'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

Ooooh me. There will be 19 months between Fin and his little sister.

I am SHITTING it.

Please ladies - what are the realities of 2 close in age really like? How hard can I expect it to be on my son? Did your older child regress in a sense? Was your older child's sleep affected much? How did you find the sleep deprivation? I know with Fin as a newborn I would sleep in as long as he did which some days would be 11am after a long night of no sleep... but obviously this time when Fin decides it's morning (which is around 6am) I'll have to get up regardless of how little sleep I've had? What was teh reality of breastfeeding a second child like? xx

Hi kitty :)

From my experiences it is bloody hard!! But it's getting easier :) I was bricking it too but you manage, same as you did when you had a newborn first time around and you were clueless (well I was!)
My lil man has reflux and is quite unsettled, but we are learning how best to cope with him and slowly it's coming together. I love him to bits but reflux is frustrating!!
I managed bf for a week, I tried but it really hurt and after a week of feeding constantly all night and then playing with Tabitha all day I just couldn't take it and switched to Formula. BUT there are plenty of ladies on here who are bf and are doing a brilliant job! I had also had a section so things were a little harder to start with. I remember you saying little lady was breech, has she turned yet?
We've had no jealousy with Tabitha whatsoever, infant she adores him! Ok, she sometimes slaps his head and steals his dummy but more often than not she is giving him kisses and just sitting watching him :)
Her sleep is fab, but generally Hayden doesn't get to cry incase he wakes her! His sleep however is crap! He is also a hungry boy taking 8oz of thickend milk (for his reflux) every 3 hours... Tabitha was the opposite!
Organization is definitely the key, have clothes and bag all sorted in the evening, have a schedule in the morning so your oh isnt running off to work leaving you with 2 hungry kids and not having had a shower! Try and get all this done before he leaves for the day, I find is a massive help!
Ah, that's them both up from their naps, will finish later :)

Hi Kitty! From our experience it was hard the first few months especially as they had different routines and Henry suffered from colic and silent reflux. We got told to early wean him and from 4 months things got A LOT better! Now, they are the best of friends and although they have an occasional 'fight' they get on so well. I saw Stephen regress in the sense that he wanted a dummy all the time and refused his beaker but wanted a bottle but we just kept working on it, he also seemed to hit him a lot as a newborn which we put a stop to that straight away, so eventually he seemed to adjust really well. I think the main thing is to keep them included over everything, like helping to make baby's bottle or even now I'll say "Can you give Henry his dummy?" and off he'll go and get it for him.

I agree with the above poster - organisation is key. Especially if you KNOW you are going out the next day - get the bag ready the night before and all their clothes/nappies etc. :) You'll be fine!

Badge looks brilliant, I'll try to add it to my signature later.

AFM I spent most of the weekend in hospital, naughty baby is planning his escape and I've been having contractions, not dilating though thank god, so been given an injection to stop them and been told to take strict rest :-(

Thought you were quiet lately, hope that bubba stays cooking :baby: Mummas not ready for you yet
Have you got help, so that you can rest? :shrug:

Oops, just noticed you posted instructions kel :)

Yey ~ Badge looks great :happydance:

Ooooh me. There will be 19 months between Fin and his little sister.

I am SHITTING it.

Please ladies - what are the realities of 2 close in age really like? How hard can I expect it to be on my son? Did your older child regress in a sense? Was your older child's sleep affected much? How did you find the sleep deprivation? I know with Fin as a newborn I would sleep in as long as he did which some days would be 11am after a long night of no sleep... but obviously this time when Fin decides it's morning (which is around 6am) I'll have to get up regardless of how little sleep I've had? What was teh reality of breastfeeding a second child like? xx

:wave: I was exactly the same, so anxious about having 2 close in age, but as I said to someone else on this thread, I think being anxious is a good thing, as when LO number 2 arrives, you will find its not as hard as you imagined :winkwink: (iykwim)

My new bubba hasnt had much effect on the other kids tbh, which is great, the older 2 are used to babies crying around the house & my 16 month old just loves her little Sister :cloud9:

The sleep issue is my probably what I find the hardest, but some days, im lucky enough to get them both napping at the same time ~ So I grab half hour myself :sleep::thumbup:

Another thing is....Time flys by! :winkwink: Which in a way is a good thing, because as the LOs get older, it really does get easier (of course in other ways its not so good, I love newborn snuggles! :cry:)

I only b/f for a week this time, as I had oversupply issues/engorgement issues really badly again, so figured, I want to enjoy baby, not be stressed & anxious over feed times :thumbup:

Stick with us, you'll be fab :flower:

Honestly there are times I find 3 kids 2 and under to be easier than I feared and sometimes worse. It's just more extreme. I feel like supermom when things are going well and there is nothing more heart melting than watching my 2 year old cuddle and kiss his baby sisters :cloud9: But when everyone is crying its really hard. And I find bedtime tough when dh is away, because everyone needs/wants me at the same time and it takes forever to get everyone asleep.

My son has never been woken up by babies at night, but they don't share a room. Even the babies who share a room only wake each other up if I don't get to the crying one quick enough.

Good luck. You'll do fine. Moms are capable of so much. It's amazing how quickly LOs close in age becomes your norm. Now, taking just one or two kids out shopping with me is a break :haha:

Hi, just spotted this thread. Can I join? I have a 4 year old, a 2 yr old and 2 1 yr olds. There's 10.5 months between my daughter and my twins xx

Yay another set of twins in this group! Maybe you'll have so e pointers for me as I'm a relatively new twin mama.

