'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

I hope its not too late for me to join!

My two boys are 17 months apart!
So far i have :blue: & :blue:

Once Elliot (my youngest) initiates baby lead weaning, and once thats completed we are going to try for a girl. So the next baby will be close in age too :D

:wave: Great to have you join us ~ How are you & the Boys? :shrug: Havent seen you online for a while

I was between contraceptions and got drunk and horny one night.... Only one time without contraception and we got pregnant! Completely unplanned! I actually thought I was getting my period when I got a bit of spotting and I was about to re-start my pill but i thought I'd do a pregnancy test before taking it and it was positive!
Took my lil man to the doc yesterday and diagnosed silent reflux so we have ranitidine and Carobel to thicken his milk. So far so good! Slept 9:30 last night to 4am, quick feed then back to sleep til 7! I feel so refreshed! And we haven't had hours of screaming this morning either :)
Hi to all the new ladies :)

My DD1 had silent reflux, its tough isnt it :hugs: She also had ranintidene ~ If you want any extra tips, I have a few...just let me know

Sounds like he was in need of that good sleep, as you were :sleep: Hope it continues, amazing what a good block of sleep does for us :cloud9:

Any tips would be fab :)
Its just such a relief to be able to pop him in his chair for 10min and play with Tabitha without constantly rocking/cuddling/patting/anything to calm him down! Glad i got a nice doctor and i wasn't fobbed off :)

Any tips would be fab :)
Its just such a relief to be able to pop him in his chair for 10min and play with Tabitha without constantly rocking/cuddling/patting/anything to calm him down! Glad i got a nice doctor and i wasn't fobbed off :)

I remember those days only too well, awful, I was so worried that this LO would have it too, its truly hard, hard work & so awful to see your LO in pain :hugs:

My tips would be:

Feed propped up ie: in a bouncer chair
Prop the head end of the basket/cot up
Dr Browns bottles
rub dont pat when winding

Im sure there is more, but cant think now....Will come back to you if I think of more :winkwink:

Visit this thread, such a helpfull & supportive place:
:coffee:
https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-groups/506794-reflux-help-support-thread.html

Ahh reflux is the worst! LO had it and we were perscribed Infant Gaviscon and she was like a different baby. Did anyone else find they spent ALOT less money on second baby? I've been getting a lot of second hand stuff this time and can't believe we actually spent the money we did with our little girl. I sold her bouncer yesterday for £20 and got boys one second hand for £15 so worked out well. Looked on babiesrus and its still on there we paid £50 for it when we got it new... What were we thinking!!! :haha:

michelle- glad the meds worked and you both got good sleep! :hugs:

guppy- how old was your first DS when he weaned? this is my first time BF and im wondering when. we'll be doing baby led as well, just like we did with our formula babies. i know they are all different, just wondering.

misse- you definitely spend less each time. im on #6, so we barely bought anything :haha: however, we just found out a week ago we have no 0-3 month clothes. there was a tornado in a city close to us (joplin) and we donated a bunch of clothes to victims. i must have sent all of that size :dohh: it will be nice to actually go buy him something though lol! cant wait to shop!

6! Impressive... I get the feeling i'll be stopping at 2 :haha: I have still bought a lot of new stuff just no where near as much, love baby shopping!

Wow sassy bet you were shocked then.. :) I want to start trying for our next one when he is 9-10months old.. so this nov. we will start again.. :) Crazy not too far away

We were very shocked, I cried alot but once it had finally sunk in I was over the moon and soooooooo glad it'd happened! :cloud9:

That will fly around, exciting stuff :happydance:

What change/diaper bag do you all have? :shrug:

Im still using a really small one I got free in the Uk ~ It has ripped parts inside :wacko: & is really hard to fasten when I have both LOs things in it!

I've got a pink lining yummy mummy one, it's good but I still struggle to get everything in it! Not sure what I'll do with all the new baby's stuff! :dohh:

I was between contraceptions and got drunk and horny one night.... Only one time without contraception and we got pregnant! Completely unplanned! I actually thought I was getting my period when I got a bit of spotting and I was about to re-start my pill but i thought I'd do a pregnancy test before taking it and it was positive!
Took my lil man to the doc yesterday and diagnosed silent reflux so we have ranitidine and Carobel to thicken his milk. So far so good! Slept 9:30 last night to 4am, quick feed then back to sleep til 7! I feel so refreshed! And we haven't had hours of screaming this morning either :)
Hi to all the new ladies :)

Lol, brilliant story, LO was definately meant to be! :winkwink:

Sorry to hear your LO has been diagnosed with silent reflux, my LO had it terribly, she ended up in hospital at 5 weeks, poor bubba, she had special milk, ranitidine and domperidom (sp?) which I weaned her off of at 5 months when I started weaning and she's been fine ever since!xx

I've definately spend ALOT less this time around, mainly because new bubba will have all LO hand me downs (car seat, cot, bouncer, bumbo etc) I've only bought some new clothes so its been pretty cheap having another, lol!

