'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

I only go shopping now with another adult or I only take one of the three with me.

Hi.... :) I was hoping I could join? :) I have two boys ten months apart (aged 7 months and 17 months) and am pregnant with my 3rd ... think there will be a 14 month gap and a 24 month gap but dates will be confirmed by US... :)

Congrats ~ Your little boys are adorable :cloud9:

Congrats on your pregnancy, I have much respect for you...It was hard being pregnant with just one LO :flower: When is your US?

So, having the small age gap cant be that bad, as your doing it again :winkwink:

Awww thank you :) I think so too but obviously very biased :)

Not sure yet - still waiting for the letter to come through! Hoping it's not going to be too much longer! :haha: nah the boys are pretty much a doddle now! It was so hard the first two/three months .... hopefully this baby will be a lot easier than Henry was!

How's everyone doing? :) Do you all love having small age gaps?

If your not on the front page, please fill in the following & i'd be happy to add you :coffee:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Username:
Age gap: ~ LO Boy or Girl?
Epected LO pink,blue or yellow?

Username: CharlieKeys
Age Gap: 10 months - :blue: and :blue:
Expected LO: :yellow: (at the moment!)

hi ladies, havnt had the chance to jump on it awhile- well i do, but whenever i have free time it consists of stuff like washing, napping, cleaning etc. It's been almost 3 weeks since my section and I'm feeling pretty good. My scar is real sore though, and my tummy around it is really sensitive, my clothes wipe against it and it feels like i'm rubbing it with sand paper :wacko:

Kelly- We have only gone shopping with the 2 girls once so far- My OH is home for another week yet so I havnt had to do things on my own. I have a single pram and a mei tai but i cant wear the mei Tai yet and even when i can i cant use it because the straps arnt long enough grrr so i have to get someone to extend them for me :(

My Ella is loving being a big sister. She turned 2 on friday. She gets upset when we take "the bubba" away from her lol. And she always trying to kiss her. We just got to watch her because she always trying to poke her in the face and stuff- not to hurt her, just being curious.

The baby blues hit on day 6, and have tapered off somewhat, i'm not crying every day now but still get down abit, it scared me as i had horrible pnd after having Ella and I was terrified of going down that road again. I think i'm going to be ok though.

I hope everyone else is doing good xx

Happy belated 2nd Birthday to Ella :cake:

How are you feeling now :flower: Lovely to hear from you

Your LO is totally adorable :baby::cloud9:

I'm doing ok thank you, OH goes back to work on Monday so I'm Abit nervous eeeek

I'm doing ok thank you, OH goes back to work on Monday so I'm Abit nervous eeeek

Aww, you'll be fine & after the initial first day or two, you'll start to get your own routine & it'll feel good :thumbup:

My DH went back at 1 week :winkwink:

Yea we arnt in a routine yet as OH has been home, but I'm sure we will pretty quickly. i just hope i can get Roo to go down earlier so i can go to sleep ear;ier as Ella has been getting up early lately :wacko: It's been good having him home, but i'm ready for him to go back lol I think we are starting to drive each other a little insane :/

How did you manage with the wee ones by yourself so soon after your section? Well done!!

Yea we arnt in a routine yet as OH has been home, but I'm sure we will pretty quickly. i just hope i can get Roo to go down earlier so i can go to sleep ear;ier as Ella has been getting up early lately :wacko: It's been good having him home, but i'm ready for him to go back lol I think we are starting to drive each other a little insane :/

How did you manage with the wee ones by yourself so soon after your section? Well done!!

I find putting my youngest one down to sleep first (as she can take a while to settle) then the older one (as she settles herself quickly) :sleep:

Then I jump into bed myself & try to catch up....Can sometimes get an hour :happydance:

The only problem I found was lifting my older LO into her cot, DH said I shouldnt & to just put her on a mattress on the floor............Yeah, right, like she'd stay there! :haha::dohh:

oh wow, I forgot I was in this group! Was gonna add myself but saw I was already on the first page. :haha:

How is everyone??

Myself, I don't know... I don't feel I'm enjoying and connecting to this baby as well as I did with Alexa. :cry: I nearly act as if I'm not pregnant... It still hasn't sunk in... And I don't really think about baby. How horrible is that? I guess it has to do with me wanting to give Alexa 100. % of my love and attention while I still can. But I feel horrible... Because U fear baby inside of me can feel that? :nope:

I'm exited and happy and know I will love baby when he or she gets here.

