'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

Im being sent a sling to test, my first time an im very excited, im hoping she will send me a video on how to put it on as im a complete novice, if anyones interested in checking out what slings shes got for sale she has a fb page i can post the link x

Hi everyone i haven't been on here for ages! Lo is 5 months tomorrow!
Anyone who bottle feeds, if your eldest still had a bottle when the baby has come along, did you have a problem with the older one wanting the baby's bottles?
I bf but she's always had the odd bottle and now she's having more and more bottles during the day and ds goes MAD every time he sees the bottle because he wants it! he only had a bedtime bottle but now he goes crazy wanting one every time she does.
Anyone else have this??!

ah yes I remember this! STephen used to try and steal Henry's bottles, we just kept telling him he didn't have bottles anymore and was a big boy who had beakers. Bottles were for babies. Obviously, he was still my baby, but it was the only way we could get him to stop stealing it. Though, he used to be very cheeky and after Henry had finished, if there was any milk left, he would casually come over, take the bottle hide in a corner and finish it :haha:

Tabitha steals Hayden's all the time so on top of her food, she probably has about 10oz of hungry baby milk!

Ha ha! yes my ds nicks the bottle all the time and finishes it off, if i put it down half way through to burp her i turn round and its gone!
We just let him have them to begin with as we didn't want him to feel jealous of the new baby but it was getting to the point where he had one every time she had one lol then we tried being firm and trying to stop him but he gets so upset so we thought it's not a big deal really so now i give him something to distract him while she drinks then he knows he can finish it off!
If we give him a bottle of his own it has cows milk in it but he wont be fobbed off, he'll chuck his on the floor and go after his sisters instead :haha:

I stopped poppy having a bottle 1 month before Zac arrived, she did at first pick his up but never really tried to drink it! He's on prescription milk and it smells vile, she tried to steal some about a month ago, so i let her on purpose, she gagged and pulled such funny faces that I don't think she'll be trying it again :rofl:

Eva has never taken Rosalies bottle as she had been of milk since 12months (altho she sometimes asks for milk before bed, which is only normally half a bottle) but when ever she see's the bottle lid of shes straight over picks it up and waits for me to burp Rosalie soon as the bottle hits the table she puts the lid on lol

Rosalie had her first taste of baby rice today, and Eva was very interested in that lol x

Baby rice already? Wow I've not even though about it yet.x

Tabitha always has to taste Haydens, today it was a weird Ellas kitchen one, peas, pears and broccoli! Her face was a picture! She did also try and feed him a quaver, very sweet!

Aww Bless her! At least quavers melt in mouth ;) - STephen keeps trying to feed baby's things lately. At my cousin in law's daughter's birthday he tried feed an 8 week baby a piece of pizza :dohh: He thinks he's being helpful :haha:

Oh yeh Poppy's forever trying to feed Zac, he'll soon be loving it.x

i gave my eldest baby rice at 4months, Rosalie is 15weeks and she seemed to like it yesterday she had about 3 tips of the spoon of rice, shes been on stage 2milk from 4weeks old and currently downs 8oz, i got fab weening spoons from the asda baby event x

Someone asked this on FB earlier .... I don't really know, I have a 2nd birthday and a birth to plan first lol ... I was thinking of getting the boys a kitchen to share with all the food and pans etc. Other than that not really sure :shrug:

iv also a 2nd birthday to plan 2 days before x-mas :S last year was abit hectic but the party went well. we are going to take her out somewhere special for the day, no idea where yet tho.

x-mas we are going to get Eva a pink playhouse for the garden as her main present, her birthday not to sure yet maybe a slide as mum and dad are getting her a swing. And rosalie will be 7months so some toys and bits and bobs for her x

I started pops at 21 weeks, unsure when I'll start Zac.

Xmas?? Oh no, I have to move twice, decorate a whole new house avd organise a christening before then! :wacko:

someone els on the babies born in may group is going to feed there LO before baby rice or anything els, sweet potato already, i personally think sweet potato is a big step for a tiny tummy eva at 7-8 loved it but her nappies where awful. x

We never did baby rice .. we read the pros and cons of it and to me it just seemed pointless and not nutritionally that great. We just went straight to a simple apple or pear puree with STephen (which would explain his sweet tooth :dohh: ) and Henry's first taste was just carrot puree.

Hey, Ladies!

I have a few questions for those of you who have already had your 2nd LO's close in age...

1. My kids will be 14 or 15 months apart. My son had reflux, colic, etc, and even now is a very fussy, needy baby, plus I had PPD for a few months. My husband works full time and goes to school full time. He keeps going back and forth on deciding whether to take the semester off when new baby will be born so that he can be home to help out in the evenings, or keep going in order to try to get done with school sooner... If he doesn't take the semester off, that would mean it's all me, all week days and nights, except for Sundays when he'd be able to help. I also do not have my mom nearby or any older siblings for my kiddos in the house.

My question is: were any of you moms able to handle a toddler and a newborn, with no older children in the house, with your husband either working 2 full time jobs or working full time plus going to school full time? Was your #2 a colicky baby or easygoing? How were you emotionally during the first several months?

2. Much easier question that probably more of you can answer... Debating whether to skip the toddler bed for my son. He didn't need a crib until 5 months, and if that's the same for our next one, that would make him 19-20 months when it's time for the next one to use the crib. Did any of you skip buying a toddler bed and go straight to a twin bed with safety railing? Did it work?

Thanks in advance!

My first baby had no colic or reflux, STTN from 8 weeks old... My second had silent reflux and was really difficult upto about 8 weeks! Now he is a generally happy wee thing but still isn't STTN!
A lot of us have opposite babies on here :)
IMO I would ask him to defer a semester... But that's just me. I found it so difficult and my oh only works 8:30-5 mon-fri and is home for lunch everyday. I don't know how I would've coped without him. Plus my toddler is easy, not fussy and has been such a star since her brother arrived! But I guess a fussy, refluxy baby was something I'd never dealt with before so it was a complete shock. The way I see it is he can defer school but he can't defer the first few months of the baby if that makes sense?
My daughter is 18 months and still in her cot, it converts to a toddler bed but no way would I trust her with no rails :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->