lol got it wrong...am 3/5 - 2-5 engaged lol!!

Rozz1e1

Pregnant :D
Reaction score
Lol good job i read my notes lol!! I thought i was 4/5 and im not lol! Fingers crossed baby will be here soon!! Xxxxx

Rozz...i know this is a bit thick but what does it actually mean 4/5ths etc? I was told i was 4/5ths a few weeks ago and im pretty sure bubs head is not properly engaged...well hasnt been, maybe now :shrug: but is 4/5ths engaged more than 3/5ths or is it the other way round?? Sorry, its probably really obvious :dohh::blush: x

Lol i only know cos i looked it up lol!! 5/5 is free so head not in pelvis, 4/5 is nearly on the brim of the pelvis, 3/5 is on the brim of the pelvis but most of head felt out of pelvis, 2/5 is in pelvis but still palpaple and 1/5 or 0/5 is completely fixed head in pelvis lol so 3/5 is more than 4/5 if that makessnse lol!! Its v confusing isnt it lol!! Xxx

Ahhhhh thanks hun :hugs: i was sooo confused :wacko: LOL i honestly thought 4/5ths might mean his head was almost all engaged :dohh: hehe so your LO is almost there then hun :happydance: exciting :happydance: and now i will stop telling people he is 4/5ths engaged as if it means he's nearly here haha!!! :blush:

If you look on your notes, it should say 'palp' or palpable next to the numbers. At my 36 week appointment, babies head was 4/5th palpable which meant 4/5 could be felt outside of my pelvis still. At my 38 week appointment last week, baby was 4/5 engaged which meant he or she has moved right down and only 1/5 could still be felt above my pelvis. It is a bit confusing and different midwives use it in different ways, Best thing to look for is the palp or eng note next to the numbers xxx

Thanks Bun :flower: just had a look at the notes and it says Ceph next to it?? :wacko: i think it must mean palpable though cos it says 4/5ths Ceph at the notes from my 28 week appointment too :dohh: i just never noticed it before LOL :dohh:

Ceph means cephalic which just means head down! X

Lol it is so confusing!!! All i know is bump is getting lower, baby feels like she is going fall out of my lady bits and iv been getting v painful cramps so she is deffo getting lower lol!! Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->