Long Cycles TTC #1 & Need a buddy!

Hey! I'll be your buddy! :)
Lol I have very long cycles sometimes, I'm looking at a 50 day cycle judging by when I ovulated! And hospital won't put me on any meds as I am able to get preg ( my argument is I keep mc, and worried it's somethi g to do with it)
But i temp, and every time I see a dip I bd! :) worked so far!
But this cycle for me is a bit all over the place, I'm giving myself this cycle before I go back and try again after my second mc,

Anyway best of luck to you, and I hope you are not around for long! ( in a good way!!)

I am 21 and I have long cycles! It is VERY frustrating, seeing almost everyone else have 26-30 day cycles! I had to update my ticker and found out the maximum number of days I can put in is 37! LoL. So I put in 37. My last cycle was 39. It means I have even less chances (per year) to get pregnant. I'm already so anxious.

So I used OPK's this month and got my first positive test on CD22; meaning I think I ovulated on CD24. Other people talk about ovulating on CD12!

Anyway, glad to join you ladies, I am out of the game this cycle, so just waiting for my AF to show up! Here's to hoping next cycle is our cycle.

I know exactly how you feel - I'm anxious too! But trying to be calm :) I have been waiting for my bf to be ready for over a year and my sister just got pregnant and so did my best friend! So I want it to be my turn already!!! Good luck to you! I hope it is our cycle - great way to start the year!!!!

Lol I have very long cycles sometimes, I'm looking at a 50 day cycle judging by when I ovulated! And hospital won't put me on any meds as I am able to get preg ( my argument is I keep mc, and worried it's somethi g to do with it)
But this cycle for me is a bit all over the place, I'm giving myself this cycle before I go back and try again after my second mc,

Anyway best of luck to you, and I hope you are not around for long! ( in a good way!!)

Yikes!! 50 days!! Is that your regular cycle length? Have you gotten a second opinion? Seems like a good reason to have some meds. I'm really sorry for your loss and I hope your next one is sticky!!!! GL!

Wow there are lots of ladies here with long cycles. I'm actually going to a new doctor next Wednesday, to see if I can get some answers and hopefully some help!

im so so glad i read this post...see i have long cycles but my fertility nurse said to me if ya cycles are any longer than 35 days then your not ovulating, well since i can remember my cycles have always been longer than 35 days...
and reading this actually makes me realise u can ovulate late, who says u have to ov on day 13-14-15??? better late than never.
im on day 35 and im sure i ovulated 8 days back due to changes in my CM. i believe this is a great indicator.

Hi girls!

I've had a bit of a surprise today - FF has said that I'm fertile today. I put in some dummy temps for the next few days, and if my temp stays the same or goes up even a little bit, FF will detect ovulation on cd8!!!!!

I don't know whether this will happen or not (I strongly suspect it's wrong) but if it does soy certainly got my reproductive system moving!

im so so glad i read this post...see i have long cycles but my fertility nurse said to me if ya cycles are any longer than 35 days then your not ovulating, well since i can remember my cycles have always been longer than 35 days...
and reading this actually makes me realise u can ovulate late, who says u have to ov on day 13-14-15??? better late than never.
im on day 35 and im sure i ovulated 8 days back due to changes in my CM. i believe this is a great indicator.

Do you chart? Fertility Friend is a great site that is helpful and free. The only way to really know you are ovulating with long cycles is charting. You see the chase in your temp. But yes, you can definitely ovulate late. If you click on the box in my siggy, and scroll down, you can see my last chart and that I ovulated on CD 27. Much later then CD 14/15!

And I ov'd on cd29 last cycle (39 day cycle) Emz_number3 - so you can tell your fertilty nurse she's wrong :haha:

Totally agree about Fertilty Friend Blondie87 - don't know where I'd be without it!

That is great news Katie!!!! Better get to BDing :sex:

Yeah I Od last month around CD 28. I have been reading about soy and since I know that I O I am going to go get some today and start (CD4)!!! I hope it brings my O sooner!!

Katie- how many days after you took the soy did you O (if this is it)?

Hello

Tk2 - I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully you O soon - do you use OPKs? I just bought some online - hopefully they work this cycle!

Thanks Sunkissed, I have been using a microscope since I started charting, this being my third cycle, maybe I should get cheaper sticks too, where did you order yours?

