lloyds tests?

Holly82

Mummy to 10
Reaction score
ok so I got my BFP last Thursday on a frer and clearblue. I was a day or two late for AF. Bought two packs of tests. Tested the day after with the next clearblue and it was really dark. The day after that, the Saturday I tested again and my frer looked lovely and dark. Promised myself I wasn’t going to stress out over darkness of tests, so vowed I wouldn’t buy anymore. Well l went against what I said and nipped to my local Lloyd’s chemist this morning and got a box of their cheap tests, the 10 mlu ones. I’ve not used them before.

Anyway I tested with one as soon as I got back home. I’d had a two hour hold and one cup of tea. I’m currently 20dpo and I got this result. I expected it to be at least as dark as the control line, but it’s not, so now I’m worrying and kicking myself. How dark do these tests go??? I’ve googled images on their positive results and the are all really faint.

A68FD294-A965-4E6B-803F-0E78C3E7F23B.jpeg

Well I went and bought a box of frers.

This is it after an hour hold and about 1 and half drinks xx

269A1923-2339-48B6-8FCC-C1BDB9CD38C7.jpeg

Keeping testing to measure the darkness of the line is a really, really bad idea - it just stresses you out. I know, because I've done it EVERY TIME! I've got one DS, had a MMC, two CPs and a blighted ovum... and I'm currently 24 weeks with DD. Every single time I have driven myself demented comparing lines.

If you're going to do it, you really must stick to the same brand as they have different levels of dye and different sensitivities. Even then, you're going to get wonky results that will have you panicking. Try to step away, but if you can't, stick to FRERs if that's what you began with.

Keeping testing to measure the darkness of the line is a really, really bad idea - it just stresses you out. I know, because I've done it EVERY TIME! I've got one DS, had a MMC, two CPs and a blighted ovum... and I'm currently 24 weeks with DD. Every single time I have driven myself demented comparing lines.

If you're going to do it, you really must stick to the same brand as they have different levels of dye and different sensitivities. Even then, you're going to get wonky results that will have you panicking. Try to step away, but if you can't, stick to FRERs if that's what you began with.

Thanks you for replying xx

Yes I totally agree with you. I absolutely said to myself I am not testing anymore. I’m just worrying all the time and I know it’s completely unnecessary. I’ve got a drs appointment on Friday and I’m assuming I’ll be having an early scan again as I have had a previous eptopic (I have had one normal pregnancy since). Just want to relax and enjoy this pregnancy xx

I hope your appointment and scan go well :)

Decided to use the last one.

2 hour hold.... darker? I swear this is my last test xx

0A3EA2C3-2CBA-422D-9733-0A3D0F6DD9B9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"