long cycles ntnp but want no. 1

Pammy31

Reaction score
Hello ladies anyone here with long cycles?

me!!!!! longest was 57 days :( last month was 38...this month on cd20 now and have yet to ovulate. taking OPKs and temping for the first time this month and its just really getting frustrating to find out that I may not be ovulating.

I think I might have ovulated this month... been temping for 4 to 5 months and seriously thinking of seeing a naturopath.... pcos is a possiblilty...

yeah pcos is kinda what I've been worried about too :/

but I have the dip at cd24 i have 37 day cycles.

oh yeah sorry I just noticed your chart at the bottom! yeah def looks like you O'd on cd24....did you bd at all since your pos opk?

ntnp so not pushing my partner. I put the pos opk and line in there... give me a sec.

Hey ladies, mind if I join u guys! :)

I wish I had 37 or 40 day cycles like you guys. My period comes every 3 to 3 1/2 months! Even though I still ovulate on my own needless to say I can't stand these long cycles. I've had every medical examine and ultrasound done in both the States an Japan where I currently live and nothing can be found wrong with me...

Do u girls have anything you do to shorten up your cycles?

Hey aliko! of course you can join us :) I'm sorry to hear about your long cycles 3 months is a long time I can see how that must be frustrating. I havnt tried anything just yet to shorten my cycles. Will probably head to the doctors after this month if its another long one. Ive already had like 4 pos opks this month at different times in my cycle but am yet to ovulate. Had a positive yesterday afternoon and last night that were the boldest positives I have seen so far and I am on cd22 right now so that would make sense with the length of my cycles. Hoping Fertility friend confirms within the next couple days :) Have you tried anything at all for your cycles?

Hey aliko! of course you can join us :) I'm sorry to hear about your long cycles 3 months is a long time I can see how that must be frustrating. I havnt tried anything just yet to shorten my cycles. Will probably head to the doctors after this month if its another long one. Ive already had like 4 pos opks this month at different times in my cycle but am yet to ovulate. Had a positive yesterday afternoon and last night that were the boldest positives I have seen so far and I am on cd22 right now so that would make sense with the length of my cycles. Hoping Fertility friend confirms within the next couple days :) Have you tried anything at all for your cycles?

Hey Bella,

With your opk's have u been keeping track of them? Some people line all their OPK's on white paper with the dates and times next to them to compare. Perhaps it seems like you got multiple positives but maybe they were just darkening day by day until you got your complete LH surge? I'm not an OPK expert as I have not used them myself but just wondering if you save and track yours.

I'm with you on going to the doctor next month if I don't get a visit from AF. I'm just so mad that my doctors in Japan and in the States see nothing wrong goings months without a period. Some doctors have gone as far to say its normal. HUH?

Anyways I haven't tried anything yet. I did vitex awhile back and took it for a week and got my period. Idk if the vitex bought it down or if it was just time for it as I was on my 3 1/2 month mark.

Bella have yor periods always been irregular or were you on BC before?

Aliko- As for the OPKs I would get a positive one day...and then negatives for the next few days. Then another positive for a day....then more negatives. There was no progression whatsoever!!! I would think "oh this ones getting dark! tomorrow it will be positive!" but then an even lighter line the next day. Finally on cd21 I got a positive 3 times. Will test again tomorrow to see what it is but I had the temp dip and then spike today. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I dont understand how doctors could say its normal? thats why I'm worried about even going because I don't want to hear that! My periods weren't always irregular ..at least not that I can remember but I also never kept track of them as much as I do now that I'm ntnp/ttc. I have been on BC a couple times. First when I was 16 for about a year...then stopped it. Again when I was 18 and then last year for about another year. This week is actually one year since I've been off of it for the last time and since then they've just been all over the place. It really is so frustrating!

