• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LO is naturally switching to one breast?!

rose.

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Since the beginning Alfie has always preferred my right breast. I have always managed to get him to nurse from the left side eventually but it's just been harder if he is in a fussy mood of if we are out and about (I find cradle position hard on the left side so we usually do football). Recently he has started to nurse more and more from the right side and less on the left side. I have now noticed that the right breast seems to become full a lot quicker - it becomes noticeably full a few times a day, so much so that I have to feed or hand express to make it comfortable, whereas the left doesn't really become engorged at all.

LO seems to be gaining weight fine and is satisfied between feeds. Do I need to worry about my left breast or should I just let Alfie do what he is happy doing? I know that the supply in my left has probably already reduced but as the right seems to be compensating fine is it an issue?

There is nothing wrong with my left - no blocked ducts etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->