Long Cycle Ladies Journeying Through Pregnancy Together Toward Our Rainbows!

How is this pregnancy going ksquared? How old is your first now?

Texmel have you had your baby yet? I’m thinking you must have.

We are talking about trying for a third. On one hand it seems soon but on the other hand good to have our third and have them all close together in age. I guess there are pros and cons to it!

I’m also already missing the little baby stage! My second is 14 months now! And my first will be 3 in November. Can you believe it’s been that long already?!

Hi crazycatlady! I can't believe that your 2nd is already 14 months! If you guys had your 3rd now, that'll be a larger age gap than your 1st and 2nd so if you feel the timing is right then go for it :). I always thought 2-3 years apart was a good gap - not too close and not too far. But then again, everyone has their own ideas on that so it's up to you!

I'm doing well! I'm already 19 weeks along (tomorrow) and we found out we're having another little girl! I'm pretty excited for DD to have a little sister, and to be able to reuse her old baby clothes :haha:. In the last week I've really started feeling her kick so that's been fun :cloud9:. We also just bought a house! We took a couple of weeks to fix it up and we were living with my parents during the transition, but last night was our first night in the new house. So surreal to have a big house to raise our girls in! We were living in a condo and it was just too tight, plus it didn't have a yard for DD. She absolutely loves being outside and especially playing with water so my parents got her a kiddie pool! She's going to love it!

Fantastic! So great you got a house, still in California? How does this pregnancy compare to your last? Great you’re having another girl!

I’d love a little girl lol, hoping next pregnancy is a girl...

I know I must be crazy to be thinking three already! At least my oldest will be starting preschool this fall...

It’s hard with my husband being in the army to plan things though. We never know when he’ll be here or away, he’s away this fall which is when I was originally thinking of starting to try. So we just thought we’d try for a couple of months before, if it doesn’t happen then we’ll have to wait till winter which will give us a bigger age gap.

Wow! Had to tell you ladies! I just took a pregnancy test - I’m pregnant with number three! Oh my goodness!

Ahhh!!! Congratulations!! Wow, that didn’t take much time. I’m so happy for you!!!!!!!! And just before your hubby is away, so right in the nick of time!

And I’m so sorry I didn’t reply to your August post. I never got an email, darn BnB! Yep our house is just about 10 minutes from our old condo. DD loves having so much room and being able to go outside! The weather just started feeling more like fall after a really hot summer, so it feels so nice right now. I just hit the 3rd tri this week! Crazy how fast the 2nd one is coming vs the 1st!

I lost the baby ;( heartbreaking. I would’ve only been 5 weeks along I guess or just under, is that called a chemical pregnancy I guess? It was devastating anyway. My husbands away until December so my mom has come to stay with me for a little bit to help me. I guess we’ll try again once my husband is home.

Oh crazycatlady, I’m so sorry. A loss is so devastating. I’m glad your mom is there since your husband is away. I’m sure it helps to have someone there.

I think a chemical is if you have a positive test but then it doesn’t stick so you don’t actually miss your period. So I think your loss would be called a miscarriage. But a loss at any stage is awful. You know that I know exactly how you feel, so if you need anything I’m here. For me the hormones really threw me for a loop for a couple of months. But hopefully at 5 weeks it’ll be less. I would just break down crying because I just felt sad a lot. Sending you lots of love and good thoughts <3.

Thanks. Yeah it feels heartbreaking. I just feel like there’s a dark cloud over everything.

How did you cope? Like I just don’t know how to feel normal again.

I totally understand that feeling. I was at Disneyland, my happiest place, trying to cheer up and I just kept crying. I think snuggling your little ones will help. Honestly the only thing I could do was hold my husband’s hand as much as possible, but I know yours is away. But on the loss boards everyone was saying to snuggle the kids you have (which at the time was hard for me to hear since we didn’t have any kids yet). Talking about it also helped me. I talked to some close friends but I didn’t know anyone close to me who’d also suffered a loss, but if I did I think that would have been helpful. I’m sorry, I wish I had some more helpful hints. It just took a bit of time. Maybe you could take a bit of time to do something you really enjoy, get some me time in.

No that’s helpful to hear. My boys are really comforting to me actually. I feel bad for my husband being away because he doesn’t have them there for comfort. I can imagine that would be really hard to hear when you haven’t had kids yet. I think suffering a loss before having kids would be even worse.
I know I really wish my husband was here, I think that would be easier on both of us. I do have one friend here who has also miscarried and she’s been amazing.

How long after were you in Disneyland? That would be hard. I actually love it too, we went there on our honeymoon. And it is hard to think about going through that there.

I’m glad you have a friend who’s been through it before and you can talk to. I found out a few weeks ago that one of my friends went through a loss too, so I was glad that I could be that friend for her if she needed me. They’re trying for their second and she said being busy with her son helped her keep her mind busy too. Oh yeah that must be tough for your husband being away. Mine said that he was sad because we had tried for so long but to him the baby was still just an idea, not as real to him as it obviously was to me. So he was mostly just was sad for me.

The Disneyland trip was just under a month afterward. Since I had the D&C and was farther along I’m sure it was mostly my hormones being all out of whack that kept me feeling sad for so long. Mentally I felt like I should be doing better, and yes certain things would trigger it like seeing a cute baby or someone announcing their pregnancy on Facebook (at Disneyland it was being on fast rides and the seatbelt pushing against my abdomen that reminded me that the baby wasn’t there), but mostly the dark cloud that persisted for a couple of months seemed to be largely from hormones. So my guess is you’re battling that too. I hope that your body can regulate itself quicker than mine did.

How are you doing now and how was your Christmas? We are starting to try again. Hoping it doesn’t take long! We have a crazy year ahead of us, possibility of moving in the summer and my husband will be away for work a lot again!

Well didn’t take long! Just had positive test again! Hoping it sticks this time!

Incase any of you are still checking.... I’m 34 weeks now, planned c section one month today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->