'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

Can I join in please =) There is 15 and a half months between my 2 boys xxx

I just multi-quoted & wrote up replys to lots of posts.....:coffee:

The my DD1 came along & pressed some buttons on the keyboard & lost the lot!!! :dohh:

Will try again..........:comp:

Can I join in please =) There is 15 and a half months between my 2 boys xxx

:wave: Welcome ~ Will add you to the front page

Thanks, it's definately reassuring to hear that it's not as scary as I'm imaging!

It's the silly things that worry me, like how do you get them both downstairs in the morning, 1 at a time? How do you ever pee,lol, could I trust my lo not to gauge the baby's eyes out! Who do you see to first of they're both crying! How do you bath 2 babies, arrrgggghhhh I'm scared again now!x

Guppys right, its not as bad as you imagine it to be....I spent my pregnancy worrying about how it would be :wacko: I actually think worrying so much, has made it easier ~ iykwim.....Think of something as really bad & then hopefully it will suprise you

I dont have stairs ~ But if I did, I would take baby down first, then go back for older one (as if they are still in cot, you know they are safe & baby cant get into any mischief downstairs!) :baby:

With regard to peeing....yes, sometimes I neglect this! :dohh:

Always see to LOs in order of what will be quickest, ie: a quick dummy for DD2 is quicker than a diaper change for DD1 :winkwink:

I now have bath time sorted, after getting it wrong the first couple of times!!! :dohh:

I now put DD1 in first, wash her etc...
Then pop DD2 in, wash her whilst DD1 plays....
Take DD2 out, dry her, leave her on mat on floor, get DD1 out, dry her, then take them both to bedroom (DD1 walks with me)
Then I lay them both on the bed to get in PJs (Its actually really cute, as they lay there & look at each other! :cloud9:

Kelly... sorry if this seems super picky but on the front page you have them as girls - but they're both boys :)

Thanks for letting me know ~ Will get it changed :thumbup:

hi ladies im desperate for advise.
we welcomed little Sophie last monday and my one year old Davey is very jealous.
he screaming and histericly crying everytime im feeding her and giving her bath!
i was wondering if any of you had similar issue and how did you cope.
i feel so bad for my little boy im doing everything i can to not make him feel left out.

:hugs: Good luck with taking Guppys advice :flower: Let us know how it goes

Thanks for reminding me about this thread, just realised I'm not on the front page. There's 20 months between my two girls :thumbup:

Yey ~ Glad to see you back :wave:

Hopefully when we all get the 'badge/link' for our signatures, it will be easier to pop along :coffee:

Honestly, babywearing makes things SO easy!

Youve just reminded me to order mine ~ have chosen the connecta (hope thats a good choice:winkwink:)

Hi all I'm looking at a close age gap

Uncertain how close it will be though cause not sure if I'll go full term or not.

Full term and there will be 18months although my little girl will technically be 15months development wise since she was 3months prem. So it will be like having a 15 month old at 18months.

Welcome :wave: Congrats on your pregnancy ~ How are you finding it with already having a LO? :shrug:

I found the morning sickness in first tri :sick: Changing poopy diapers was no fun! & then the last month the hardest going! :flower:

All updated ~ :coffee:

Off to make bottles & put DD1 for a nap :sleep:

Could do with one myself, but timing it so they both sleep is so hard ~ Plus DS2 is on half-term & so would probably wake me anyway!

How do you Girls cope with the lack of sleep? :shrug::coffee:

Like Kelly, I don't have stairs, but if I did I'd probably take one down at a time or have one in the carrier and hold the other one's hand (if they were walking).

Some tricks I've found:

To take a shower I wait until at least one baby is sleeping in the swing or bouncy chair. I put on a tv show for my son and take the other baby in the bathroom with me in a bouncy chair. The sound of the water keeps that baby happy. I baby gate the bathroom and leave the door open, so my son can come talk to me if he wants, but he can't get into the bathroom and fiddle with toilet paper.

I talk a lot about turns, like it's Clara's turn with mommy and when she's done eating/getting her diaper changed then it's Andrew's turn with mommy. Sometime es I even tell the babies "ok it's Andrew's turn with mommy now", even though they obviously don't know what I'm saying. It seems to make him happy to know its his turn even if I'm just wiping his face after a meal or changing his diaper.

I have one of those space saver high hairs that reclines and I use it as a baby seat at meal times. I also often eat while bouncing a bouncy chair next to my seat with my foot.

