Long Cycles TTC #1 & Need a buddy!

Sunkissed

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I am new to BnB and my bf and I decided to start trying to conceive. I was told a couple months ago that I wasn't ovulating so I started taking Vitex n B6 to help me O. I started temping last month and found out I do O but on CD28 which is kind of late. My last cycle was 40 days long :(

Does anyone have long cycles and wanna be TTC buddies :hugs:

Has anyone used vitex or B6 to make them O sooner?

OOps - I guess I should add I am on CD3 (Wednesday). Hoping to O before the end of the month!!

Hi Sunkissed

I have long cycles too - last one was 39 days and the one before was 37. Pain in this ass isn't it lol :haha:

I'm on cd8 - not due to ov until cd29 :wacko:

Hello

I am new too and I have long cycles, this is the third cycle charting for me, it's great to learn so many things about my body. Before this I had no idea about how long my cycles were...crazy but now am learning. So having said that it seem like my cycles are 38-41 CD. I am now on CD 23, so waiting for ovulation any day now, the last two cycles happened on CD 24, so we'll see, am still trying to figure it out too. We lost our baby last year at 23 weeks, now we are ready and am learning about my body.

It would be nice to have a long cycle buddy, I know how you feel.

xx

Hi Sunkissed!

I too have long cycles. I'm on CD51 at the moment and my temps are still in the pre-ovulation range. I'm actually going to the doctor next week to find out what the heck is going on!! I've heard a lot of people using soy isoflavones to shorten their cycles by bringing ovulation sooner. There's actually an entire thread on the TTC forum devoted to soy, I would check it out! You have to take it at the beginning of your cycle though, so I haven't been able to try it yet.

I'd love to be your buddy too! I'm on Soy right now and I had almost the exact same cycle as you last cycle. I Oed on CD 27 and had a 40 day cycle...

Katie - Yes it is!!! We have to wait to O when most ladies are getting their AF of BFP :( Are you on anything to make you O sooner?

Tk2 - I'm sorry for your loss. :hugs: Hopefully you O soon - do you use OPKs? I just bought some online - hopefully they work this cycle!

Sideways - I will check that out - I am going to start Vitex tomorrow - its supposed to be natures Clomid - I took it last cycle and I Oed on CD 28 - so we will see if I O sooner this month! Hopefully you can figure what is going on!! It's frustrating - I had the same thing happen to me a couple months ago - I did get AF for almost 90 days!!!

Blondie - Great we have similar cycles! What CD are you? And are you temping or using OPKS? I'm relatively new to all this so I love to learn what other ladies are doing!

I look forward to getting to know each of you :) And going on this long journey with our long cycles!!!

Katie - Yes it is!!! We have to wait to O when most ladies are getting their AF of BFP :( Are you on anything to make you O sooner?

Tk2 - I'm sorry for your loss. :hugs: Hopefully you O soon - do you use OPKs? I just bought some online - hopefully they work this cycle!

Sideways - I will check that out - I am going to start Vitex tomorrow - its supposed to be natures Clomid - I took it last cycle and I Oed on CD 28 - so we will see if I O sooner this month! Hopefully you can figure what is going on!! It's frustrating - I had the same thing happen to me a couple months ago - I did get AF for almost 90 days!!!

Blondie - Great we have similar cycles! What CD are you? And are you temping or using OPKS? I'm relatively new to all this so I love to learn what other ladies are doing!

I look forward to getting to know each of you :) And going on this long journey with our long cycles!!!

Hi Sunkissed!

Im also new to all of this and havent seen AF for 56 days.

I plan to buy vitex, chart my temp and use OPK's but i just need AF 1st!

Do you think it may be worth my while to start charting my temps now? or should i wait for AF?? xx

Sunkissed- Yup, I temp/chart and use OPKs. My chart is the ticker box in my siggy. I'm also taking everything that's in my sig. :)

I'm not a Vitex expert but when I first got it I wasn't sure when to start and since I was on CD29 I figured I would just start taking it - and I got AF the next day! I'm not sure if it was because of the Vitex or something else but I didn't take it during AF but I started after AF was done and took 2 a day. I wasn't sure if I was Oing before that or not but I did O last month!

