'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

Well in my household, tantrums are really really blowing up big time! I feel like everything I do is wrong, and he's become like a bottomless pit! The last 3 days Luke (my 2 y/o) has been eating anything he can get his hands on, he had 3 helpings at breakfast today!!

Tom has recently decided that he doesn't like it when Luke has a tantrum, so I have 90% of the time got both of the screaming!! (okay maybe that's a slight exaduration)

Other than that, sleeping has been good, Tom has FINALLY started taking a proper nap during the day.

Thanks hun - the second two ladies at the 2nd scan think she's fine but there is a bright spot which looks like hardened tissue or something like that but, they want to send us to the consultant just to get the last say. I was so upset - finally got told we were having our little girl and then got told about it. Tried so hard not to cry but that's it when the tears started I couldn't help it.

aww I hope Ruby and Charlie are feeling better today?

Well in my household, tantrums are really really blowing up big time! I feel like everything I do is wrong, and he's become like a bottomless pit! The last 3 days Luke (my 2 y/o) has been eating anything he can get his hands on, he had 3 helpings at breakfast today!!

Tom has recently decided that he doesn't like it when Luke has a tantrum, so I have 90% of the time got both of the screaming!! (okay maybe that's a slight exaduration)

Other than that, sleeping has been good, Tom has FINALLY started taking a proper nap during the day.

ahh no I feel for you! :( He's probably due a growth spurt hence the wanting lots of food. I wish i could help you but Stephen's just as bad sometimes with the tantrums. Best advice I got is as long as they are safe then ignore it. Only punish really bad behaviour like biting, hitting etc and ignore the rest. It has worked for us and he isn't as bad, but sometimes it's so hard to ignore.

Yaaaaaay for the proper nap!!! :)

Hiya, can I join you lovely ladies? I've got a 13.5 month old and a 4 week old so in the early days of chaos at the moment!

Hiya, can I join you lovely ladies? I've got a 13.5 month old and a 4 week old so in the early days of chaos at the moment!

I have a 12.5 month old and a 5 week old so pretty much the same gap! How you holding up?z

Thanks ladies, and welcome. Luke only really gets punished if he hits his brother, then he's on the naughty chair!!

Looked at Luke this morning and he's Deffo shot up. He's already 98th centle!!

I'm ok so far actually, not doing too badly! I have my moments obviously, when I think "WHAT HAVE WE DONE?!!" but on the whole things are going ok. I'm lucky in the DS is a brilliant sleeper so between 7pm and 8am it's like we've only got the baby really. I put her to bed half an hour ago and then Nat immediately afterwards, and so far neither is making a noise so fingers crossed I can sit and relax for a while!

I just find the trick is to keep busy and get out of the house as much as possible - Nat gets really fed up and grizzly at home so other than his lunch time nap I try to make sure we don't just stay in.

Hubby isn't handling things well though - he is getting seriously stressed! Not quite sure why, as he is at work all day and doesn't do any of the night feeds (BFing) and plays cricket all day Saturday then goes out afterwards! Men!

How about you? xx

Sounds exactly the same here, I'm coping pretty well but def have those moments where I want to run and hide! Have you slready started bedtime routine? That's really good, we're going to try from next week. Zac's such hard work, has a milk intolerance, reflux and colic, lucky me!!!x

Oh poor you. Charlotte's been fairly straightforward, her biggest "problem" is that during the day she is either asleep or screaming; there is very little in between with her. I'm hoping that as she gets older and her eyesight develops she'll be happier to just sit or lie somewhere!

Yes, I am a massive routine freak and started her bedtime routine a week ago (so she was 3 weeks old). It has made a huge difference - both to us (having the evenings back to just sit and recharge our batteries) and to her as she sleeps much better now and just wakes to feed, rather than having random wakings in between.

How are you finding the nights - do you get much sleep? x

I don't want to jinx things, but for the first time she went down at first attempt tonight (usually she wakes after 10 minutes and needs resettling several times) and is still asleep now, an hour later. Fingers crossed that means she is now safely in deep sleep territory as I'm desperate for a bath but too scared to go in case she wakes up (hubby isn't great at resettling her....!)

Yeh I'm a massive routine freak too and we did try and start bedtime on Monday but he screamed sooo much I had to bring him down because I didn't want him waking poppy! Zac was like they during the day until this week, now he's having awake happy time and has started to smile which is lovely.

He sleeps well at night, just wakes at 1 and 4 for feeding and resettles straight away, how about your lo? How's your older one taken to his sibling?x

Well, bath done and baby still asleep!

Yeah, we've only had success with the bedtime routine about 50% of the time so far - tonight is the best she's been by a mile. Usually she needs resettling 3 times and is asleep by about 8pm, but on couple of occasions we've just given up and brought her downstairs if she won't settle (as much as I love routines, I'm not going to let a 4 week old CIO!) The other night she spent 5 hours awake downstairs just fighting sleep!