Sorry for your loss cacaheute, I do hope we are not around for long and we all buddy up in the BFP long cycles thread :)

I too disagree with the nurse, I think if you chart you will find out if you are ovulating. I'm new to that too, considering I didn't even know that existed, I thought you just got pregnant lol.. On CD 25 and no OV yet, the CM not helping either, wish I had sticks. x

I was trying to quote Sunkissed on my first like, didn't work. Don't know how to do that yet. :)

Hello

Tk2 - I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully you O soon - do you use OPKs? I just bought some online - hopefully they work this cycle!

Thanks Sunkissed, I have been using a microscope since I started charting, this being my third cycle, maybe I should get cheaper sticks too, where did you order yours?

Sorry for your loss cacaheute, I do hope we are not around for long and we all buddy up in the BFP long cycles thread :)

I too disagree with the nurse, I think if you chart you will find out if you are ovulating. I'm new to that too, considering I didn't even know that existed, I thought you just got pregnant lol.. On CD 25 and no OV yet, the CM not helping either, wish I had sticks. x

I got mine at early-pregnancy-test.com You can just google "early pregnancy test" and it will come up - I got 50 sticks for $30 and free shipping! You can also get preg tests there too for cheap. They also have packages with ovulation & preg tests in one! Much cheaper than going to the store!! Those things are such a rip off!

I also have a microscope but never could figure it out - I like temping much better - and back when I got my microscope I didn't even know around when I could be ovulating.

What CD are you on now? Are you taking anything during your cycles? How long are they normally?
I am trying to check CM but I am also new to that and I have no clue how to check my CP (cervical position I think).

That is great news Katie!!!! Better get to BDing :sex:

Yeah I Od last month around CD 28. I have been reading about soy and since I know that I O I am going to go get some today and start (CD4)!!! I hope it brings my O sooner!!

Katie- how many days after you took the soy did you O (if this is it)?

My temp dropped today and FF is still saying I'm fertile!! We didn't BD last night because I was sure it was wrong! I did 2 opks yesterday and they were both negative - not even the faintest of faint lines. We're following the SMEP so we're BDing tonight anyway :winkwink:

I ov'd on cd29 last cycle, so if this is it (cd10) it'll have brought it forward by 19 days!!!!!

Yikes!! 50 days!! Is that your regular cycle length? Have you gotten a second opinion? Seems like a good reason to have some meds. I'm really sorry for your loss and I hope your next one is sticky!!!! GL!

Yeah this one is 50 days! But it was the same after my first mc, then it goes back to about32 to 37! But it is still a ling wait,
Same thing I said about the meds! I should have said it took longer than 2 cycles to get preg ! But I have an appointment for June 2011 if I don't fall preg before that , so at least that's something!

Sunkissed, I didn't read all of the older posts.....what are you using that bumped up your O so much? That's so exciting....good luck!

I'm on CD 25 and still no O. I'm so disappointed after every negative opk....thinking of just continue to temp.

Can i join in :) Im CD2 after a 92 day cycle!!! Vitex brought AF after taking it for 3 days! Usually my cycle is 28-38 days, hopefully 92 was a one off!! Im starting to temp this month and have got a CBFM. xx

Sunkissed, I know a much cheaper place to buy OPKs. I just bought 75 OPKs and 25 Preggo tests for under $25 including shipping... I got them here on Ebay.... You get 100 of whatever you want, you choose.

'' got mine at early-pregnancy-test You can just google "early pregnancy test" and it will come up - I got 50 sticks for $30 and free shipping! You can also get preg tests there too for cheap. They also have packages with ovulation & preg tests in one! Much cheaper than going to the store!! Those things are such a rip off!

I also have a microscope but never could figure it out - I like temping much better - and back when I got my microscope I didn't even know around when I could be ovulating.

What CD are you on now? Are you taking anything during your cycles? How long are they normally?
I am trying to check CM but I am also new to that and I have no clue how to check my CP (cervical position I think).''

I just replied using the quote option at the bottom and didn't work, my reply is lost or maybe went to a wrong thread...

I will have a look into sticks, maybe I need more than just temping and microscope. Yes, they are a rip off, I was amazed by how much they cost when I saw then at a pharmacy and you have to keep buying the sticks!

I'm on CD 25( same as you Mackay :) ) My cycles are normally 38- 40 ( it seems) I was hoping to start ttc this cycle but am still waiting for some kind of sign, might be too late for sticks to get to me for this cycle. I'm not taking anything, just lots of water, I'm a tea (green) drinker, and I have just started grapefruit juice in the hope of getting some EWCM but haven't seen any improvement, oh well. I'm new too, and just figuring out the CP thing too, so far have noticed when it's firm, high and softy, i don't do it often though, the only thing I'm doing well is temping. Have you tried to google to see how to check CP or on FF?

Sorry if I end up with two posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->