Also, I started temping during the middle of last cycle - I don't think it matters when you start temping - it's up to you. You can wait for AF to start a new temping chart but as soon as you start AF it will start a new chart anyways.

In addition to Vitex I was also taking 100 mg of B6 a day. And after O I started taking NPC (Natural Progestrone Cream) 20 mg a day until AF. I was told my progestrone level was .85

Hope this helps!!!

Sunkissed- Yup, I temp/chart and use OPKs. My chart is the ticker box in my siggy. I'm also taking everything that's in my sig. :)

I saw that as soon as I posted! What CD do you start using your OPK? I just ordered some so I don't know when to start them?

I saw that as soon as I posted! What CD do you start using your OPK? I just ordered some so I don't know when to start them?

I usually just follow other signs, if my cervix starts to feel open and high, I'll start taking them. I usually only have to take 3-4 to catch my surge. This cycle though, I have 75 IC Ovulation tests :blush:, so I'll prolly start on CD 10 (cuz I am following the Sperm Meets Egg Plan) just in case the Soy makes me ovulate any earlier.

Thanks Sunkissed!

Think my task for tomorrow will be to buy a thermometer and vitex and get cracking! Does vitex say on the packet how best to take it?

I guess if my doc dismisses me as its too early for medical intervention i'll sort myself out lol

Blondie -

I just ordered 50 IC OV tests :) It's cheaper if you buy in bulk!! I guess since I have a lot I can start using them earlier - I am hoping Vitex makes me O earlier too. Who knows??

Stacey-

I got my Vitex from GNC and it says to take 2-3 a day and each capsule is 400 mg. It depends on what form you buy it in too. Theres a tincture (liquid) form too that is supposed to be more potent but I am just taking the pills.

And sometimes docs are not helpful at all...I have learned way more about my body in the last month than he could tell me so 'm just going to continue doing what I am doing and hopefully we can all get our BFP :))

thanks for that!

am gonna head up to bed now as i've got work early in the morning but im feeling more positive after our conversations tonight and have a plan of action for tomorrow!!

Fingers crossed for all of us, it WILL happen!

Hi Ladies,

Seems I may be in the same boat; my last cycle was 37 days and right now I'm on CD 23 and still no positive opk or spike in temp. This is the first month that I have been charting and now I'm worried that I'm not ovulating. Hopefully I will O soon.

These long cycles are so frustrating. I feel like I'm always waiting.

I saw some chats about Vitex - what is this?

Hi all,

Just a quick note before i head off to :sleep:...

I purchased a conception reading from a lady called psychic star on ebay and have just had my reading sent to me...

she has predicted that i conceive a baby girl in March 2011 :happydance: and has given a few details (weight, description etc) and she has also said i will conceive a 2nd girl in June 2013 :happydance::happydance:

I know not everyone believes in this but i thought i'd give it a try, will now just have to wait and see how true it is!

xx

Mackay - Vitex is an herb that is supposed to act as nature's clomid. There is a bunch of info on the web - that's how I found out about it. Try reading up on it - it might be helpful to you since you have long cycles and might not be Oing. I just started it last month but I wasn't charting before so I don't know what is has done. They say it takes a few months before it is fully in your system.

Stacey- That is good news! Hopefully it will happen soon for us!! I guess we will wait and see if the reading really does happen!!! Good night!

I am 21 and I have long cycles! It is VERY frustrating, seeing almost everyone else have 26-30 day cycles! I had to update my ticker and found out the maximum number of days I can put in is 37! LoL. So I put in 37. My last cycle was 39. It means I have even less chances (per year) to get pregnant. I'm already so anxious.

So I used OPK's this month and got my first positive test on CD22; meaning I think I ovulated on CD24. Other people talk about ovulating on CD12!

Anyway, glad to join you ladies, I am out of the game this cycle, so just waiting for my AF to show up! Here's to hoping next cycle is our cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->