'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

wow, teeth! that just goes to show how fast they grow up. Rubycakes is about 9lb, despite being on both nutriprem2 and infatrini milks and Charlie is around 20lb. i bet you're loving the fact that they're both sleeping and for so long too! :happydance:

Aww Charlie sounds like a right petite lil boy, just like my Tabitha :)
Have you tried adding mashed potato to Ruby's milk?!
Kidding of course :)
They only advise that past 3 months ;)

just wanted to pop in and say i had my 12 week scan and baby look great here are some pics

Attachments

• ultrasound baby #2 12 weeks.jpg
    ultrasound baby #2 12 weeks.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1
  • ultrasound baby #2 12 weeks #2.jpg
    ultrasound baby #2 12 weeks #2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1
Well done Michelle. Great weight gain and great sleeping.xx

Yay on the wedding date!! :) and on her weight gain!! :) I'm getting the boys weighed tomorrow as not had them done since we moved here.

Lovely scan pics!! :) :) I think it looks a bit boy like to me - looks exactly like my 12 week scan picture of Henry!

As for me .... I'm having a really difficult time with Stephen - he has turned from this lovely little boy to a complete ratbag and, I'm struggling coping with this bad behaviour. It's got to the point where I'm so fed up of time outs and telling him no etc that I just can't be bothered anymore cause it's CONSTANT. Dunno what to do really, end up crying most nights because I miss the old him. He's so nasty to Henry, he throws constant tantrums over everything, he hits, bites, kicks, punches, pulls my hair, doesn't do as he's told etc :(

So sorry your going through tough times with Stephen, I have no advice as haven't reached that point yet! Keep up the time outs etc though as I'm sure he'll soon realise your not going to give in. Big hugs, can't imagine how tough that is, hopefully it's just a phase and he'll be out of it soon.xx

thanks fro the guess charlie.. the tech said she thinks its oing to be another girl which i absolutly do not mind since we have all the stuff already lol. bu would love a boy too lo we will see soonenough

Sorry Charliekeys hopefully he acts better soon! Im at the end of my rope too, most due to lack of sleep :nope: some friends have told me about this "Ferber Method" book, Ive been reading about it online and though its not all about crying it out its sooo hard for husband and I to do that. I enjoy co sleeping because we get to snuggle at night and I know he wont be little forever and one day Ill wish I spent more time hugging and snuggling him. That being said I NEED my bed back. I need that intimacy back with my husband of just being able to touch each other at night with out a baby in between us. Then there is the new baby coming, if he is still sleeping with us who will make sure he is not falling off the bed while I tend to the infant? And though everyone says this will pass and you dont see older kids sleeping with parents I do think sometimes there is an over attachment between child and parents. My sister for example let their 2nd daughter co sleep and at 7 years old she is now sneaking into their room to sleep cause she does not want to sleep alone. So my sister has a 5 month old baby in the bassinet next to bed and a 7 year old in between her and her husband. She has warned me not to even start sleeping together. Her 12 year old always slept in her own bed and has no problems sleeping alone or on her own.

Last night was ridiculous, he was soo sleepy all day we get ready for bed and its two hours before he will even lay down and go to bed. Then less then 2 hours later he is awake for FOUR hours whining, kicking me, hitting me in the face, hitting his head on the head board, kicking baby bump, smothering his dad. He is a sleep crawler so most things he is doing is while he is half asleep, never wide awake. I lay there worried to even swallow cause if he wakes up then he is up. I grip the edge of the bed all night cause no matter how many times I move him im still pushed right off the bed. It breaks my heart to hear him cry when I know if I just pick him up he will stop but something has to give!

