London for a few days westend shows/hotel/how to travel/what to do?

topsy

Reaction score
I got some money for my birthday and am THINKING of going to London with a friend in Oct for 2 nights. Probably week days.

We would like to see a westend show. Where the best place to get tickets from? the theatre direct? (We were thinking about Wicked... but dont really care) Know theres a box office near/in Leicester sq but would you really risk leaving it till the day/day before?We dont care what seat we get ( wont be able to afford the most expensive)

What else would you do in London? If you were going?

We went shopping in Jan for the day My friend Loved the book shop foyles. I LOVE covent garden.

I am going to exchange ALL my tesco vouchers for our meals, so 2 meals will be paid for ( bar drinks) Where else would you eat?

We come in a Liverpool street- will be booking Train tickets 12 weeks in advance to get them cheap :)

I have stayed in travel lodges and the st giles hotel, would you recommend anywhere?

I LOVED Grenwich market-we got the boat down there, is it cheaper to get a rover day pass or book in advance anyone know? The food there was amazing.

What would you do IF you had a 2 days in London?

Are oyster cards best or a day travel card for the underground?

I know there have obviously been the recent terror attacks in London BUT we both refuse to be put off ( as they would be wining) . SO we are going :) :) :) :)

Any help would be great? xxxx

I'm going to see the Lion King in London, staying for 2 nights - TBH I want to get there and home as quick as possible!!

Interested in the replies though.

OH have a lovely time Hun I want to see that :) its supposed to be really good :) xxx

Try lastminute.com for theatre tickets if you don't mind which seats. Or see tickets is good. The half price ticket booth in Leicester Square is good if you're not fussed about which shows to see. Lion king, phantom of the opera and les miserables are all amazing, as is Miss Saigon if that's still on.

Les Miserables and Wicked are good, Camden Lock market is interesting, Covent Garden is nice. I'm sure someone living in London can advise you better, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->