List your IVF Successes here

Discussion in 'Assisted Conception' started by Isi Buttercup, Dec 21, 2010.

1. star25

star25 Well-Known Member

Forgot to say I’m now 36 so ivf cycle was 5 years ago

2. Sandycane89

Sandycane89 Active Member

Name:Sandra
    How long TTC: with current hubby 2 years
    Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS
    Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid
    How many IVF did you do before success: n/a
    Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
    Protocol (meds taken): GonalF, Menopur, prednisone, Synthroid,
    How many follicles at ER: n/a
    How many eggs retrieved: 13
    How many eggs fertilized: 2
    How many days between ER and ET:3
    How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1
    How many days bed rest: 0
    Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none
    What day you got your BFP: n/as
    HPT before blood test: n/a
    Number of first beta: n/a
    Number of babies: n/a
    Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: none

3. pinkwaters

pinkwaters Mommy to a fabulous son and LTTTC no.2

Been wanting to post here for a while! Just wanted to wish everyone trying good luck, sending you lots of happy thoughts and sticky vibes, I know how much of a struggle infertility can be no one will know the pain unless they’ve tried it.

Name: Pink
    How long TTC: 6 years
    Diagnosis or any known issues: Low AMH & DH low motility & morphology
    Treatments you tried before IVF: none before our first successful IVF, tried two IUIs after DS
    How many IVF did you do before success: with DS first time success, then two failed IVF cycles, two failed IUIs, and third IVF worked!
    Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
    Protocol (meds taken): GonalF
    How many follicles at ER: 5
    How many eggs retrieved: 5
    How many eggs fertilized: 2
    How many days between ER and ET:3
    How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2
    How many days bed rest: 1-2 ish
    Symptoms or issues during 2WW: progesterone symptoms so lots of bloating mood swings PMS symptoms
    Had a light bleed two days before testing that turned out to be cervix irritated from progesterone suppositories
    What day you got your BFP: 11dp3dt
    HPT before blood test: none
    Number of first beta: 307
    Number of babies: 2 (18 weeks pregnant)

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
    Honestly there’s nothing that can prepare you for this and I’m not the type of person that likes to talk much, so I always go by it as quietly as possible, but staying busy as much as possible did help, I mean the 2ww is always on your mind no matter what you do, days are so slow and everything triggers your hormone pumped systems lol but having been through two failed cycles I can honestly say we are capable of more than we give ourselves credit for, it’s one of the hardest things ever to pick yourself up after a failed cycle, hats off to all you beautiful ladies and best of luck to all of you trying!

4. star25

star25 Well-Known Member

Now pregnant with #3
    Bfp today 5dp5dt after a frozen cycle

5. jsquared

jsquared Well-Known Member

Feeling lucky to post here twice!

Name: jsquared
    Age: 39 at conception--FET with embryo from egg collection at 36
    How long TTC: This time, 2 cycles
    Diagnosis or any known issues: Same sex couple, thin lining (Femara is magic)
    Treatments you tried before IVF: 5 failed IUIs
    How many IVF did you do before success: This baby, 2 FETs
    Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Donor sperm
    Protocol (meds taken): Femara plus estrogen patch then progesterone
    How many follicles at ER: n/a
    How many eggs retrieved: n/a
    How many eggs fertilized: This pregnancy was the result of an embryo frozen with 4 others in 2015; first embryo resulted in son (2016); next failed, next was successful (daughter 2019)
    How many days between ER and ET: 6 day blast
    How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: My clinic grades with Excellent/Good/Fair. The failed FET was Excellent; Success with one Good; all were PGS normal
    How many days bed rest: 1-2
    Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Nothing until around 10dpt--I had what felt like round ligament pain, which I recognized from first pregnancy. Before that I was sure it hadn't worked. No cramps, no cm, no implantation bleed, nada.
    What day you got your BFP: 12dpt
    HPT before blood test: Nope
    Number of first beta: 288 at 12dp6dt
    Number of babies: 1
    Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Timing is everything. We transferred on day 7 past ovulation and it worked. I skipped the ERA because my RE said it almost always reveals that transfer was happening too early. He was right! We suspect this was the reason for the first transfer not taking (for second baby; it took 5 transfers to get number one--long story, somewhere in this thread).

Although: I also had a scratch done before the successful cycle. I believe this helped as my lining was a good 2-3mm thicker than it was for the previous transfer (10+ compared to 8).

A note about betas: if your dr is happy, chill. My betas for both my kiddos were lowish. But they climbed as they should, and I've given birth to two whopping healthy babes. People love to post their high betas like that means they're cooking up the stickiest of babies. BS. It varies. Don't stress. <3

Love to all you girls going through it. You're gonna be okay.

Nima likes this.