little miss eliza may arrived 25.02.11

mummyof32011

Reaction score
I had previously mentioned a bit of her birth in a prev post but am ready to tell u all in full :coffee:

Eliza arrived on the 25th February 2011, 2 days before my birthday :kiss:
The 9 mths building up to it weren't exactly easy with. looking after a 3 yr old and a 6 mtg old at the time of finding out I was pregnant again. I spent tine in hospital with severe morning sickness, high blood pressure as well as often lack of movement spells. All on top of consultant appointments at the hospital too and a GTT test :(

So anyway despite being told I wouldnt go over my due date (because of ny last birth which was traumatic = induction :devil: ) to then being told i could be allowed to go over, i had a word with my lovely MW who booked me in for a sweep on my due date which was the 22nd Feb (yes she was 3 days late) if i hadn't gone in natural labour before. 22nd came with nothing....so a sweep i had that afternoon. Must have did something as that nite i had a clearout as well as being sick :(

The day after nothin happened till the evening where i had a show and lack of movements. rang maternity up they told me have a bath and drink a cold drink after to encourage baby to move. Whilst in bath i get pains every two mins. After half hr im out and drinkingice cold water.nothin.......so of to hospital i go to b monitored.....my pains are being picked strongly on the monitor and I'm 2cm.......but im kept in because my BP is high!!

On the 24th the doctor misses me out in the ward round and after a day of my BP being high still I end up staying another night....plus these pains are on and off at this point :(

The 25th.......doctor sees me and explains coz of my BP i had the choice. of either bein induced that day or to go home and wait.....she don't want to push me into bein induced coz of my PND with #2....after a talk with hubby i go for the induction with a sad mind as wantes to not have it....anyway they take me to labour ward gone 2 to b started.mymw puts me on monitor first before starting induction...she gets calles away on a emerceny secrion.......in the meanwhile they have a shift change....new mw was brill!!she reassures me she aint goin anywhere.....anyway Oh and my mum r with me and they end up making me laugh with jokes etc....by time MW comes bk with tablet to start me off, my waters break as she walks throu the door :ROFL:
MW finishes breaking my waters at 4.20pm @ 3cm dilated and transfers me to a bigger delivery room....hello gas and air :) becuase of the meconium in the watrrs im being regulary monitored....but it wasnt necessary bcoz @ 5.20pm I gone from 3 to 7cms! I syarted gettin urge to push so i getvtold to lie on my left side....i was only there for 5 mins vefore I needed help.......I'm now 8cms and only a brim of cervix to go which mw pushed away to behind babys head.........at 5.52pm Eliza madevher grand entrance into the world and was put straight onto my chest whilst my mum cut her for a soaking herself and the MW with the blood lol. Eliza weighed 9lb 2oz and i had a graze....no need for stitches :)

All in all labour and delivery all done in 1hr and 37mins.....she obv dint want mummy to be insuced!!!

She is the best bday present i ciuld ever had.....we were bk home with her brother and sister a day before my bday.....brilliant!!

I love all three so much!!!!!!

Thankyou for reading :flower:

:friends: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back