Little girls and ear piercing

I have pork and roast potatoes in the oven hoping they cook before I go to bingo :D

i love bingo!!!! ive neva won tho :(

I never win much but it is a chance for me to get out away from all the non-stop house work :coffee:

yea its just fun isnt it! do u go to gala?

No I go to a local one near me, the winnings are great, noramally £5 a line £10 a house £100 on the tote ticket, which you write down 4 or more numbers and if two are called out you get £100, on the loose tickets you win £5 a line £23 a house so not as big as the other bingo's winnings but you only pay about £5 for everything you need anyway so it's well worth it :D

thts really good. good luck with winning and let us know if u do win x

I won £10 the first house and my Nan won £5 on a line all good paid for our night out YEY :D

:happydance: well done!!

I had mine done when i was 11.....i dont really think its appropriate for samll children or babies for a number of reasons...

1. Its purely inflicting pain for looks
2. Risk of infection or allergic reaction - which causes extra pain and is quite common
3. Risk of the earing getting caught through play, sleeping etc
5. Choking hazard
4 . I think my little girl should be able to make up her mind about it when she is old enough to do so.

as wer TTC oh and I were talking about this. I have seen hundreds of young teen mums in claires accessories having their few month old babies ears pierced. I disagree with them being done so young as babies are lively and could catch there earing or maybe get an infection in the piercing. I say when they ask about it and show an interest in earrings, I would talk them through it and if they still want to do it and are willing to help look after the piercings (cleaning) then we'd do it. Whta are your opinions on this? Would you have it done when theyre young or wait? I didnt have mine done til 16 as my mum was terriefied Id have an infection and be damaged :haha:

I've seen plenty of older mums getting young babies ears pierced also. . . . .

My mum got mine done when I was young, 6 months maybe?
No problem with them at all. I then had second and third piercings in my early teens and had problems with both :dohh:

I wouldn't get my own babies ears pierced until they were maybe five or six mainly because I don't really think it looks nice but I wouldn't get them done on a baby / toddler up to the age of four 'just incase' lol

I don't mind what other people do in regards to piercing their own children's ears as long as they do it in a proper establishment or by someone who is qualified and then look after them appropriately until healed.

:flower:

I really don't want to get involved but it is definatly not just teen mums who get their babies ears pierced, this is what gives us a bad reputation. I wouldn't get lilys done as she was so bad with her injections I couldn't do it to her, but I definatly wouldn't judge other parents who do so.
I have seen middle aged women getting babies ears pierced and It upsets me that alot of teen mums are looked at in this way. Yes there may be teen mums who get it done but there are also older women aswell.

Lol i cant believe how long this thread is i give up on reading it all but i also wouldnt get my son or daughter if i had one ears pierced unless they was old enough to ask and old enough not to pull them out and look after them, i dont understand how a toddler would keep them in or not get them ripped out my little boy is allways messing about, ia lso think it should be there choice and its not fair putting them through the pain when they might not want it or dont understand xx

:wacko: suuuuuch a long thread... i picked a random page, and it was about weeing in pots :rofl:

I have a boy, so no i wont be getting them done at all, and i reckon by the time he is old enough to get them/choose for himself, they wont be fashionable anymore :lol:

If i have a little girl in the future (here's hoping!) i will wait. I dont think babies need to be made to look more beautiful than they already are, and would like her to have them pierced with a needle rather than a gun - which requires her to sit still and be calm - only a child/teen CHOOSING to be in that situation would be :)

The reason for needle is because of the damage using guns and a blunt earring can cause to the ears. Especially in kids, the tissue is so soft, there is more risk of infection this way.... so i have heard. Im no expert.

eta... mine were pierced when i was 1. No infections, no problems. Same with my middle sister. My youngest sister, was done at 2... in Claires accessories - infected. They were cleaned regularly, had pure gold studs and everything. Now her ears are closed and wont be pierced unless she decides to get them done herself :)

https://delliesedinge.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-elephant-is-excited-for-peanut.jpg

PS I totally agree with the teenage mum thing, I know its not all teenage mums and think its wrong they car given being jugded just for being a young mum! I know of some young mums who do a fantastic job with there babies if not better then me lol

when I used to do ear piercing there were more mothers in late 20's getting their babies piereced than teen mums, and I did hundreds over 3 years, so I think the teen mums need a bit of a break!

i agree with the teen mum thing too... we aren't all bad :shrug:

https://delliesedinge.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/funny-pictures-elephant-is-excited-for-peanut.jpg

PS I totally agree with the teenage mum thing, I know its not all teenage mums and think its wrong they car given being jugded just for being a young mum! I know of some young mums who do a fantastic job with there babies if not better then me lol

That is so cute!! :haha:

Why didn't someone inform me about this thread still going......

HAHAHA I love the elephant made me chuckle :D

i thought it had been left alone now as well..obviously not :rofl:

i thought it had been left alone now as well..obviously not :rofl:

Certainly makes for an interesting thread, see the title think uh oh open random page expecting to find rants etc to discover peeing in lids and naked cats!!!
one to make you look twice!!

this has been the funniest thread ive posted on lol wen we was talkin about pee'ing in cups etc
i still dnt think my hubby knows i used his deodrant lid...cant remember if i told him or not. oh well lol

this has been the funniest thread ive posted on lol wen we was talkin about pee'ing in cups etc
i still dnt think my hubby knows i used his deodrant lid...cant remember if i told him or not. oh well lol

omfg :haha::haha:
I made my OH hold my stick....I shall say no more :haha:

omfg :haha::haha:
I made my OH hold my stick....I shall say no more :haha:

it was a while ago...tht can wud b in the bin a long time ago :rofl:

i did wash he lid out tho...:haha:

the things we make our oh's do lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member