• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Long cycles and the tww

Aidensxmomma - it does indeed sound like you have been pretty busy, hope college is going will and your not under too much pressure. Fingers crossed this week will be a little less hectic for you :)
My luteal phase is also about 14/15 days so it's even more dragged out, hopefully this next week will be a quick one for you!
I don't get why Dr's won't help even with a diagnosis, it just seems so cruel, I'm sure if they were in the same position then they would be helping themselves straight away... Meh!
I am cd4 now and AF has almost faded, I'm really hoping I ovulate in the next two weeks it would be such an achievement!!

I at least got a diagnosis from my doctor, but the problem is I'm not sure if it really matters. I'll probably still have to wait the year of TTC before I get any help conceiving, which sucks.

Keeping my fingers crossed that you ovulate within the next two weeks!

Hi everyone! Sorry I missed so much. My trip was really fun. We ate a lot and walked the beach and I even went for a cold dip in the ocean. There were waterslides at the pool, so that was fun (I'm such a kid at heart). I did have a couple of drinks too really spread out, so barely enough to feel it. I figured maybe I'd try that this time - who knows, maybe it will help things stick since many people get pregnant after drinking. If not, I'll try to avoid it next cycle. I definitely avoided the hot tub though, as tempting as it was!

My temp has been on the low end the last two days. Hoping it's an implantation dip. Also had some vaginal cramps for a full day straight. Not sure if that means anything. I've also caught a cold - sneezing, sore throat, stuffiness. And CM has been wet and thin, watery. No spotting, but I read that implantation bleeding happens between 6-12dpo? Only 4dpo today. Anyway, that's what's going on with me. It would be really awesome if we all got BFPs around the same time :).

Crazycatlady - So sorry AF showed up officially, but I'm glad your cycle was shorter this time! Progress without having to do anything. That's a really good sign that you might normalize on your own. Fingers crossed the doctor will run some tests for you and answer some questions.

aidensxmomma - Fingers crossed this next week goes quickly and then you get that BFP! I'm right there with you!

HopefullyOpto - Glad that AF is just about over and then you'll be approaching your fertile window. I hope it comes within the next 2 weeks too and you catch that egg!!

Hi ksquared, welcome back, so glad you had a nice time! Sometimes you need things like that to get away from the obsessing over TTC, and quite often it does wonders! So let's all hope that those swimmers found the egg and that you get a nice sticky bean this cycle. Not sure what your normal luteal phase it but Hopefully this next week won't drag too much for you.

Apparently I have heard that a cold is s good sign as it means your bodies immune system is adapting where necessary so Fx for you. That means that you and aidensxmomma are close in terms of test dates! Exciting!!

It's been so nice having all you in here, definitely makes the journey easier, I'm actually quite excited to see what my cycle does this month. My wonderful husband seems onboard but he is quite rightly concerned about it becoming too regimented as he doesn't want me to put to much pressure on myself and get upset if it doesn't happen as soon as I would like.

Anyway we shall see, I shall try and track my cm these next few months, I have to admit though I'm not too good a recognising the shift in cm so fingers crossed this month will be more obvious :)

Random question is hot tubs not good for fertility? :D

ksquared - Glad you had a good time on your trip. :) We're very close in our cycles - only 4 days difference. I'm really hoping time flies for us all :flower:

HopefullyOpto - I hope the cold is a good sign. Keeping my fingers crossed! I'm definitely glad to have all you ladies to share this journey with as well. It's so nice to have people who understand. :hugs:

I'm not sure about hot tubs. I know that men who are TTC should avoid them, and you should also avoid them while pregnant, but I don't think I've ever heard of women who are TTC avoiding them. :shrug:

AFM - I got some not so great news from my doctor's office today. I emailed them to ask them if I would still have to try for a year before getting fertility treatment or if it would be sooner because I have endometriosis. They emailed me back today, which is great that they got back to me so soon, but they said that I would still have to try for a year before they would look into any fertility treatments. So it's a little disappointing that I'll still have to wait a year, but at least now I know.

I'm really hoping it happens long before I need treatment, though. I just need to keep reminding myself that there's a good chance I'll conceive before a year is up. I get so disheartened sometimes, but I'm trying to change my thinking and stay positive.

