• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Long cycles and the tww

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA over the weekend. I'm currently CD4. AF is winding down and I'm making plans for a baby "makation" for the weekend after next. Should be fun!

How's everyone else doing? Any change for those of you waiting for AF or waiting to test? Oh man, I hate the TWW! Hopefully this cycle will be even shorter than my last one. People with regular 28-day cycles are so lucky!

I thought I got AF yesterday (January 11). Now, I'm not so sure. It seems to have stopped. I'm not quite sure what that means...it seemed too heavy to be implantation bleeding. :shrug: I guess I'm back to more waiting to see what it is my body wants to do.

And I agree, ksquared - women with 28 day cycles are lucky. I used to think I was the lucky one back in high school since I didn't have periods as often as my friends. TTC has definitely made me realize that they were the lucky ones.

I totally agree aidensmomma! I thought the same thing in highschool!

Ksquared where are you vacaying too? Great idea!

I'm thinking I just ovulated 2 days ago, had that af feeling and cm leading up, then felt that pain in my side even more so during bd two days ago. That seems to fit more with timing of my cycle if I have a normal length lp too.

So I think I'm still pretty near the start of my tww. Don't know when I'll start testing since my Dh is away 23-25 and if I'm thinking positively and hoping for a bfp I want him to be here when I find out, and I don't know if I can hold out till he's home so that makes me want to test earlier before he's gone.

Hey ladies! Sorry I have been MIA as well! Started getting nauseous last night and threw up, so I thought it was a good sign...turns out no. I have the stinking flu!!! And my dd is now running a fever 😔. Dang!!
I'm not thinking it's going to happen for me this month. I'm approximately 12dpo and even though DH hid my tests, I found them with ease and took a test Monday 😳...I was so excited because I got a BFP! But took a test the next morning and got a BFN 😞. So after that little roller coaster, I decided not to test until I am very late. Hurts too much! False positives suck!!

Anyways, moving on and up! Hoping AF gets here soon so I can get started on it all over again!!
You said it, ksquared!! I would LOVE a 28 day cycle!!!
Crazycatlady--I hope you get that BFP!! Try to NOT be like me and wait until he gets back! It will be that much better to share a nice homecoming with the news ;-) Good luck!

Can you get false bfps?? I have only heard of false bfns. That seems unfair!

I've been off and on nauseaus most days,... Hope I'm not over analyzing and that it means something!

Totally unfair, but yes. False positives happen, and it was pretty clear...it was pretty sad to see that blank space the next day. Could have just been a faulty test. Stinking cheapies!

Are dry burning eyes a symptom? Cause my eyes are killing me, I would guess an allergy except I've never got allergies before...

Sorry to hear about the flu and the false BFP! Man, what a bum week. Fingers crossed your spotting was a good sign! Hopefully it wasn't a false BFP and you had a false BFN! Maybe test on a FRER next time?

Crazycatlady - Fingers crossed your nausea is a good sign! It might just be luteal phase symptoms at this point if you're only a couple of dpo. I haven't heard of burning eyes as a symptom, but everyone's body is different. Hopefully you'll get some implantation bleeding in a few days and have a clearer sign. I agree about waiting to test. Those BFNs hurt.

For me, AF is over and hopefully I'll enter my fertile window late next week :). Two days ago I got some intestinal issues really bad. I couldn't move for a few hours, and had super bad and painful diarrhea. Thinking it was a touch of food poisoning. I really hope it wasn't a Vitex issue. After having those terrible cramps one morning last week, it makes me wonder. Sticking with it though and hoping I ovulate a few days earlier than last time.

Ksquared, there's a vitex symptom thread that I just noticed as I was scrolling, made me think of you. Fx for this cycle for you!

Yeah I'm either 6 or 10 dpo depending on which O symptoms I go by. It is probably too soon. I would never have connected the eye burning thing but when I told my cousin (who doesn't know we're trying), she asked if I was pregnant.... Made me think about it!

I'll look for that thread - thanks! I'm on another Vitex thread but most people just started taking it.

Interesting about the eye burning. Hopefully it is a sign! FX!

I'm on CD 9 today. I had some strong ovulation pain two nights ago and a little egg white CM, which makes me worry that I already ovulated! That would be really odd since last cycle was on CD 19, and before Vitex was CD 23-ish. Hopefully it was just a surge of hormones after AF finished and that I actually O next week. I'm going to try BD-ing every other day at least so we catch it. We're also planning a baby "makation" for next weekend. Just a one night trip and it might be after I O, but it will still be fun! Hopefully if it's after, then it will help me relax for implantation. FX!

kburt - sorry to hear that you had the flu and a false bfp. What a horrible week! I hope this week goes better for you :flower:

ksquared - Hopefully you didn't ovulate yet so you can catch that eggy. I love the idea of a "baby makation" :haha:

AFM - CD48, still waiting on AF or a BFP. I had that light bleeding on January 11 and then I had a little spotting on January 14 and nothing since. I'm not sure what's going on. I plan on testing again tomorrow and if I get a BFN, I'll be making a doctor appointment for this upcoming week to demand a blood test and see if they can figure on what's going on with my cycle. This is the longest one I've had since July 2014. :nope:

CD62 BFN this morning with FMU. Still Waiting on bfp or af.

Love the baby makeation idea ksquared!

Fx for you aidensmomma!

Babyhopes have you been to the dr about the length of your cycle?

Love the baby makeation idea ksquared!

Fx for you aidensmomma!

Babyhopes have you been to the dr about the length of your cycle?

Yes. I'm just very irregular. I got a bfp back in September at CD 103 but it ended in a mc.

Hi all,

Can I join the convo, I too have extremely long cycles because of PCOS, I'm currently cd72 and according to my bbt charting I am 10/11DPO, I'm symptom spotting like mad and I have been cramping since 4/5DPO (on and off) which means I don't hold out to much hope.

I am going to wait till Wednesday to test, if I can hold out that long (it's sooo very tempting)

Do you guys use natural remedies to help your cycles or are you guys on medication for it?

Hope I can join in with you guys, some moral support would be lovely, it can seem like such a lonely journey sometimes

T

So this just happened....

Three tests, all positive! Taking a digital in the morning!

:happydance: :cloud9: :bfp:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 19
Congrats kburt! Nice looking line there :) Fx for the digital, hopes its a nice sticky bean for you!

Yay!! Congrats Kburt!! :bfp:

Hi HopefullyOpto! Welcome! FX for your test on Wednesday. Having such long cycles is the pits. I've been using Vitex to help with my long cycles after doing some online research. It's a natural remedy and I ordered it on Amazon. I'm on my second cycle with Vitex and it shortened it from 51 days to 41 days this last time. Had some really intense cramps one morning and awful diarrhea/intestinal pain a few days after that so those might have been side effects. But mostly all is good with Vitex. I'm going to the OB/GYN on Thursday and I'll talk to her about it. I'm hoping to get checked for PCOS myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->