• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Long cycles and the tww

BabeAwait - I've read that it's slow to build, so I've been taking Vitex throughout my cycle. I saw the OB/GYN (who was great!) and she said to stop taking it when I get a BFP and she'll give me capsules to insert that release progesterone so that doesn't drop when I stop the Vitex. But we still have blood draws to do to see if I have low progesterone in the first place. She also gave me information on this registry where I can check any herbal remedy or drug and its effects on pregnancy. Looks like I either call or email and they send me info back. I'll let you know what they say about Vitex. My original thought once I got a BFP was to drop to 1 Vitex a day instead of 3 just so I don't go completely cold turkey.

HopefullyOpto - I'm sorry to hear AF showed her face! Fingers crossed for a Valentine baby!

Crazycatlady- Fingers crossed for a BFP next week!!

I'm now pretty sure that yesterday was O day. Tons of eggwhite CM and O pain and this morning my temp was definitely dropped. Totally used my husband to get one more BD in but I keep worrying we didn't do enough and he was so tired and not in the mood all week. I guess we got every other day. I just wish we did it yesterday morning when I had the most eggwhite CM!

Ksquared, don't worry you haven't done it enough, every other day seems fine and the fact that sperm can live for up to 5 days if the ewcm is accommodating, I'm sure it will be enough.
So ksquared, another tww coming your way :) I hope you get that BFP! So exciting!!

Crazycat- do you know how many dpo you are? FX for you that you get a bfp soon

Hopefullyopto- I'm sorry the witch came :-( we ought to burn that B at the stake

Ksquared- thanks for all the info! I really appreciate your help. :) I bet you dtd enough for there to be plenty of strong swimmers left. ;-)

Afm- looking for a new dr right now. I'm kind of leaning towards going to a birthing center in my area with midwives who do the whole shabang of female care. I'm very health conscious, I exercise and eat a low gi diet for my pcos. After my temp drop it has been elavating for two mornings now but not quite out of my normal range. I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic.

BabeAwait - Welcome! :flower: I remember seeing you around the WTT forums. :) I hope your search for a new doctor goes well.

HopefullyOpto - Sorry to hear the :witch: got you.

ksquared - I think every other day definitely good. Like others have said, sperm can live up to five days in the right environment, so I think you've got your bases covered. :)

Crazycatlady - You're not out until the witch shows up! FX for a BFP!

AFM - 5dpo today. Not feeling any different, but I'm not too concerned about it. Trying to stay positive :) I went and saw my doctor on Wednesday and she gave me a medication to start my period. I'm unsure about taking it, though. I am so confident I finally ovulated, so I think I might just wait this one out. I finally ordered some OPKs and cheapie pregnancy tests, so they should arrive shortly before I test (February 1st) :happydance: I'm not feeling too confident about this cycle. OH has been really tired and stressed, so we didn't BD as much as I would have liked, but we did get a couple times in around my fertile time. So maybe we got lucky.

Good luck on your next cycles ladies!

I might be joining you soon - slight spotting this afternoon. I think af is coming. I feel like it's too late to be implantation. As for the symptoms - maybe they are just related to a normal cycle? I don't think I've ovulated until this month in the past 9 years since I've always been on bcp until this past sept so maybe I just don't know what's normal for me? I don't know - I think this is af on it's way though.

BabeAwait - good luck with the Dr hunt, most of maternity care around here is midwife led so you might be on the right track, but it really is about whatever works best for you.

Aidensxmomma - good luck in you tww I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say hopefully AF stays clear and you get your BFP!

Crazycat - sorry to hear the witch is on her way, don't get disheartened, it probably means we will be having a similar cycle so we can be cycle buddies!

Afm- my temp took a dive like I expected, I'm looking forward to seeing how my cycle reacts with the tea.
Am I right in saying that all you lovely people are in the US, that's probably why we post at such different times :)

Thanks everyone :). I really hope we caught it! It's hard to imagine those little swimmers still moving in there for days. We're going on our overnight trip today, which is perfect timing for implantation so I'm hoping being happy and having fun will help if I have a fertilized egg traveling right now! I feel like the quality of my eggwhite CM was really good and lots of it (sorry tmi), and my temp has been a little higher this whole cycle, and a good dip yesterday morning with a jump back up this morning that signals O. I have my blood draw for hormone level testing on Thursday like my doctor suggested, CD 21. Will probably be symptom spotting soon too so you guys can help keep me sane in my TWW, lol.

BabeAwait - Last cycle, it took a few days before my temp really started rising too. This time, mine jumped up right away but only by about .6 degrees fahrenheit since the dip yesterday. It's at the top of my normal range but not out of it yet. Not sure if it's necessarily a bad thing if it doesn't rise right away, but that's what happened with me. Good luck with your doctor search!

Aidensxmomma - Good luck with the rest of your TWW! That's nice that you have the medication as an option for those really long cycles if you're just waiting for AF and it won't come. I've been there! FX you guys got lucky!

HopefullyOpto - So does that mean AF officially showed up :witch:? I'm glad you're feeling optimistic about this next cycle. I'm eager to hear how the tea helps too. Yes, I'm in the U.S. in Southern California. Where are you? It's so awesome that we can all talk to each other from all over the world :flower:.

Ksquared - I'm based in London, United Kingdom, so very far away! It is pretty cool how we can all share our stories from all over the globe :)
AF indeed got me with full force yesterday, pains like no other but I'm ok with it, I know it's going to take longer with PCOS so I'm trying not to get worked up about it.
It will be good to have a chilled out weekend so you can't hopefully plant that little embryo :) and we are here to keep you all sane during your tww so fingers and toes crossed for you :D

Yes good luck ksquared!