I find out the sex on Tuesday. So maybe that will help me feel more connected. :D

oh wow, I forgot I was in this group! Was gonna add myself but saw I was already on the first page. :haha:

How is everyone??

Myself, I don't know... I don't feel I'm enjoying and connecting to this baby as well as I did with Alexa. :cry: I nearly act as if I'm not pregnant... It still hasn't sunk in... And I don't really think about baby. How horrible is that? I guess it has to do with me wanting to give Alexa 100. % of my love and attention while I still can. But I feel horrible... Because U fear baby inside of me can feel that? :nope:

I'm exited and happy and know I will love baby when he or she gets here.

I find out the sex on Tuesday. So maybe that will help me feel more connected. :D

:wave: Great to see you back here

I think alot of people have forgotton they joined this group, which is a shame, because I really think its so nice to have support from those in the exact same situation :hugs:

Dont feel bad about the way you are feeling, I was exactly the same, we are just so busy with our LO's we dont have time to sit & 'coo' all day over the unborn baby, it does not mean we love them any less :hugs:

Good luck for your scan on Tuesday, I really think that will help too, I had 2 private scans during my DD2's pregnancy, but my advice.....If you can, get a babysitter for your LO, otherwise you sont fully concentrate on the new LO :dohh:

Be sure to come back & update us on :pink: or :blue: ~ How exciting :happydance:

I hope the scan helps you bond. I know it really helped finding out that was having two girls. I already had a son and the thought of two daughters was really exciting for me.

Thank you for the kind words and advice. :D

And it is a shame people have forgotten about this thread. It really is a good one!

& Apple you're my hero taking care of a toddler and wittle precious twins! You must be very busy, but never have a boring day. Lol. :)

Soooo... The cleaning Bug has gotten me. Poor Alexa. :lol: I've been cleaning all day. Like crazy. I just sit here and think what else can I clEan lol.

Alexa has started cleaning as well. Pulling baby wipes out and wiping everything... To include the walls. Haha. :)

Thanks. It's a lot of work and I really appreciate every compliment I get.

Last night I got the babies to sleep by 7:15! I arranged them in their cribs, so I could reach both of them and I stroked their heads and rubbed their tummies. They did cry, but I was right there comforting them. The other alternative was to hold one while the other cries :shrug: I thought comforting both at the same time was better and it's probably teaching them some great sleep skills, because they're falling asleep in their cribs instead of my arms.

I didn't care about teaching sleep skills with Andrew until he was over 6 months, but it's a whole different ball game with twins.

I may have to take DD2 to the Doctors tommorow, she is so restless & keeps yelping out in pain ~ Poor bubba :baby:

Tonite was hard, she was crying & DD1 was crying, as she is teething :wacko: I was back & fourth from one to the other!

The twins slept awesome last night! 7:30-3:00, nursed them, then they slept again til 6:30! :happydance: Just had to share.

Hi ladies :) I know I'm not on here a lot but I'll try harder, I promise!
My lil man Hayden arrived 2 weeks early by EMCS (although it was elective) so there is a year and 5 days between my 2.
I've had so much help these last 4 weeks from parents, partner etc but as of next week I'm on my own, although OH works 5 mins away and is home at lunchtimes. Although I'm grateful for all the help, I kinda want to get our own routine sorted out!
My DD has been amazing, doesn't seem at all perturbed by the new lil person in the house and when she can is straight over to him giving him kisses and bosies (hugs)
He is a hungry boy, 7oz every 3 hours and was 6,4 at birth, came home 5,12 and is now 9,14! He really is the opposite if his sister who used to struggle to take more than 3oz for months! I failed at BF, managed a week but wasn't cut out for it. He is clearly thriving on his formula tho!!
:hugs: kellyc, hopefully it's nothing to worry about.Hayden seems much happier with the infacol and comfort milk, infant we are weaning him off the comfort milk and. Asking battles of half comfort, half regular Aptamil.
Apple84, that is some good sleeping! And you are still BF? Bloody good going!
Rockabilly mom, think. Remember you from the tris :)

Michelle - Congrats! I love the name Hayden btw.

Apple84, that is some good sleeping! And you are still BF? Bloody good going!)
:blush: Thanks. I'm still exclusively bfing and feel so fortunate that it is working out for us. Honestly I think the cost of formula would kill us. 3 in diapers is bad enough :wacko:

Here are a couple current pics of my trio :cloud9:
https://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/kuipersfamily/DSC05922.jpghttps://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/kuipersfamily/DSC05254.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->