Little rant about ani-co-sleepers

ive research and heard both co-sleeping can reduce the risk of SIDs and that It can increase the risk of SIDS. so confusing! how did they come this conclusion? what test or study's did they run?

Here is some info on the risk of SIDS with cosleeping, they talk a little bit about the research that has been done showing it to be "more dangerous"

https://askdrsears.com/html/10/t102200.asp

thanks! ok so the couch is a no no got it! i slept with a baby on a couch before she was on my chest i was helping my cuzn with twins we slept on the couch and the FOB slept in the bed(i.hate.that.man)he couldnt be bothered helping with the twins or the 2 year old toddler. we had hard time settling them after feeds and they would only sleep out of there pack and paly...so note to self stay outta the chairs and couch.

ive research and heard both co-sleeping can reduce the risk of SIDs and that It can increase the risk of SIDS. so confusing! how did they come this conclusion? what test or study's did they run?

It is believed to reduce the risk of SIDS. The increased risk relates to accidental death from smothering for example - they are two completely different things.

know what gets me everytime "oh i couldnt co-sleep i'd be scared incase i rolled over on to them or the covers went over there head",....well dont f'ing co-sleep then see if i care just dont try and make me feel bad for doing it FFS! the "rod for your own back" thing gets me every time too! harry will sleep were i put him he doesnt care! i cant imagen i'll have problems when hes bigger, i co-sleep for me no one else! :lol:

My DH loves cosleeping just as much as I do. :shrug: I never had planned on cosleeping. I was actually recommended it by my pediatrician, a nurse, and the lactation consultant when I was having issues with breastfeeding. I don't see it as a 'marriage bed'. I see it as a place to sleep. We never have sex in bed to begin with(thats so boring:haha:). And it hasn't stopped or hindered our sex life one bit. Having a baby is what hinders the sex life, not the sleeping arrangements. My MIL asked us if we'd ever give her another grandchild since we cosleep. I'm like 'uhh who has sex in a bed these days?!' As if it's any of her business! :lol:

know what gets me everytime "oh i couldnt co-sleep i'd be scared incase i rolled over on to them or the covers went over there head",....well dont f'ing co-sleep then see if i care just dont try and make me feel bad for doing it FFS! the "rod for your own back" thing gets me every time too! harry will sleep were i put him he doesnt care! i cant imagen i'll have problems when hes bigger, i co-sleep for me no one else! :lol:

SOO agree with this. My brother had the nerve to say things like this and he didn't even have a baby! :growlmad: I say if you don't have a baby than you don't have any right to question what I do or don't do. :thumbup:

my midwife and breastfeeding counciller both recomended co-sleeping to me as well (and baby-waring!) the health visitor wasnt so sure but she gave me the "you know what to do and what not to do dont you?" talks!

I don't co-sleep but don't see any problems with doing so :) A friend of mine co-sleeps and she loves it :) I did the first few days and felt okay enough for her to be in her bassinett right beside us. I have heard too that it can increase and decrease the risk of SIDS :wacko: I heard to actual co-sleep isn't the best for SIDS that it is better to have the baby in your room but not in your bed... But everyone tells you differently, including doctors etc... so I feel you go with what you feel is best for you and your baby and who cares what other people say! :thumbup: I would never voice my opinion though (if it was anti-co-sleeping) as it's a little rude if you ask me. I find people are too quick to judge and voice their opinions in a negative way!

I have a new attitude to people saying "oh, you shouldn't do that!" And it's "I DON'T CARE!!!" I used it today and it worked!

I sleep better when LO was cosleeping (although it was DAMN uncomfortable!!!!) and now I wake at three in the morning and can't sleep till 6 or 7 even though she's right next to me in the cosleeping cot. :blush::haha::dohh:

She doesn't sleep next to me since I stopped BFing. :haha: She's like "no booby, no me!"

And I think (ESPECIALLY if you're BFing which is the NATURAL way) that co-sleeping is inevitable to a great degree. I'd be interested to know how many mums who breastfeed managed to NOT co-sleep.

ALSO my nana coslept, as did her nana etc. so I come from a long line of cosleepers who have genetically survived the dangers. I'm sorry if that's just nonsense but I think there's a valid point in there somehwere. :blush:

Us!! I'd have LOVED to co-sleep but when we did, when he was tiny - I'd have nightmares about rolling onto him and squishing him so much he'd shrink and disappear?!?! Sometimes I'd have moved him back into his moses basket and wake up unable to find him in the bed :wacko: at 12 weeks we moved him into his cot in his own room - he was such a noisy sleeper!! Sometimes in the early morning, I'd bring him back to our bed, but from about 5 months we couldn't do this anymore because he'd want to play and pull/scratch/grab us!! (We exclusively bf to 6 months, when we started weaning...and he is still bf now)

I'm working beside a lovely HV atm who casually told me while passing on heath promotion leaflets....now the advice is now NO babies in the bed. I have to admit I didn't even bother getting into discussion about it, I've learned to pick my battles over the years. I must be just about to collapse under the weight of this rod for my back.

tbh, when he's in the cot, I'm on edge cos I'm scared he'll stop breathing, but in the bed, I'm not lol, wierd I know!

Hehehe, same here! When we first started putting her down in her cot (about a month ago) after all the palaver we had trying to get her to sleep in her basket (didn't happen; she came in with us after a week of no sleep), I was checking on her constantly!

I still check on her quite a bit, now, TBH. And she's usually in with us by about half 5 anyway... :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->