London...

daddiesgift

Mom of Two
Reaction score
Planning a trip to London in April..never been to England before :happydance: We live in Germany as of now. We will be flying Ryanair if anyone knows of it. Just some questions for anyone who has been to London or lives there!

1. Where are some nice, baby friendly, not expensive hotels to stay in? That are located to some attractions?

2. What are some easy ways to get around that are not too expensive.

3. What attractions should we see?

4. Good places to eat?

5. Anyone heard of this London Travel Card? https://www.londonpass.com/london-transport/index.html

6. How is the weather in April?

And anything else you want to tell me :) We are not trying to spend too much money since we get paid in Dollar, but we pay in Euro for everything here and London is in Pounds and if anyone knows the dollar is not doing so well :haha:

Most galleries and museums are free in London. The British History Museum, The National Art Gallery, The V&A Museum, The Science Museum, Tate Modern... They're all free :thumbup: London is seriously the easiest city to amuse yourself in lol. Then there's things like the London Eye, which you have to pay for. Google it and see what takes your fancy :)

Cheap places to stay are Premier Inn, they're all over the country so you'll be able to find one exactly where you want one. I'm not sure what I can liken it to in Germany that you might recognise, but they're a chain of boring but cheap, safe, clean hotels. Perfect! lol

The tube is the most convenient way of getting around, and is probably the cheapest. Not entirely sure on this one as I live outside of London, but when we go there we always just get the tube.

The weather will unpredictable :rofl: I couldn't tell you what it would be like in April. Could be raining, could be dry, could be cold, could be hot... Last year we had the hottest weather over Easter, but most years we have the infamous 'April showers' so who knows! Just be prepared for every eventually I'd say :haha:

Have loads of fun!! The one thing I'd prepare for is the cost of food and stuff there. Compared to where I live (about an hour and a half out of London) it's a lot more expensive. But it's a lovely city full of character. You'll love it!! :hugs:

x x

Weather in april....hmmm in 2007 we had SNOW in april and then in 2011 we had a heatwave in april so it really can change lol. It is more likely to rain though :p

Tower of london is worth a visit xx

Consider a serviced apartment. We stayed in one when Em was 16 months and it was a great way to see London. You have your own kitchen so emergency washing (!!!), preparing food etc is easy and you have a lounge to sit in when your Lo is in bed.

The natural history museum is excellent and free.

Hamleys toy store well worth a mosey.

The London eye also (book in advance).

April is touch and go. I would wrap/layer up!

If you can plan your days, I would personally walk around if possible. The tube isnt that cheap and we often just get a cab instead of the tube. Its not that much more £.

The natural history museum is excellent and free.

Hamleys toy store well worth a mosey.

The London eye also (book in advance).

April is touch and go. I would wrap/layer up!

If you can plan your days, I would personally walk around if possible. The tube isnt that cheap and we often just get a cab instead of the tube. Its not that much more £.

Agree with everything apart from getting cabs! If you are using oyster the tube is the cheapest way to get around, it has a daily limit so you can't go over a certain amount.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->