Thanks, hopefullyopto! I've heard that about a cold too. FX! I'm eager for the next few days to see if I get some spotting to indicate implantation. Sometimes it's hard to imagine being pregnant - like it would be a miracle if it actually happens to me. And then other times I think we finally did it.

For the hot tub, I've read numerous places and my doctors had said previously to avoid them. The heat kills off sperm and I imagine it might damage a fertilized egg too. I just know all of the signs around hot tubs say pregnant women shouldn't use them.

Yes I love our group on this thread in particular! My husband was the same way, worrying that TTC would become like a chore. Sometimes it does feel that way, but because it's taken so long so far we're both just doing whatever it takes.

Most of the time CM is a little tricky, but the eggwhite CM should be obvious and that's the important stuff to track! :)

Aidensxmomma- I'm sorry to hear that you have to wait a full year. Such a bummer! Hopefully like you said you will conceive naturally much sooner. And we're all here for support!

Glad you had a great time ksquared! Sounds fantastic! Fx for a bfp for you, I hear all the time about relaxation doing the trick.

Hopefullyopto when do you expect to ovulate if all things go according to plan?

Sorry about your news aidensmomma, but hopefully you get your bfp before a year is up anyway!

I'm feeling a bit better about being out. Glad it was a shorter cycle for me. And my husband is working away a lot of weekends, but looking at my cycle dates he should be here when I ovulate if this cycle is similar to the last one, so I am really happy about that! That was one of my big concerns about getting a bfn last cycle! So I'll just enjoy a few glasses of wine and relax the next couple weeks until my fertile window gets here!

crazycatlady - I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Relaxing before your next fertile time is definitely a good plan. :) And I'm especially happy for you that your OH will be home when you O!

Hi all

Aidensxmomma - sorry to hear that you didn't get the best news from the doctor, seems ridiculous that they would make you wait a year even with the diagnosis! Just keep the positivity up and like you said you may not even need them and get your BFP sooner rather than later.

Ksquared - That makes sense about the hot tubs, luckily I have no need to avoid one as we have none anywhere around here, although we are planning on having our honeymoon in March/April so if I don't get pregnant by then I shall make sure I avoid. Fx for your implantation, I feel the same about the pregnancy thing, like it seems amazing to think what it would be like to actually see a positive test! Fx that will be you soon :)
I shall make sure I watch out for cm, I can't really recall a time when its been egg White in consitency, although I am really bad at keeping myself hydrated so I need to ensure I do that!

Crazycat - tbh I have no idea when I will ovulate, I'm hopeing it's the next two weeks. But as I have only had 3 cycles since September I don't think there is anyway to know. I shall carry on charting my temp and hope that the mint tea does its thing. Obviously I shall keep you all updated. Glad to hear your husband is about when you next think you will ovulate, thankfully my husband doesn't work away very often so he is at home 99% of the time and I don't think he will be complaining too much about BD'ing :p

I think my af is maybe over already , it's only been 2 days. It usually lasts 4 or 5 days! Seems weird...

I think my af is maybe over already , it's only been 2 days. It usually lasts 4 or 5 days! Seems weird...

That's strange, although not unheard of, mine is usually 5 days also. Is there anything different this month that might have contributed to it?

Crazycatlady - My best friend told me that before she found out she was pregnant, she had AF for two days and then it stopped completely. I'm not sure if it happened right when AF was due, but I think it was her implantation bleeding. So maybe, just maybe, that's what's happening with you?! Just a thought.

HopefullyOpto - thank you! I could just be overly cautious about the hot tub thing. Fingers crossed your honeymoon will also be a babymoon!!!

My temp has finally spiked. It went up and down a few days after O, and I wasn't sure about yesterday because I didn't sleep well so I wasn't sure if it was accurate. But this morning it's definitely spiked, even with me being sick and breathing with my mouth open all night. Ugh, my throat is so sore. No spotting or any big symptoms so far. Today is 6 dpo. I really hope my cold is a clue!

Aidensxmomma - how are you doing with symptoms? Do you have a test date? I though maybe this weekend when I'm 10-11 dpo. But I'm afraid of testing early and seeing that heartbreaking BFN. Today is 10 dpo for you, right?