I often talk with my son while breastfeeding. He seems to accept that as me playing with him. For example while he's playing with little plastic animals I ask questions about his play and respond to what he says. The more dramatic I am the better he likes it. It works great, because breastfeeding twins means I do spend a lot of time sitting with a baby.

kelly- ive heard good things about the connecta!
I reaaly want a woven wrap as well but they are crazy expensive.

as for lack of sleep, Isaiah has been STTN for a couple months now. We cosleep with elliot, so its not too bad but i do find myself tired often....ad tbh, i dont handle it well,,,i can become quite the bitch :blush:...poor dh :haha: Im mainly more uncomfortable laying on my side all night long, than anything, and in return that makes me tired....i have started exercising 5x per week for 25 minutes (on the eliptical), and that has helped greatly with my moods. Ive also been trying to eat better. My moods have improved a lot and even DH notices and comments on the change. Its rather ironic that i have to use energy working out to gain energy, but somehow it works.

apple - thats brilliant! when we have #3, i may have to inquire for tips lol
speaking of three...can you fit 3 carseats in your vehicle? what type of car do you drive? im not sure if i can get 3 across the back of our JEEP Grand Cherokee Larado :shrug:

Just written a thread asking for advice on the ergo or connecta...
https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/950391-ergo-connecta-baby-toddler.html#post16904389

:coffee:

apple - thats brilliant! when we have #3, i may have to inquire for tips lol
speaking of three...can you fit 3 carseats in your vehicle? what type of car do you drive? im not sure if i can get 3 across the back of our JEEP Grand Cherokee Larado :shrug:

We bought a Kia Grande Carnival when we arrived here in Aus, works perfectly for all 6 of us & kids can even bring a friend :winkwink:

Its a little like a Grand Voyager (which is also another vehicle I really like):thumbup:

i dont know what we are going to do...we still owe over $8,000 on the jeep. Is our only car. We cant afford a second car...when we bought it 2 yrs ago it kelly blue booked for $12,500 and thats what we purchased it at. Today it only books for $5,500 and we owe $8,700. we have 3 yrs left to pay on it...i wish we could get another car!

i dont know what we are going to do...we still owe over $8,000 on the jeep. Is our only car. We cant afford a second car...when we bought it 2 yrs ago it kelly blue booked for $12,500 and thats what we purchased it at. Today it only books for $5,500 and we owe $8,700. we have 3 yrs left to pay on it...i wish we could get another car!

That sure sucks :dohh: When we sold our car in the Uk (another people carrier) we lost £6000 on it in 6 years of owning it ~ Thats £1000 a year :growlmad:

That sure sucks :dohh: When we sold our car in the Uk (another people carrier) we lost £6000 on it in 6 years of owning it ~ Thats £1000 a year :growlmad:

wow! i would be angry over that!
i hate how this car stuff works :grr:

Here in the UK apparently after the first year cars halve in price... so if you buy a £12,000 car if you want to sell it a year later you will get £6000 at the most! ... Well that's what I've been told many times lol!

Henry's being a little bugger with his sleep - we finally had two months of sttn and then the last week he keeps waking up at either half 1 or half 2 and will only go back to sleep if he's in my bed - and as we are living with the in laws at the moment :dohh: I can't just sort him out the way I would if we were by ourselves! Is there an 8 month sleep regression?? Stephen was never like this - come 5 months he sttn and still does!

Hi, please can I join? I have a 9 month old boy and I am due with my 2nd boy in August, so there will be 14 months difference. The 2nd wasn't planned (I am meant to be infertile!) and I am absolutely bricking it tbh. My son was quite high maintenance for the first 4 months and I really, really struggled. He is a delight now (or he was, he has turned into a monster this last week but I am putting it down to developmental stuff going on in his head) but I can not imaine how I will cope at all. I am back at FT work now and I will have to return to FT work 4 months after the new one arrives. My son is currently very settled with a childminder but legally she can't take more children so we will have to seperate the two boys for 3 days a week with different childminders (the other 2 days they are with their grandma). Luckily I have a very supportivem hands on husband who seems more of a natural than I am and is much more relaxed and level headed than I am. Anyway, I will be stalking this thread and reading how all you guys manage so that by the time the new one comes hopefully I will have picked up lots of tips.

Oh and to CharlieKeys we have just been through the 8 month sleep regression. Sigh, I think we have come out the other side now (touch wood) but it lasted a few weeks.

Hello everyone! :wave: DS is currently 16 months old and I'm 6 weeks preggers with #2. Depending on how early this babe is (DS was 5 weeks early), there will be 23-24 month gap. We were TTC since DS was 3 months old so it could have been closer but I am very happy with the gap. Blessed to be pregnant at all really!

Hi ladies!! Can I join you? :hi: I have a 10.5 month old and am 10 weeks pregnant so the gap will be about 17 months :help: lol

I look forward to chatting to you all :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->