• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

I think we have some plain oats (I am guessing the blueberry ones won't work although he will smell scrummy lol) Will try it tonight!

Im not sure if olive oil would work as it would just sit in blobs in the bath.
Have you got any porridge oats? Put some in a sock and stick in the bath when running. Wash down with the sock and squeeze the juices out over their body.

Oh thanks for this idea!! We tried ground oats in the bath and it was a disaster :haha:

If you have room in your sigs, would you guys mind putting a link in? Spread the word n all :D

Trying to rearrange my already large sig!! :haha: Is this a food allergy specific thread, or all allergies (ie: hay fever??) Just want to specify! xx

Just kids with allergies, doesnt matter what kind, were all in the same boat really :)

I found Aveeno great for myself though :lol:

Do you guys get told not to bath everyday incase of drying them out?
We got told the opposite from the dermatology nurses and im inclined to agree as we still follow their rules.
Baths are fine every night as long as theyre not too hot, have some bath oil in and to only keep them in for 10 minutes.

I saw a dermatogist today and she advised daily baths

Adi has lost alot of weight he has dropped from the 50th to the 9th in 2 months but I'm putting it down to the fact he had 2 chest infections in a month and loads colds, they don't eat when they are ill. I don't bath Adi every day I do it every other day or I find it drys his skin out too much. Manuka honey cream is supposed to be good for the skin might try that, it's also good for there immune system over 12 months.

I will add it to my sig for you xx

Mumof4 i had a little tinker with your so the link says the words so people can see what the group is :blush:

I'm terrible at things like that even after people told me how to do my journal one, I still could'nt:confused:

Do you want one in for your journal? Link it here and the title you want and ill stick it in :)

Im thinking we'll need to use some steroid cream for a few days to get these sores down, theyre just not budging :( and whilst theyre there its hard to tell if hes still having flare ups or not with being soya free.

hi all, im emily and my toddler also has a milk allergy!

he was diagnosed with it on 8th of this month after months waiting for his referal and months of telling gps and HVs something was wrong.
his reaction is all in his skin, it flares up and burns also gets hives when its bad.
the doctor said his eczema was most probs due to it aswel!

heres a few pictures, some are not very good with the focus though!

leg.jpg

leg2.jpg

leg3.jpg

blury arm.jpg

hope everyone is well :flower:

Hiya all,

Connor has a cows milk protein allergy and soya intolerence. We found out at 4 months old after months of him screaming in pain, constant runs and constant sickness. He also has a couple of small patches of ecezma but thankfully nothing worse than those couple of patches.

Connor is on neocate active milk, his calcuim levels have also gone low so he has to have a calcuim supplement three times a day aswell as a dose of abidec vitamins. He is very small for his age and is a really slow gainer.

AG can you put a link in my sig? I would but i have no idea how

:hi: emilyjade and Jemma!

Emily: your poor little guy, how are you getting on with the factsheet i sent you?

Jemma, i have the same worries with Alex and growing, he seems so small compared to most and i have noticed hes not growing very fast in height and has dropped centiles with it! His weight however is on target.
I have done the siggy for you :)

Hi Jemma! :wave:

I am worried about Bun's calcium levels, but my doc has never advised me to get them checked. Is it just a blood test?? xx
I do give Bun orange juice with calcium added, as well as almond and rice milk with added calcium. He also breastfeeds 1-2x/day. The problem I have is that the OJ and milk both also have vitamin D and he shouldn't have too much of that.

It is so confusing, as if I supplement (doc says 80-100mg elemental calcium 1-2x/day) I need to subtract any calcium fortified things he drinks and it is soooo hard to tell exactly how much he's having. And I need to make sure his Vitamin D is not too high. Also the labels don't tend to tell you how much calcium/vitD per serving exactly, but what percentage daily value. And that is for an adult! Ack!

What/how do you supplement if you don't mind me asking?? :flower:

We dont have a problem with vitamin D as were in an area known for a deficiancy :dohh:

Hi :wave:

I've come to join you if that's alright :flow:

My Stephen is 6.5 months and has a lactose intolerance :( We didn't discover that's what was wrong until he ws 3 months. I took him back and forwards to the doctors, HV you name it but nobody would listen. I'm usually a strong person and it takes a lot to get to me but I'm sure you all know what it's like, when it comes to your kids it's a whole new ball game! He was colicy so I tried comfort milk, infacol, colief etc He was suffering with reflux too so we tried gaviscon but it didn't help, after a bit of an 'I can't cope with seeing my LO so poorly' breakdown I decided I would try and get to the bottom of it myself..... good old google, gotta love it!! I took him to the docs, told her I thought he was LI and wanted to try LF milk, she prescribed it and within a day or 2 I had a different baby :happydance: He still suffered with reflux a bit so we went back to the gaviscon and voila, problem solved.

Now that we are weaning I just have to be carefull to avoid any products which contain lactose but it's not too difficult. I'm really hoping it's something he will grow out of but we're just taking it one day at a time for now.

He suffers with excema on his face, mainly his chin. It tends to flare up but I have no idea what's causing it. The doctor has given us dioderm (hydrocortizone cream) to apply during flare ups and it seems to be heping, but I'd really like to know what's causing it.

Fantastic idea to start a support group, it can be such an upsetting time trying to figure things out, nice to have others to talk to in the same boat xx

well i am almost at the end of day 1 of dairy free and it is alot harder than i expected :( on the plus side I might just shift my lard arse thanks too it lol it is amazinf how many things have dairy in :(

Buttonnose - Let us know if we can help with meal ideas/recipes/etc! Everything I make is DF, so I have lots of recipes and dairy substitute ideas. I have been making DF versions of all OH's favourite things as well. You definitely have to cook more at home though - so much store bought/prepackaged foods have some kind of dairy! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->