And I meant to say yes I do track them.. have all the cycle days written down for each of the opks :)

Bella- oh I see... Having high amounts of LH can delay ur period, you had your hormones checked? Maybe you have some imbalance. That's what I'm thinking my deal is, especially after BCP. I was on and off for 4 months when I first got married which was 2 1/2 years ago, then I decided to stop taking them but not for TTC purposes at that time, just because I felt awful on them. And then BAM, I've been having these insane cycles:wacko:

Don't be worried to go to the doctors, just get some advisement and if there is anything extra you feel you need you ask for it and don't feel ashamed, it's you body and your money! Haha

With my doctor here in Japan I listened to her and started BBTing at the beginning of the month. Nothing has happened and I'm goin on 3 complete months AF free. So as soon as Dec. rolls around I'm demanding blood work. I'm just so tired of these back and fourth games. I'm ready to have normal cycles textbook 28 days like I had before the stupid BCP's I took and get on with my life.

As far as temps go I went from a 14 day high to a complete nose dive 15DPO.
I hope this is it for you fingers crossed u get your BFP! I know how it feels to go through these long cycles and it'll be so rewarding so I'm keeping everything CROSSED for you! :hugs:

aww thanks aliko!!! Im sorry about your nosedive :( did AF end up showing? And I didn't know that LH can delay your period. I did know that high levels of LH can also be a symptom of PCOS though which kind of worried me. and I'm in the same boat as you...I stopped taking BC because honestly they made me kind of crazy :blush: I just wasn't myself at all..I had no sex drive...i was always irritable and I just didn't feel like myself all around. I havnt had my hormones checked yet. If AF arrives this month I am definitely going to the doctors to see whats going on. And just like you I would love love love to have textbook 28 day cycles. Then we wouldn't have to deal with this stress every single month! And if we were late...then most likely we were pregnant! lol ... I wish that was the case for us!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that AF doesn't come!!

Hey whats up Bella :)

No AF didn't show which is sorta bittersweet I must say as backward as that sounds. Haven't seen her in so long that I sorta miss her. I'm just hoping this cycle either ends in a BFP which I'm losing hope for, or that ol'Aunt Flo will pop up for a reunion. Either way I'd be happy as a lark, as a BFP would send me through the sky and over the moon but having AF would confirm my ovulation day and let me look forward to a new cycle.:thumbup:

My temp went back up from yesterdays low but not nearly as much as I would have liked it to be but I'm grateful it didt totally rock bottom on me. I have a cousin who just had a little girl in August of this year and the only reason she got pregnant was because she just wanted to see if she could concieve and her and her boyfriend were pregnant within 1 month of trying.:dohh:

Anyways I'm not gonna dwell on that but you get my point haha...

But Bella do not be worried about having PCOS just because you have some symptoms does not mean you have it. I was the exact way and my doctor back in the States was sure I had it until an ultrasound confirmed I didt. So like me since you have a history of using BC I'm sure it's our hormones going bonkers:wacko:
I suggest getting some blood work done to check your thyroid, pituitary, just a good ol' "whats my levels" test to know where you stand.

I'm going to the doctors this weekend. I know my doc said if I didt get a period this month which I haven't gotten that shes gonna give me a trigger shot w/e that means. So I'll keep you posted. I took a couple HPT's and they have been BFN but I'm still keeping hope as the tests here where I live do not detect pregnancy until a week after your period is due.

My chart is here: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3812a0/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

Have your temps still been maintaining? I'm hoping so! FX and baby
dust!

p.s,
sorry for the long post...

Bella- btw your chart looks great! Almost perfect! You had your temp dip OPK confirmed your ovulation, you BD'd in a great time frame, I'd say your well on your way to a BFP! You should be getting your cross hairs anytime soon. Baby Dust! I'm so excited for you I feel like its me haha

Hi Aliko!!!! :) :) your temps did shoot back up!!! I hope they stay up and you get your BFP!!! I thought since my temps stayed up again today that I would get my crosshairs but I still havnt...you think maybe tomorrow ill get them?? thanks for the reassurance about my chart too I wasn't sure if it looked good or not!! And geez I wish we were that lucky in "just wanting to see if we could get pregnant" and it just happened first time!! that'd be great! lol. I think the trigger shot just means that its going to jump start your period so you can start trying again finally! but hopefully thats not the case and you just get your BFP!!!!!

aliko your temps suggest a long LP how long are yours usually? cd22 ov for you Bella. My Chart suggests a abnormally long cycle I am usually cd37 no longer.. but maybe cd40 will be mine this month. 1 month since stopping Agnus Castus. it gave me a rash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->