little rant

Bug222

Mum to Iain and Brodie
Reaction score
Hope you don't mind a little rant...

A little back story- im 37+6 with my second child. I will be having a repeat c-section on the 27th of Aug. I have a spinal malformation that causes my pelvis to twist instead of the usual relaxing and opening... leading to excruciating pain and immobility. I have been off work and minimally able to walk since 23 weeks this time. I have been in prodromal labour on and off for almost two weeks now.

Yesterday my sister and mum were looking at the pictures of the maternity ward where I will be after the c-section and my sister makes the comment-

"so if you were going to do this the painful way you would be on this ward the whole time"

ummmm.. excuse me??? If I was going to do this the painful way???? Instead of the daily pain I have been in for months, instead of the major surgery I will have to ensure this rainbow arrives safely?

I really had no words and just walked away. Now it has been nagging at me and I have been realizing just how much the comment has upset me. I already feel like a failure.

no real point to this post... just needed to get it out.

Aaw hun how frustrating that's not what you want to hear. I hope your section makes thing easier, I'm sure it will, and the 27th Aug comes quickly!x

Im sorry she made such an ignorant comment, unfortunately people say really callous things about things they dont understand or have experienced. I wish people would be more sensitive to issues like this, Ive never had to have a csection thank God but its definitely not something Id want to have, it is major abdominal surgery and I have had abdominal surgery and it is certainly not easy to recover from let alone recover whilst taking care of a newborn! my life motto for ignorant people/comments as ive gotten older is to just let it roll off like water off a ducks back!

Sounds painful, is this something you were born with or is it a pregnancy related condition? If this is something you have had your whole life I'd have thought she would have been more understanding?

I feel for you hun, was it said in a nasty way or just a flippant comment? I wouldnt take it too much to heart, people say things like that trying to be funny. I would hope didnt mean to make you feel as if your medical condition was a lot less than what it is x

I'm sorry she said that to you! People can be such dicks and say sigh ignorant things. I'd love to see them manage to sit up in bed 5 times a night and carry a baby around with a 6 inch hole in one if their major organs and then tell anyone it's the easy option!

Sounds painful, is this something you were born with or is it a pregnancy related condition? If this is something you have had your whole life I'd have thought she would have been more understanding?

It is something I was born with- just is a lot worse in pregnancy

Thanks ladies. I don't think it was meant in a malicious way - just her being her usual self

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->