Our 3 were planned..we were told that we would need IVF before we found out that i was pregnant ..we had been trying for nearly three years, we were just about to go to our first appointment at a private clinic because i was too young to go on the NHS waiting list for IVF and i found out i was pregnant :wacko: we decided to try for number 2 straight after because we knew w didnt just want one and we didnt want to go back on the pill and wait years again..so we tried when lo was about 10 weeks old and we caught on when he was 11 weeks and lo was born the day after his edd so there is exactly 51 weeks between them :haha:
I went back on the pill after and we decided that we would try..about now for another baby and because we had so much trouble last time i came off the pill last july and we decided to be 'careful' until my body kicked in again and we were doing well until one night we had a lil slip up :blush: and oh said...'dont worry you wont be pregnant' :haha: not thinking anything of it and waiting for AF to come along still..i started to feel soooo ill and took an opk which kept coming up positive for 5 days ..i never realised they detect pregnancy i thought there was something wrong with them :dohh: i eventually have in and took a test and boom :bfp: to say i was in shock is seriously an understatement :haha:

Haven't been on here for ages! I had a baby girl on 29th march, so the age gap between my 2 little ones is 13 months and 2 days.
So far so good! The baby just feeds and sleeps, so i'm very lucky (for now!) and ds doesn't seem bothered by her either way, he's too young to be jealous i think, he's just curious about what she is, and smiles at her and tries to give her things, it's really sweet. but most of the time he just ignores her. but if one of them cries the other one starts!
It's a hell of a lot easier than it was being pregnant and having a baby, and less tiring. I'm sure it'll get harder though when they are both on the move! Ds is now walking, but not properly yet, so it'll be easier when he is and we can get him some shoes so he can walk outside, makes going out to the car easier as atm i have to carry both of them, and also DH is still on paternity leave so im sure it'll get interesting when hes back at work! lol

Haven't been on here for ages! I had a baby girl on 29th march, so the age gap between my 2 little ones is 13 months and 2 days.
So far so good! The baby just feeds and sleeps, so i'm very lucky (for now!) and ds doesn't seem bothered by her either way, he's too young to be jealous i think, he's just curious about what she is, and smiles at her and tries to give her things, it's really sweet. but most of the time he just ignores her. but if one of them cries the other one starts!
It's a hell of a lot easier than it was being pregnant and having a baby, and less tiring. I'm sure it'll get harder though when they are both on the move! Ds is now walking, but not properly yet, so it'll be easier when he is and we can get him some shoes so he can walk outside, makes going out to the car easier as atm i have to carry both of them, and also DH is still on paternity leave so im sure it'll get interesting when hes back at work! lol

Congrats on your Daughters arrival :baby::cloud9:

Im finding my older LO to be really good with the new baby, no jelousy (too young, as you say) She loves her, kisses her, trys to cuddle her if she crys :cloud9:

Congrats on your Daughters arrival :baby::cloud9:

Im finding my older LO to be really good with the new baby, no jelousy (too young, as you say) She loves her, kisses her, trys to cuddle her if she crys :cloud9:

I find this too, Hayden was crying the other day and she took out her own dummy and tried to put it in Hayden's mouth!! It was mega cute!!

[
I find this too, Hayden was crying the other day and she took out her own dummy and tried to put it in Hayden's mouth!! It was mega cute!!

Aww ~ Its so lovely :cloud9:

The only thing that drives me mad with the dummys, is DD1 sometimes takes DD2s out of her chair (when she isnt in it) & then promptly pops it in her own mouth! :baby:

Yip, I've seen her steal it straight from his mouth too!! Good job I'm not super anal about germs :)

Aww, my lo tries to give her the dummy too, he pushes it into her head lol, and gets her hats and bibs etc and puts them on top of her , its adorable! xx

Ahhhh I can't wait for all of that, I hope my lo is the sane as yours with the baby.x

She will Sassy :) you'll have about the same gap as i do!
I've also seen Tabitha put wipes on his head and hit his head (gently of course!) i'm sure he'll get her back when he is crawling tho!
Got him weighed yesterday, 12lbs exactly! He has doubled his "come home" weight in 6 weeks! But already with the medication he is on he is eating less, being less snacky - i think he was comfort eating a lot, poor thing!

Wow that's a fab weight gain, well done bubba.

Well I'm set to have 2 under 1, probably be around 3 weeks between their bdays as I'm due to have this baby at 37 weeks.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->