'Little Ones Close in Age' ~ Please join us

My eldest was hard work for the first 3 months, she had reflux, colic etc and practically cried for 3 months! Since then she's been the angel child, she never cries, sttn and is such an easy going toddler!

My youngest has started the same, reflux colic and lacto intolarent, he's now coming up 16 weeks and is still very fussy, still waking 2 times per night so he's hardwork and I'm bloody tired!

I'd definately advise your hubby to defer his school for a term, those first 3 months are really hard and you'll definately need him around as much as you can.

My eldest was only 11 months when youngest arrived, she's still in her cotbed and Zac is in a standard cot, I'd say if your going to move him to a regular bed then do it sooner than later to give time to adjust, you don't want to be dealing with a newborn plus a big change for your toddler as he'llbe going through enough.

Personally having 2 is turning out a lot easier than I first feared!x

How's the move going Kelly?

We are all great, I'm actually finding this mummy of 2 stuff quite easy :)

it's not too bad really! we have our moments tho! my 2 were at their nans last night, and we went to bed earlier than we normally do when they are here, how rock n roll!

Hi Kel!! how is everything going?

Hello, is it ok if I join here? I am currently pregnant with baby no 2, when my son will be 25months.

:hi: Kelly (and you other lovely ladies!) How's the move going??

and :hi: cookie! :)

You Girls are lovely :flower:

We will know more by the end of this week, as to when we can get 'home' :plane:

Will keep you updated :winkwink:

P.S Welcome cookielucylou :wave:

Fingers crossed you won't have to wait long as I know your eager to get back now.xx

My first baby had no colic or reflux, STTN from 8 weeks old... My second had silent reflux and was really difficult upto about 8 weeks! Now he is a generally happy wee thing but still isn't STTN!
A lot of us have opposite babies on here :)
IMO I would ask him to defer a semester... But that's just me. I found it so difficult and my oh only works 8:30-5 mon-fri and is home for lunch everyday. I don't know how I would've coped without him. Plus my toddler is easy, not fussy and has been such a star since her brother arrived! But I guess a fussy, refluxy baby was something I'd never dealt with before so it was a complete shock. The way I see it is he can defer school but he can't defer the first few months of the baby if that makes sense?
My daughter is 18 months and still in her cot, it converts to a toddler bed but no way would I trust her with no rails :)

My eldest was hard work for the first 3 months, she had reflux, colic etc and practically cried for 3 months! Since then she's been the angel child, she never cries, sttn and is such an easy going toddler!

My youngest has started the same, reflux colic and lacto intolarent, he's now coming up 16 weeks and is still very fussy, still waking 2 times per night so he's hardwork and I'm bloody tired!

I'd definately advise your hubby to defer his school for a term, those first 3 months are really hard and you'll definately need him around as much as you can.

My eldest was only 11 months when youngest arrived, she's still in her cotbed and Zac is in a standard cot, I'd say if your going to move him to a regular bed then do it sooner than later to give time to adjust, you don't want to be dealing with a newborn plus a big change for your toddler as he'llbe going through enough.

Personally having 2 is turning out a lot easier than I first feared!x

thank you both!

So ladies what is the best way to help the elder baby adjust to having a new baby?
I'm planning on buying a gift for him from the new baby.

We have now told all family and friends that we are expecting another baby and everyone keeps saying 'oh you'll have your hands full' it's doing my head in!!! Want to tell the shut the hell up!

We get that-it is very annoying! I missed a phone call from my mum a few weeks back and said i was getting some bits done while DS was asleep when i rang back. Straight away it was well how do you think you will manage when you have two?

We get that-it is very annoying! I missed a phone call from my mum a few weeks back and said i was getting some bits done while DS was asleep when i rang back. Straight away it was well how do you think you will manage when you have two?

Yes I get things like that! When I say "oh B isn't have such a good today' they say 'oh well when you another you won't be able to give him as much time as you do now' Ahhhhhhhh!

Spoken to quite a few ladies at toddler groups recently who have said that the more you have the easier it gets lol! As they just entertain themselves and play together. They said the first few weeks are hard (but then they are hard anyway even when you only have 1?!)

What's the age difference going to be with yours?

hey my lil on is 11 months and due No2 in may 19 months when no 2 is born

There will be 25months between our 2.
We knew that we didnt want LO to be an only child so decided the younger they are it will (hopefully!) be better.

We also knew we didn't want an only child and so thought a close age gap is better than a large one as they will have more in common and family days out will be easier as they'll hopefully want to do similar things - also get all the sleepless nights out the way!

It's true ... the first 4 months were hardest for us (henry had colic and silent reflux) ... but after that he was a doddle and now they play together etc, so it's easy peasy :)

Only thing that is killing me at the moment is how Henry's gone from sttn to waking up .... DAMN TEETH! lol

Did you all have a double buggy? Anyone have a good one? We go off road a bit with dog so need something with good wheels that doesn't get stuck in the mud!!

We have been debating getting a double. For now we have decided to wait until the baby is here and see if we need one, hoping we can manage with the single for DS and sling the baby.
I would rather save the money if possible and we have no where to store a double-our single lives in the car boot and takes up all the space.

What cars do you drive? :shrug:

We have a kia grande carnival here in australia, its great & so spacious :thumbup:

We are looking to buy a new car when back in the UK...Any recommendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->