LO is latched on and other boobie leaks

sixzigma

Reaction score
This happens mostly in evenings and at nights (I am back at work so LO is on Expressed Milk during day time ) .-while he is latched on one boob the other one leaks a lot (so much so that it wets my shirt:dohh: .Does this happen to anyone else ? how do you deal with it ? is ther any way i can save that leaked milk ,using pump on one side while LO is latched on the other could be cumbersome.

I get this with every feed. Breast pads or breast shells are the only answer for me. The shells collect the milk. The other option is to maybe pump from the other boob at the sane time maybe?

During the day I wear a nursing bra with breast pads. At night I just put a muslin over the boob he isn't on. The leaking was a lot worse in the early weeks though and I used to have to sleep wrapped in a towel!

Yep, completely normal. During the day I wear a nursing bra, and it's usually not bad and if I get a little leak...oh well. I quit wearing breast pads a long time ago, but they were invaluable in the early weeks.

At night, I sleep with a burp cloth and just hold it on the other boob at first, but the end of the feed it is much less leaky.

I used to have to put a folder towel or nappy in my other bra side.

Now breast pads are enough.

there's something I've heard of called mommies milk savers (I think?) meant to help you save this milk. I've caught some before by putting a glass bottle under my nipple

I was like this with my first it was like a fountain on the opposite site everytime she nursed. This time around though I've had no leaking at all. I think you can get breast shells which collect the leaking milk, I looked into it with my first but could never find any where I live.

Not sure how old your LO is but totally normal. I use to have to hold a cloth firmly and tightly against the breast I wasn't nursing. Using firm pressure I found kept it from leaking....eventually your body figures it out and it will stop.

Happens all the time for me..I buy breast pads all the time! I leak when ever I get too full and also when let down reflex starts :-( I have caught and stored some

Yep, normal:) im four months in and still happens! I use breast pads when wearing a bra and just a receiving blanket covering my boob at night or when im going commando:)

thanx ladies ...onto my search for breast shells ..

Ds is a little over 3 months btw !

This is totally normal. It happened to me for a long time! Just press a cloth on the other breast and it will stop. It lessens in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->