'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

Hey Jem,

Well I found it started to get harder around 3/4 weeks. Xander had colic though so it wasnt pleasant. It then began to ease off around 10 weeks and by 12 weeks we were on the home straight! Xander started sttn at 10 weeks and has continued so far (touch wood!) so thats helped loads.

At first I was scared to leave Xander down in case Aria in her eagerness hurt him. In fact she did step on him once which wasnt nice but he cried for a second! For the first 2 months at least I put Xander in his swing or he was on me (ul see yourself when bf). Now though he lies on his mat and Aria barely bothers him. She loves playing with him but knows thats his time. She does still sometimes try and sit with him but I just make sure to always be there.

I bathed Aria first and put her to bed then would bath Xander. Now though and from about 3 months I bathe them together. Its just sooo much easier and they both love it. I then get them out dried and they have a play for about 30 mins, Xander then gets fed and goes to bed and Aria watches itng and then goes to her bed (in the same room).

xxx

1) It got really hard from us from 4 weeks - 20 weeks. Henry had colic and silent reflux and then would scream at the times he used to scream at (8pm ON THE DOT) out of habit when it all just disappeared. He was a very difficult baby though - especially compared to Stephen. When you pick up on their cues like certain bottles at certain times it makes it a lot easier too.

2) I used to just leave Henry on the floor with Stephen and Stephen would just ignore him or play in a corner. If I had to leave the room quickly, Stephen would follow me (he was walking 2 days after Henry was born), so luckily they are both used to each other playing on the same floor.

3) For the first 3 weeks we bathed Henry after Stephen went to bed, then we put them in the big bath together, OR I'd get in with them both. :)

Poppy had terrible reflux and ended up in hospital, she had colic too so I'm praying Zac has neither!x

My son as well :) What a nightmare all that was!! He was literally puking from the day he was born. At first they said it could be normal, then when we went home he kept doing it and having gas/ odd poo..so they assumed he had a protein allergy so I stopped eating diary and poo/gas got better but he kept puking. Then they said he had GER and he was on Rantindine till about 6 months old! He was colicy about two weeks, 5am on the dot every day he would start screaming non stop :nope: Once they gave us the medicine, I stopped breast feeding and switched to protein allergy formula and the playtex drop in bottles he never screamed cried again! Around 6 months the puking stopped so we stopped the medicine and he rarely ever pukes anymore! Still has protein problem tho.

I pray this baby does not have the same problem!

My hubby's first day back at work and I'm actually glad! I need to find some sort of routine for having 2 babies!

Zac's been poorly again, taking him drs this morning as Hv thinks he is lactose intolerance!

Kids ay, nothing ever straight forward!x

can someone please tell Hayden that 5/6am is not time to coo and giggle at mummy, as adorable as it is!
Oh and if you could also have a word about sleeping all night it would be much appreciated :)

Hi everyone, ii usually just read what everyone else is saying cause I don't have 2 just yet but just wondering if any of your older ones get up really early. When I had Conniei didn't mind night feeds etc because she would sleep til 10 and so would I, but now she wakes up 5-5.30 every morning and I just imagine I'm going to be soooooo tired x

Lol Michelle, that is way too early to get up! Does he sleep well otherwise?

Welcome misse and congrats, sorry I can't offer any advice as my lo doesnt get up until 8! What time does she go to bed? Have you tried leaving her at 5am to try and go back to sleep?x

Misse, I drink lots of coffee!
Tabitha is waking anytime between 6/7 and Hayden is 5/6 yawn......
He generally goes down at 7, then dream feed at 11, feed and straight back to sleep at 3.... Plus 3 daytime naps....
My aim everyday is getting them to nap together every afternoon!

^^^ I aim to get mine to nap together too, 1 hour of peace would be like heaven!x

Mine didn't start napping together until about 6 months ..... it was HEAVEN! 2 hours of peace and quiet! ;)

Trust me I've tried everything to get her to sleep later and nothing works, think is just her body clock. I think ill be napping with them for a good few months! Won't be so bad when he starts sleeping through the night (hopefully doesn't take too long) x

Sassy, most days they do, even 30mins is bliss! I just spend my morning keeping one or the other up ;)

thank you! and in other news, Ruby's 0-3 month clothes finally just about fit her :happydance: no more newborn which is a bittersweet moment

Yay mum Erin!
My lil man Hayden, was only 6,4 at birth, 6 when he came home and at 17 weeks weighs in at 18,15!!!
We've gone from Tiny Baby to 6-9 month clothes already! My 16 month daughter is only 1lb heavier than him......
And he has cut 2 bottom teeth already.
I have currently got them both asleep, since 12:30 :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"