), IUI, IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: 2
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes - egg
Protocol (meds taken): Estrace throughout, then progesterone 5 days prior to FET
How many follicles at ER: 6
How many eggs retrieved:6
How many eggs fertilized:5
How many days between ER and ET:6
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:1 Day 6 (522)
How many days bed rest: 2 (not complete bedrest but no work)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: light cramping
What day you got your BFP: April 6, 2017
HPT before blood test:Yes, 5dp6dt and 8dp6dt
Number of first beta: April 6th (96), April 8th (418)
Number of babies: ? only one transferred so just expecting one.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I would love to have better understood what blood levels they were looking for at each stage of the cycle.

Name: HopefulCat
How long TTC: 4yrs for #1, 1 cycle for #2
Diagnosis or any known issues: dh has azoospermia and i lost a tube with an ectopic. I also have polycycstic ovaries but not the syndrome
Treatments you tried before IVF: nothing
How many IVF did you do before success: 7 for #1, 1fet for #2
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: yes donor sperm
Protocol (meds taken): this time was a natural fet with only endometrin and progynova
How many follicles at ER: na
How many eggs retrieved: na
How many eggs fertilized: na
How many days between ER and ET: 5DT
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 embryo good quality
How many days bed rest: none carried on as normal running after toddler
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: bloating and gassy from 2dp5dt
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
Number of first beta: 390
Number of babies: dony know yet
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: after spending 4yrs trying to conceive first child i am in shock of it working this time after 1 cycle with 1 embryo transferred. It really does only take 1 sometimes.

Name: Lemon Tree
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: fibroids, endometriosis, low AMH and AFC, probably DOR
Treatments you tried before IVF: NTNP, Temping, Acupuncture, Endometriosis excision/myomectomy, IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 2 (first cycle cancelled post-retrieval due to zero fertilization)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken) Estrace: Menopur (225), follistim (450), cetrotide, ovidrel, crinone, and steroid and antibiotic pills
How many follicles at ER: 9ish
How many eggs retrieved: 5
How many eggs fertilized: 4 (3 made it to blast, 1 transferred, 2 frozen)
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 transferred, 4AA
How many days bed rest: 0, went straight from transfer to Trader Joe's
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramping
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt (11 dpo)
HPT before blood test: Yes, positive
Number of first beta: 391
Number of babies: 2! Identical twins from one transferred blast

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: You are not alone. Every cycle is different. You will find strength you never knew you had. Your bond with your SO will deepen. Don't give up!

Name: Comet
How long TTC: 15 mos.
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained, but both of us were probably "subfertile"
Treatments you tried before IVF: 7 IUIs (3 Clomid; 3 Gonal-F, I think; and one unmedicated)
How many IVF did you do before success: 2nd IVF was the successful one
Did you use donor eggs or sperm: No
How many follicles at ER: 21
How many eggs retrieved: 16
How many eggs fertilized: 14 via ICSI (only 8 left by Day 3, and of those, 3 were arresting)
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: We had 5 Day 3 Embryos left: 8A, 8B, 7B, 6A, and 5B. We threw them all in, against clinic's recommendation. They had only done assisted hatching on the best 3.
How many days bed rest: 0, but I did do acupuncture right after the transfer
What day you got your BFP: 11dp3dt (14 dpo)
HPT before blood test: Yes
Number of first beta: 391
Number of babies: 1

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: The reason why we threw in 5 embryos was that on IVF #1, we had 3 perfect-looking embryos, all 8-celled, and I only had a chemical PG from that cycle. So we decided to be aggressive the second time around. When I look back on it, I'm surprised the clinic let us transfer 5 (even though they didn't want to). But it all turned out exactly how we wanted: one healthy son, born on our DD's third birthday. :dust:

This is such an awesome site, hope to be posting soon. Currently on day 10 of stim and go for retrieval soon. Praying for a BFP this time around.

Love this thread! Congrats to all the successes! Hoping to join you soon. First FET is Monday 12/4. We did PGS so no fresh transfer - this will be our first transfer! Transferring a day 5 4BB PGS normal female embryo!

Name: Amber
How long TTC: 1 year (second pregnancy).
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 fresh cycle
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 IVF I never get pregnant on fresh cycle only frozen
How many follicles at ER: 6
How many eggs retrieved: 6
How many eggs fertilized: 3 (Fresh IVF didnt take put 1 back, and 1 still frozen)
How many days between ER and ET: FET
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: day 6 expanded hatching blast .
How many days bed rest: 2 (I am a firm believer on this)
What day you got your BFP: 5dp6dt
Number of first beta: it was around 450

I think its important for bed rest. Some REs make it part of the order (mine does) and its part of the protocol because evidence shows more successful pregnancies.