Yeah I had always sort of imagined implantation was just light spotting but a girl I worked with last year said she got her af right before she found out she was pregnant too. She said it lasted for 2 days as well. Hmmm I just wonder, cause yeah it is totally gone, nothing today either. It was lighter than usual and more brown in colour like they talk about for the colour, but it was definitely more than spotting. Maybe I should test again in a couple days just to be sure??

Fx ksquared! I have had a lot of people get colds early on!

I think you should test. I've read implantation bleeding can be a bit more than spotting, and the fact that it stopped completely after two days is very promising!! FX!

Thanks for the good wishes! :)

Hello Ladies I hope I can join you. I'm currently on cycle day 51 and I ov'd on cd 47 or 48 according to FF...I don't temp it's too complicated to me I just need to better understand it I guess. I have been trying to conceive with DH for the last 15 months. I have 6 kiddos from 2 previous relationships. DH has none. I have clomid just waiting for me but of course AF won't show her ugly face. I feel like I'm wasting time just waiting around like this. GRR

Good luck to all of you ladies with everything.....I hope you all get your BFP.

BTW can you take clomid and vitex?

Crazycat - Fx that it is a late implantation, that would be sooo exciting if your BFP is on its way :) make sure you keep us updated!

Ksquared - glad to hear you got your spike, what cd are you now? As I have only temped for the one cycle I only saw the peak and steady increase in temp after ovulation so I didn't know if you have another one after ovulation also?

AFM I guess it's the waiting game now, I have started taking evening primrose oil for my cm just to help it should it need it. Continuing with the tea and multivitamins. I really hope I ovulate in the next 10 days! I just don't want to get my hopes up as its yet to happen since coming off the BCP...

Welcome coquis!

So you mentioned that you ovulated on cd47-48, if you don't temp how do you know? Do you use OPK's?
6 kiddies! Wow! You must be a busy lady.
Do you always have long cycles or Is it something that's new for you?
Unfortunately I know nothing about Clomid so I'm sure one of the other lovely ladies can help you with that.
They are not so quick to give you clomid if you are young and haven't been trying for long enough.
I hope we all get our BFP's soon!

Welcome coquis!

So you mentioned that you ovulated on cd47-48, if you don't temp how do you know? Do you use OPK's?
6 kiddies! Wow! You must be a busy lady.
Do you always have long cycles or Is it something that's new for you?
Unfortunately I know nothing about Clomid so I'm sure one of the other lovely ladies can help you with that.
They are not so quick to give you clomid if you are young and haven't been trying for long enough.
I hope we all get our BFP's soon!
In the UK I mean

Welcome, coquis! I'm also wondering if you normally have these long cycles. Well now that you're in your TWW, you're welcome to symptom spot with us, lol :flower:. I don't know much about clomid either, but I did hear back from this medical registry where you can ask about any drug or natural remedy and its effects on pregnancy. Apparently they don't have a lot of studies done on Vitex. They did say that studies in rats didn't show any definite complications of being on Vitex while pregnant, but they couldn't make a recommendation one way or another. You could try to ask them about Vitex and clomid together. But considering the limited info they had for me, I'm not sure if it'll help. It's worth a try, though. Here's the form to submit your question (my doctor told me about this service): https://www.mothertobabyca.org/email-an-expert/.

HopefullyOpto - Today was 7dpo. I don't know, this is the second cycle I've temped and last cycle I had the up and downs a few days after O too. Everyone else seems to spike right after O but I don't. It's so weird. At least tomorrow is my blood test, at CD 21, so hopefully I'll get some answers if either my hormone levels are whacky or if all is well. Maybe I'm just not good at getting accurate temps. Hopefully the tea and primrose help and you O in the next 10 days!!

Crazycatlady - I would test the day after you were expecting to get AF (before you had that spotting/early AF). Wasn't it tomorrow that you were originally expecting AF? If you wait until the day after, then you have the best chance of getting a BFP and not those horrible early BFNs. FX! I really really hope this is your BFP!!

Yeah tomorrow would have been cd48, which would be the same day I got my af last month. So maybe I'll test Friday? We have friends over for dinner that night so maybe I'll test after they leave, or even try to wait till sat morning, my husbands home this weekend so that would be nice to celebrate together :) fx!

I still feel like I'm probably overthinking this and it's just a weird short af, but I guess it doesn't hurt to test!

Fx ksquared! When are you going to test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->