Hi, just spotted this thread. Can I join? I have a 4 year old, a 2 yr old and 2 1 yr olds. There's 10.5 months between my daughter and my twins xx

:wave: Welcome ~ Another twinny supermum :thumbup:

Your kids are adorable :cloud9:

How are you finding it? :shrug: Has it got easier now they are a little older

Yay another set of twins in this group! Maybe you'll have so e pointers for me as I'm a relatively new twin mama.

:yipee: That is just what I thought ~ Cant wait to hear all about life with 4 under 4! :oneofeach::oneofeach:

yay! i have a 4 yr old, 2 yr old, 13 month old, and 1 month old. it can be crazy :wacko: but theres soooo much love in my home :cloud9:

Just thought I'd pop in after seeing apple84's signature :)

I have 3 under 3 ... Emma is 2 1/2 (born in August 2009), Heidi is 16 months (born in December 2010) and Monica is 2 weeks (born March 31st 2012).

It has its challenges but overall I love having them so close, especially now that Emma & Heidi are starting to interact a lot and play with each other.

Hi Kitty! From our experience it was hard the first few months especially as they had different routines and Henry suffered from colic and silent reflux. We got told to early wean him and from 4 months things got A LOT better!

I'm already thinking early weaning for this exact reason!

I have 3 under 3 ... Emma is 2 1/2 (born in August 2009), Heidi is 16 months (born in December 2010) and Monica is 2 weeks (born March 31st 2012).

It has its challenges but overall I love having them so close, especially now that Emma & Heidi are starting to interact a lot and play with each other.

:wohoo: The buttons in siggys are working! :yipee:

:wave: Welcome ~ Pleased to have you join us (will add you to front page later)

I cant wait until my Girls are both a little older & can play together :cloud9: That is the exact reason I wanted them close in age

gThanks ladies. I feel awful at the moment as I'm having SUCH a rough pregnancy and am in agony all the time with my SPD... and then I think to when Millie arrives and I feel so scared about how I;ll cope that right now I don;t even feel very excited about it to be honest. But I think I am inagining having a new baby on TOP of how I feel now, I have to keep remembering that when she comes the pregnancy ailments will wear off so it wont be doubling up.

At times right now I find it hard to just care for Fin so of course the idea of another is shit scary. Lol.

She is still breech I think. Certainly doesn't feel like she's moved in the last 2 weeks from when they last checked. Scary scary xxx

I was breech at my 28 week appt, every midwife appointment she said he was breech then I had a scan at 36 weeks and he had flipped, I had no idea!
Sorry your having a rough time of it, i had chronic heartburn and although not actual SPD I could only manage to walk short distances and not be active at all or I was in in pain and walking like a cowboy!
I also remember feeling scared rather than excited, but honestly as soon as she is here all that disappears :) x

Oh Kitty - I didn't have SPD but a lot of times I just used to lie on the sofa and Stephen would entertain himself because I was so achey or tired etc and I felt guilty every single day but he seems fine now so I don't think he was old enough to 'know' that I was a bad mum for those 9 months. That's why this time around I'm really hoping it is easier this time around . . . so please don't feel like you are letting him down cause it is so hard being pregnant and with a young child.

I think as long as you don't go in naive like I did and think oh it will be easy then you're already one step ahead. It is hard especially as you're like "Shit I only have one pair of eyes or hands" and then groups were so hard in the beginning as Stephen wanted to run around and Henry would sleep so I had to leave him in his car seat or if he needed feeding when out was hard as S would run off etc. It took a while for it to become second nature but one day you'll wake up and everything WILL fit together and you'll forget how it was. Just give it time and don't expect everything to happen all at once :) Plus we're always here if you need a chat because we've all been there and know how it is. From the posts on here you seem like a great mummy to Fin so you're going to be a great mummy to both!

Hello :hi: My name is April

Can I join? I am currently 28 weeks with baby number 2 and my little girl is 14 months old! Scared to death about having two so close together but we chose it this way so they would grow up together! DD1 will be 16 months when DS1 comes into the world - assuming he isn't premature!

I also remember feeling scared rather than excited, but honestly as soon as she is here all that disappears :) x

This is just how I felt & everytime I was asked 'bet your excited for LO to arrive'.....Id be like 'errrrmmmm, yes & no!!' :blush: Think they thought I was a weirdo! :dohh:

Hello :hi: My name is April

Can I join? I am currently 28 weeks with baby number 2 and my little girl is 14 months old! Scared to death about having two so close together but we chose it this way so they would grow up together! DD1 will be 16 months when DS1 comes into the world - assuming he isn't premature!

:wave: Great to have you join us ~ Will add you to the front page soon :flower:

Hi New Wife! Wow I love how you have 3 under 3. Wish I could convince my husband to aim for that. I think he is always too concerned what other people would say. LOL, not me, I'm game and ready !!!

TheNewWife and I are friend's in real life and she's amazing. Not many moms could pull off what she does.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Yes my life is super hectic but so rewarding. The twins are cruising at the moment and are into absolutely everything. to be honest I think the newborn days were the easiest! Demi has only just turned 2 so still depends on me a lot and we are trying to potty train too. Jaimee is in his first year at school so there is always homework to do or costumes to make etc. I have got to try and make a bloody monkey costume for Monday . I've just sold my huge triple pushchair and have bought an obaby xi tandem today (like a Phil and Teds). Demi mostly walks on reins now or goes on a buggy board so that's a bit easier. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->