I have only been pregnant of frozen cycles. Fresh cycles seem to be too much on my body. It will happen for you ladies! I am currently 15.3 with a baby girl .

This is my 2nd time getting to post in here!!!

Name: Tally
How long TTC: started TTC April 2010 post tubal reversal surgery.
Treatments you tried before IVF: meds, tests and two medicated IUI's, 1 fresh cycle that resulted in a little boy
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 IVF and had a little boy. This is my first FET
How many follicles at ER: 4 (mini cycle goal quality over quantity)
How many eggs retrieved: 4
How many eggs fertilized: 4 using ICSI (standard practice where I went)
How many days between ER and ET: FET of two five Day perfect blasts
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: day 5 only told best grade
How many days bed rest: NONE need to keep the blood flowing
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt
Number of first beta: 110 @ 8dp5dt

I think its important to live your life and try not to stress. Keep a positive attitude. Visualize the pregnancy from the very beginning to the very end.
I did not stop eating or drinking certain things or basically stop my regular life in anyway either time I had transfer. I tested after transfer and then went back to life with the exception of baths for 4 days. I took my vitamins, baby aspirin, folate and ate pineapple core for the FET

Currently 28 weeks with a baby girl! She is our last gift to the world!

Name: Voormana
How long TTC: 7 LONG years!
Treatments you tried before IVF: 6 rounds of clomid, 5 rounds of stim and Ovidrel, several other "lighter" treatments before we decided on IVF.
How many IVF did you do before success: 2nd Round of IVF was the successful one. The first resulted in 11 embryos that all arrested the day before transfer. We were beyond devastated. Tried the "slow" protocol the next round. Transferred 2 embryos, froze 2. We had an ectopic pregnancy and went to the ER and ended up being treated with Methotrexate. We were once again devastated but had 2 frozen embryos left. We had to wait at least 90 days to transfer because of the Methotrexate in my system.
How many follicles at ER: 15
How many eggs retrieved: 12
How many eggs fertilized: 9; 5 arrested by transfer day.
How many days between ER and ET: 5 the first time, FET for successful round
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: We had transferred the 2 4A embryos and had an ectopic pregnancy and froze the two 1A embryos. We transferred those two 1A embryos that had been frozen when we were finally able to about 4 months later
How many days bed rest: No bedrest, but I took it easy the first week. We had sex the day after transfer though.
What day you got your BFP: 8dp5dt
Number of first beta: 180
Anything I would have wanted to know:
Keep the faith, ladies. I know it's so much easier to say on this side of the heartache but don't give up the fight. I cried more tears than I thought were ever possible. I watched as every one of my family members and friends welcomed little ones. I tried so hard to remain positive and be patient but I failed daily and had to guard my heart because life was so hard sometimes. I was in absolute shock when I became pregnant again and had so much anxiety throughout my pregnancy and I wish I could have just enjoyed every moment.
Please know, whoever you are, I think of you all the time and pray that your heart would be comforted and healed. I know what you are feeling (to the degree that I am able) and it is so hard to face the day sometimes. No matter the outcome, you are strong and you have overcome so much. God is good in all circumstances and you are not alone!!
I know this isn't the proper forum, but if I can be of any help to anyone please let me know!

Name: Ask4Joy
How long TTC: 1.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained / Repeat chemical pregnancies
Treatments you tried before IVF: 5 rounds of clomid, 1 round of clomid + IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: Success with first transfer of PGS normal embryo
How many follicles at ER: Too many to be counted
How many eggs retrieved: 33 retrieved / 24 mature
How many eggs fertilized: 22 —> 16 made it to blast/biopsy —> 5 PGS normal
How many days between ER and ET: As we did PGS we had to do a freeze-all while we waited for PGS results. FET was about 8 weeks after retrieval.
How many and quality/rating of blasts/embryos transferred: 1 PGS normal day 5 4BB female embryo transferred
How many days bed rest: 1 day instructed, but I rested the whole week.
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt
Number of first beta: 76 @ 9dp5dt / 250 @ 11dp5dt
Anything I would have wanted to know: It’s okay to have worries and fears. It won’t change your outcome. Don’t stress about stressing but try to focus on the positive and believe it will work! Doubt is a coping strategy but it can rob you of joy!

Morning everyone.
I am new to the site and whilst some of the abbreviations are easy to fathom, many are not.
Help!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->