Tonight we are leaving him in his crib no matter what! Its right next to our bed so he should be fine and Im going to keep consoling him with out picking him up. Please wish us luck! I have no idea what happened for 6 months he slept alone over night just fine never waking, at almost 10 months old he should not be waking up every couple hours! He fell asleep awhile ago and I put him in his bed just for him to do his usual immediate wake up, I left a little toy in there and told him night night and left the room. He was quite about 2 minutes then cried non stop for five minutes. As I walked in the room to console him he started jumping up and down giggling :cry: so I pat him on the back till he stops, then leave the room, he starts crying, I go back and get him and now he is playing with his toys on the floor like he is no longer sleepy :dohh:

Hi ladies!!
I'm Alice, I have two boys, Luke (25 months) and Tom (7 months) so an 18 month age gap

Hi maskedkitteh :)

Aw daddiesgift I feel for you...
When Tabitha hit 8 months she turned into a nightmare! We had about a month of her not settling then only sleeping in our bed which meant I was in bed with her at 9pm for ages. I eventually said enough was enough and we let her cry... Put her in bed at 7 as per usual and let her cry for 30 mins.... Then it was a bit less the next night and within a week she was back to normal, after a month of her being a complete monkey!
She is playing up a bit just now, last night she was playing downstairs til 9:30..... Tonight she is upstairs kicking her cot (after crying for 10 mins).... Nothing wrong with her so mean mummy will leave her!

Rubycakes is 3 months old! :happydance:

big hugs for you Charlie, i imagine it's hard having Stephen behaving like that. keep on persevering though and you will get there.

we're absolutely exhausted but just wanted to pop online and say hi :wave:

hi ladies hopefully joining you all found out was pregnant but have had brown spotting having an early scan tommorow im nervous

Girls....Im so sorry ive not been around :flower:

Been finding things a little tough, as baby doesnt nap for long & toddler has started refusing naps!!! :nope:

Im also planning a house sale & a move from Australia to the Uk! :wacko:

Missing you all though & could really do with support, so will make more effort to get on, at least once a day :winkwink: How are you all??

Are there any new members not on the front page, that are regular posters? :coffee: Please let me know your details (as per front page) & i'll add you, should just about have time!! :haha:

Hope you ladies are well, Im EXHAUSTED for a lack of better words and we only have one at the moment :nope: sticking with this sleeping in his big boy bed thing if it kills me! Im pretty sure with baby on the way we will be starting him off in his crib right away and NEVER letting him sleep with us! Biggest mistake I ever made in this parenting journey.

Better news our angel Dominic is 10 months old today! Oh how time goes by fast. 5 more months and Lucas will be here to show us Dominic's big brother skills :winkwink:

Aww Kel, your coming back to the uk? Is everything ok?
I know the exhausted feeling.... Will continue later, that's Hayden up!

Sorry things are so tough Kelly, we're all here whenever you want to talk. Can't imagine how busy you are, looking after 2 is hard enough without planning a big move aswell.

Ive been blessed with another colicky baby so struggling with that!x

Why the move Kelly? Hope you're ok! Keep persevering with the toddler nap! Stephen goes through phases where he refuses naps but just keep at it. :hugs:

So we had our 20 week scan today .... our last baby is a GIRL YESSSS! We are Team :pink: !!!!! She was SO active, like seriously would not stop moving and when they said girl I was like AHHHH!

Had a bit of a bad time though as the sonographer thought she had a suspected hole in the heart, so we had to have a dash to another hospital for a second opinion. The second lady (with a consultant) said they couldn't see anything but there was a bright spot on the septum which could be just hardened formed tissue and we have to go for a consultant scan in 2 weeks to just triple check what's going on with her. But she seems fine from the 2nd scan! (copied that from my november mummy group as it's too hard to write out again - hope you don't mind?)

How is everyone else doing?

huge congratulations on your little girl, Charlie! sorry to hear about the suspected hole in Phoebe's heart as well as the spot on her septum, keep us updated on everything.

we've had a whirlwind week but we're all well and okay. i hope you're all okay too! in between hospital appointments, job interviews and two poorly babies, we've had a busy week. i'll do a big update tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->