Really thin tiny bit of spotting for me again this morning..... I never used to spot before af but I guess things change a lot when you come off the pill so I'm guessing the witch is near! This is just cd 42 though, so if it is af it's six days earlier than last month, so I'm surprised as I didn't do anything to try and shorten it. I should go to the dr as I don't know of any reason why I'm having difficulty :( we bded a lot and gave it a good try this month... Oh well I can enjoy a few glasses of wine this week I guess.

Crazycat - if AF is not here then I wouldn't count yourself out, the fact that it's slightly different to the norm might be a good thing. The BCP messes all your hormones up so it could be the fact that there is less in your system and that's helping bring your cycles more regular, if the witch decides to ruin your day today then don't loose hope, we are all here for support and know what your going through. I obviously hope she doesn't and you get that lovely BFP! :)

Thanks hopefullyopto, how long have you been ttc?

It really does help to have you guys here to go through this with. My best friend is pregnant now so I can't really talk to her about it in the same way I could when she was ttc. My Dh is away for work this weekend too. I haven't had any more spotting since this morning. I'm nervous every time I go to the washroom! It's pretty pathetic haha. It probably is af but the longer this goes on waiting for it to really show up the more hopeful I am, but I don't want to totally get my hopes up and then feel ridiculous and let down if the witch does show up!

Crazycat - I actually haven't been TTC for that long, I did come off of BCP in August after taking it for 8 years! It's probably been since Nov but only one cycle because my last was 70+ days. For me bbt'ing is the way to go as I can start to see patterns on my chart and I'm hoping that it will tell me whether I actually ovulated!
My closest friend is also TTC at the moment, and I know if it happens to her before me I will be sad but also elated! It's natural, you can't help how you feel and this is why you have us guys on here because it's easier to confide in a stranger about things like this.
If AF is not here then your still in the running :) if she comes just accept it and move through (easier said than done I know) you will get there. We all will and as my DH says "it will mean it's all the more deserved when it does happen"

Thanks, it totally makes it easier to come on here!

And yep, woke up to Af!

But - this cycle was only 42 days! Much better than my last 48 day cycle!

We've been off bcp for around the same time, I went off in sept and was on it for nine years! I wonder if that's contributing to the long cycles. I kind of dove into ttc right away , rather than giving my cycles some time to normalize.

Hey crazycat sorry she got you, what a meanie!!
I'm glad to hear your cycle is shorter this month, and 100% yes the BCP can massively effect the length of your cycle, my Dr told me that it could take a year for any normality so that ontop of PCOS = long irregular cycles. Wouldn't it be great is we got our BFP's around the same time!
Fx for good cycles this month. Do you temp by the way?

No I haven't been temping. I haven't been to the dr yet to talk about my cycles so I think I'll make an apt and go from there. I haven't used opks or done anything yet so may be time to start! This is my fourth cycle off so I think it's time!

Yes would be great to get bfps around same time and then we can support each other through pregnancy too!

No I haven't been temping. I haven't been to the dr yet to talk about my cycles so I think I'll make an apt and go from there. I haven't used opks or done anything yet so may be time to start! This is my fourth cycle off so I think it's time!

Yes would be great to get bfps around same time and then we can support each other through pregnancy too!

My Dr's surgery won't do anything until I have had a year TTC naturally which is sooo mean! I hope yours are better :)
You might not need a doctor but if it gives you peace of mind then it can't hurt, I don't really use OPK's as woman with PCOS have higher levels of the hormone that shows up on them so they can give you false positives quite regularly I have heard, I do temp though, you should give it a go it's really good to get a sense of what's going on. They are rather cheap to buy as well. But it's whatever suits you best, some people don't do anything as it makes them obsessed if they do. But I temp as it gives me peace of mind that I am ovulating.
I hope we get out BFP's soon it would nice to have a buddy to chat with about it!

Aidensxmomma - where have you disappeared to, you must be well into your tww now, fx for you :)

Aidensxmomma - where have you disappeared to, you must be well into your tww now, fx for you :)

I'm here, I'm here. :haha:

I've been super busy with college and a bunch of other stuff this week (a parenting class for my divorce, extra doctor appointments, etc.) so I've been neglecting the forum a little. This week should be a lot less busy, though, at least for the start of the week. :thumbup:

I'm not 8dpo, so definitely getting through the TWW now. I think I have a 15/16 day luteal phase, so my TWW is a little longer than most, but not by much. It's waiting to ovulate that's the huge problem.

Crazycatlady - I'm sorry to hear that AF got you :hugs:

HopefullyOpto - I think my doctor won't start doing anything until I have been TTC for a year as well, despite me having endo. I'm actually going to email her office today and see if they can tell me what the protocol is for that.

Aidensxmomma - it does indeed sound like you have been pretty busy, hope college is going will and your not under too much pressure. Fingers crossed this week will be a little less hectic for you :)
My luteal phase is also about 14/15 days so it's even more dragged out, hopefully this next week will be a quick one for you!
I don't get why Dr's won't help even with a diagnosis, it just seems so cruel, I'm sure if they were in the same position then they would be helping themselves straight away... Meh!
I am cd4 now and AF has almost faded, I'm really hoping I ovulate in the next two weeks it would be such an achievement!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->