I feed her again at about 10.30pm and then she usually wakes between 3-4am and again at 5-6am, then sleeps until I wake her at 8am. But she can really vary though - some nights are much better than others but she's never that bad (touch wood...)

Nat seems to have accepted her ok - he doesn't seem any different really. We have to be careful as he's a proper boy and really loud and thuggish - not in a mean way, there is just no carefulness about him! He'd love to throw all his toys onto Charlotte's head given half a chance!

Ah, just expressed for her 10.30pm feed and now settling down to a nice chilled glass of wine. Mmmmm, heaven!!!!!!

Sounds like you have it all well under control, well done you.
Yep Poppy's the same, I put Zac in a travel cot in the day, in his bouncer, swing etc when I can't watch them constantly so I know he's safe.

Where abouts do you live, do you get out much, or braved any baby groups with 2 of them?

Enjoy your wine.x

I live in Oxfordshire (very close to the Bucks border). How about you?

I try and go out at least once every day, either to a baby group (we've been going since Charlotte was a week old) or to playdates with friends. Nat gets really bored at home and can be a nightmare come late afternoon, so I try to make sure he doesn't ever spend all day at home. It just takes us a long time to get anywhere by the time I've got everything packed, got them in the car etc etc as I'm sure you can relate to!

Do you have Zac in a routine during the day? xx

I live in Essex so not too close to you!

Zac's in no daytime routine at all, Poppy's in a strict one avd in hoping he'll turn out to be as easy as her! Is your lo in a daytime routine? How do you even do that with such a young baby? Tips definately welcomed.

We put Zac to bed at 21:30 last night so got an hours peace, it was amazing! Hubs is just putting him to bed now too.x

sorry i havent been posting much over the past week, it's been a hectic week for us all. i've made a big update in my journal if you wanted to read it (theres a link in my signature).

we're now back in London for the weekend and have two of our friends coming to stay with us in Cardiff for a few days next week :happydance:

i hope you're all okay and doing well, i will attempt to catch up on all the posts i've missed!

Aww Kel, your coming back to the uk? Is everything ok?
I know the exhausted feeling.... Will continue later, that's Hayden up!

Everything is Ok thanks, just feel that we need to be back at 'home' :hugs: Australia has sure been an adventure & we have learnt so much from it, mainly, what is important to us :winkwink:

Sorry things are so tough Kelly, we're all here whenever you want to talk. Can't imagine how busy you are, looking after 2 is hard enough without planning a big move aswell.

Ive been blessed with another colicky baby so struggling with that!x

Thanks :hugs: Yes, another big move in less than 1 year!!! :wacko:

Why the move Kelly? Hope you're ok! Keep persevering with the toddler nap! Stephen goes through phases where he refuses naps but just keep at it. :hugs:

Just feel that the Uk for us as a Family, is what we want, took this move to realise it though! :dohh:

Thanks for the toddler nap tip, I will keep trying, as if she doesnt have one, by 4pm she is sooooo ratty!!! :wacko:

Congrats on a little pink one :cloud9: Hope all goes well for the scan in 2 weeks :hugs:

I just find the trick is to keep busy and get out of the house as much as possible - Nat gets really fed up and grizzly at home so other than his lunch time nap I try to make sure we don't just stay in.

Hubby isn't handling things well though - he is getting seriously stressed! Not quite sure why, as he is at work all day and doesn't do any of the night feeds (BFing) and plays cricket all day Saturday then goes out afterwards! Men!

How about you? xx

Hi & welcome :wave:

Was just going to ask you what you do when you go out, as I find it a bit too stressful to go out too often!!! :wacko: But seen you have posted where you go on another post

My Hubby gets pretty stressed too & its probably the hardest time in our 16 year relationship!! :wacko: But we will get through it, as we always do
:hugs:

i haven't forgotten about you all, i promise!

it is my OH's 21st birthday tomorrow :happydance: on saturday night he had a fairly big surprise party and he was very surprised indeed! it was a really good night and it was so nice to see him having a great time. i only stayed for about two hours as we took Charlie and Ruby to the party because a lot of people haven't met Ruby due to her stay in hospital and then our move just a few weeks later. it was really nice to see all of our old friends again and most importantly, Ben had a great time

how are you all?

stranger alert!!! iv only just got broadband fitted today god i dont think i can catch up, if theres any updates could someone fill me in?

hope everyone is well x

stranger alert!!! iv only just got broadband fitted today god i dont think i can catch up, if theres any updates could someone fill me in?

hope everyone is well x

Ive not been able to get on too much lately either :coffee:

Just want to say, your avatar is so sweet :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back