Long and Winding Road

auntiesarah25

Reaction score
There is a lot going on right now and even though we have decided not to set a date until AFTER lo is born I can't help but start thinking and planning and hoping about what our wedding will be like. I get the feeling this is something I'll basically be planning alone - which is okay with me - but I feel like I should get as big a head start as necessary since I have ZERO clue where to start. :wacko:

Plus, I know I'll need to vent, brainstorm and take a breather with other ladies who are going through the same thing and I truly love BnB :hugs:

So I have two ideas. The first one is a later wedding with reception decorated with white Christmas lights or candles everywhere giving a soft glow, serve dinner - not sure what - and just let everyone party until they are done.

OR idea #2 is an 11:00 am wedding with lunch reception. Sandwich/subs, potato salad, chicken salad, pinwheels, chips and dip, lemonade, tea, pop - buffet style and cheaper than a dinner! Have it end after a few hours and invite a few really close family and friends to meet us at a campground that we have out here for a bonfire, drinks, and whatever. DF and I could use his grandparents camper so we could have privacy and a site away from the rest so we could still have that secluded alone honeymoon feeling. I really like idea #2. DF says he has no clue, whatever I want!

Thoughts?

We have two wedding venues in mind. One is $600 for the ceremony and $800 for ceremony and reception. They decorate. Cheapest food package is $12 per person and that doesn't include drinks. The ceremony would be outdoor, on a gazebo, with a river and trees in the background. Reception would be indoor. They have cabins available but I don't see any of our guests actually wanting to pay for them - they'd rather bring tents or campers if they were going to stay overnight.

The other venue isn't really a venue. It is a campground, hiking, nature trail, area. There is a short trail that leads to a clearing which is where I imagine the wedding. It has an indoor pavillion with picnic table and a fireplace - but the fireplace is in the middle of the room and makes it awkward for us to have the reception in there. We could have the reception outdoor I'm sure. There is also a small campground there so people could stay the night if they're too intoxicated to leave. There are also fire pits so we could have a bonfire that night which I like the idea of. The campground is cheap, the venue is open to members of the community and their guests. DF's grand parents live in the community and so does my sister. It'd probably be free or under $500 to rent it for the day! However we would have to decorate ourselves - not a big deal at all.

DF is adamant that we need to serve alcohol at the reception :shrug: I don't have a preference. I'd prefer to stick to wine and beer but he says no, there has to be Jim Beam and Captain Morgan available :wacko:

I hope the second venue is available for a reasonable price because that is the one I would really prefer. We would just have to figure out the menu then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->