'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

Hello :flower:

I have a 10month old LG and am 10weeks preg with no2 - so there will be a 17month age gap :)

What double pram does everyone have lol!? I'm on the hunt!

Hi everyone im laura I have an 8 month old little girl poppy and im 20 weeks just found out today that were having another girl! :D

How is everyone? Xx

Hello :flower:

I have a 10month old LG and am 10weeks preg with no2 - so there will be a 17month age gap :)

What double pram does everyone have lol!? I'm on the hunt!

Hi :flower:

We have the bugaboo donkey and love it :)

Hayden is being really difficult to settle just now... He has 7oz of milk (thickened with carobel for his reflux and 30 mins later has another 2oz before finally nodding off while being swung and rocked... It seems whenever he is awake he is shouting or crying.... I can't remember Tabitha being like this, or have I just blocked it out??!

aww :hugs: Michelle. I hope he starts feeling better soon

Welcome ladies! :friends:

RE: Double Strollers. We couldn't afford one so i babywear Elliot and Isaiah goes in the stroller (or the cart if we are getting groceries). ...though we want TTC #3 as soon as Elliot weans, so we may very well have to cave and get a double lol

charlie- have you checked for teething? my LO's start teething around then off and on and it effects their sleep. they dont pop a tooth in til about 11-12 mos old, but its rough til then.

we have a moby and a maya ring sling, absolutely love them both!

as for showers, 2 years ago when i had number 4 i got used to showering in the evenings. i didnt like it at first and complained a lot to DH. now i am used to it though and really look forward to my shower. with 8 people in the family it works really well. my DH and our 2 girls shower in the morning (they are home schooled so no big rush) and in the evening we bathe our 4 boys 2 at a time. when they get out my DH holds the youngest while i shower.

we have a minivan and a truck, they are both paid off thankfully! our minivan only holds 8 though, so when we have another we will need to get something bigger

we have a jogging double stroller and just love it

Good thread! Can you add me please? 14 month age gap between DS (eldest) and DD! Thanks!

charlie- have you checked for teething? my LO's start teething around then off and on and it effects their sleep. they dont pop a tooth in til about 11-12 mos old, but its rough til then.

as for showers, 2 years ago when i had number 4 i got used to showering in the evenings. i didnt like it at first and complained a lot to DH. now i am used to it though and really look forward to my shower. with 8 people in the family it works really well. my DH and our 2 girls shower in the morning (they are home schooled so no big rush) and in the evening we bathe our 4 boys 2 at a time. when they get out my DH holds the youngest while i shower.

we have a minivan and a truck, they are both paid off thankfully! our minivan only hold 8 though, so when we have another we will need to get something bigger

You rock! You sound like super mom! :bodyb:

Is it hard figuring out the practicalities of more than 2 children? We want to TTC a girl in the future (i want them all close in age), do you have any advice? As it stands now we have a regular stroller and i babywear the other...but how does it work when you're out and about alone with the kids? where do you put them when you grocery shop? How do you get them out of the carseat without one running off? Just all questions like that.
Thanks!

we have a minivan and a truck, they are both paid off thankfully! our minivan only hold 8 though, so when we have another we will need to get something bigger

You rock! You sound like super mom! :bodyb:

Is it hard figuring out the practicalities of more than 2 children? We want to TTC a girl in the future (i want them all close in age), do you have any advice? As it stands now we have a regular stroller and i babywear the other...but how does it work when you're out and about alone with the kids? where do you put them when you grocery shop? How do you get them out of the carseat without one running off? Just all questions like that.
Thanks!

lol thanks guppy. my DH does the grocery shopping on the weekends. i havent went anywhere yet by myself since our last was born, but if i did it would probably be on a monday (DH works tues-fri) he would just watch the kids. we do go places on the weekends together, but we either just take my youngest 1 or 2 or 3 and have the girls stay home with the other ones. or we bring all the kids with us. it just really depends on whats going on and where we are going and who is napping at the time we are leaving lol. you have to know though that my girls are 11 and 13, and very mature and responsible for their ages. they are very helpful with their younger brothers whether they come with us or stay home. when we go to walmart we grab a cart that has two seats for the 1 and 2 yr olds, and i wear our 1 month old. if we go somewhere else we use the double stroller for the 1 and 2 yr olds. i usually baby wear til they are around 6 months old. i would do longer, but im usually pregnant again and sick by then lol. where ever we go they go straight into a cart or stroller so no running around. the older 3 walk next to us.

if i was to go somewhere myself without DH i would take all of them and my girls would help out. it puts a spin on things with all of them being so young in your situation. my kids are home schooled so they are always around. when my girls go to visit friends and DH is gone i wouldnt dream of leaving with the 4 youngest. i would just make sure we already have what we need here.

i dont think its so hard adding another baby to the mix. its easy to adjust to another around. i would probably have some anxiety if we got pregnant with multiples. but hey, i would do what i had to!

Double strollers - I've got a Combi twin sport (lays flat for newborns) and Phil and Teds with the doubles attachment (bought for my first son. Have to wait til the twins are bigger to use)

Carriers: Baby K'tan (they advertise a twin carry, but I didn't like it for that. Fine for a single baby though)
Ergo (used from 2-18 months with my son. Dh used it for our hike this weekend. Very comfy and well suited for dads)
Beco gemini (my favorite. I liked it for a 7lb baby and an 18 month old. Very versatile.)

No time to read all posts right now ~ But wanted to say :wave: Hello to all the new members, really great to have you join us

(Reminder for me to go back to post 496)

Wow lots of chatter in here lately.. just got caught up..

Hi to all the new members..

Hope your all resting up and had a great easter.. :)

Not much new going on.. recently got my dd whos almost 3 potty trained.. that has been nice.. just one diaper for now to change.. Bryce is growing, have his 2 month appt on this next monday.. excited to see how big he has gotten..

can i join ? i have a 6month old daughter and im roughly about 8 weeks pregnant :) x

Yay lots of us crazy people now, hello everyone.

I'm really struggling with these pregnancy, SPD should be used as form of torture!

Yeah I did think maybe teeth ...... it's killing me now as I'm on the go all day and then he's up at ridiculous times but the only thing that stops me thinking teeth is that as soon as we cuddle up in bed he falls asleep straight away until 7am. I love the cuddles but don't want him getting used to it? :shrug:

Hiiiii to everyone who's just joined!! :)

I've got my scan tomorrow :happydance: Am so nervous!

Charlie, are you finding out what your bump is? Cant wait to hear all about it!!!!

Aww, Sassy, i hope the SPD lightens for you :hugs:

WElcome new members! :hi:

Ugh dh is out of town the next 2 days and then most of next week. I'm not looking forward to doing it all on my own. Especially considering my 2 year old's recent bedtime and nap drama :wacko:

Ugh dh is out of town the next 2 days and then most of next week. I'm not looking forward to doing it all on my own. Especially considering my 2 year old's recent bedtime and nap drama :wacko:

:hugs: that can't be easy :nope:
But i know u can do it :bodyb:

,,,just make sure you take mommy breaks if you need them, even if that means leaving the room while they all cry for 2 minutes lol...i wouldnt usually suggest that, but you need your sanity!

You always sound like you are managing fab, it'll be a breeze :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->