Long Cycles TTC #1 & Need a buddy!

Well tk2, we should definitely buddy up then! I'm quite new to this whole forum thing, but I already feel better knowing that there are others out there just like me.

I'm on CD 25 and the waiting is just killing me. I've been checking my CM and it's been watery for days....keep wondering when I'm finally going to get some EWCM. I'm almost getting to the point where I just want to see that my temp spiked so that I know I am having O's. I've been worried that I'm having an anovulatory cycle.

We'll just have to keep waiting for the signs.

Keep me posted!

Keeping my fingers crossed for us :)

evening everyone!

hope everyone is upbeat and positive...we will get our BFP one day :)

in the meantime i am feeling really positive about AF arriving! i've only been on Agnus castus for 2 days and am now having what i think are period pains so am hoping she'll arrive shortly so i can start all over again :)

one question though, does anyone know if i should stop taking AC if AF arrives???

thats good news staceyw10! i was only taking it for 3 days and got AF! you can keep taking it up to ovulation(if you have long irregular periods it makes them shorter and more more regular) How much you taking??x

evening everyone!

hope everyone is upbeat and positive...we will get our BFP one day :)

in the meantime i am feeling really positive about AF arriving! i've only been on Agnus castus for 2 days and am now having what i think are period pains so am hoping she'll arrive shortly so i can start all over again :)

one question though, does anyone know if i should stop taking AC if AF arrives???

I don't think it matters too much - I stopped taking it when AF came and this month I am trying soy - its day #2 of soy ISO for me:) Seeing if this can bring O sooner! I also just got my OP sticks in the mail today - can't wait to start using them! haha.

For the AC (or vitex) I took 2 a day until ovulation then one a day after and used natural progestrone cream(NPC) (20mg) until AF came. I think some side effects were from the NPC but I don't know - I would rather use it and be sure I have enough progestrone. HTH :)

Sunkissed, I know a much cheaper place to buy OPKs. I just bought 75 OPKs and 25 Preggo tests for under $25 including shipping... I got them here on Ebay.... You get 100 of whatever you want, you choose.

OOO thanks - well if I go thru these 50 OPKs soon then I will definatey go there!

What days did you take soy? When are you going to start testing on your OPK? I wanna take one just to know what a negative looks like - I have never used them before!

thats good news staceyw10! i was only taking it for 3 days and got AF! you can keep taking it up to ovulation(if you have long irregular periods it makes them shorter and more more regular) How much you taking??x

This is true for me too! 2 cycles ago I bought vitex and wasn't sure when to start so I just started when I got it and the next day I got AF (30 day cycle!!!) After that cycle I continued taking it and I Oed - not sure if I was Oing before or not but I did last cycle! And when I got AF the other day it was like barley 2 full days!!! Yeah!!! It was awesome! Hardly any PMS symptoms just a couple cramps before it came! I have heard a lot of good things about soy and since I know I am Oing I am trying soy to bring it faster :) GL!!!

This thread really is invaluable to me:happydance: i have learnt so much alreAdy!

At the moment i am taking 2 x 400mg AC twice a day and 1 x pregnacare as said to by the lady in Holland & Barrett.

Never thought i'd say this whilst TTC but im just praying for AF to hurry up as im so excited about starting over :thumbup: everyone that i've read about on here that took AC were pregnant within 12 months so i just really hope it works for me! Think i'll take it right through for this month and see how i get on, have my OPK's at the ready!I too bought them from ebay, they also have a webiste www.home-healthuk.co.uk, this is where i bought my thermometer for £2.39 :thumbup:

:dust: to all, lets get :sex: so we all get our :bfp: xxx

i'll get it right in a min!!!

https://www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/familyplanningmain.htm

You stop taking AC after ovulation as it can lead to miscarriage. When/if AF comes again next month you begin taking again! Im taking 2 a day aswell, are you taking both at same time or morning and night, i wasnt sure if it made a difference? What has everyone got there OH taking? Mines isnt taking anything yet but thinking about getting him started! xx

You stop taking AC after ovulation as it can lead to miscarriage. When/if AF comes again next month you begin taking again! Im taking 2 a day aswell, are you taking both at same time or morning and night, i wasnt sure if it made a difference? What has everyone got there OH taking? Mines isnt taking anything yet but thinking about getting him started! xx

Thanks for telling me! I def wouldnt want that to happen to me after all this.

I take morning and again in the night as thats what the lady said to do.

Haven't got DH taking anything just yet but if i dont get my :bfp: within the next few months then im def gonna get him on something too as it might not just be me!!! Apparently you can get pregnacare for men so thats the initial route i'll go down and just convince him its a multi vitamin loll

Has anyone taking soy experienced any side effects? When should you start taking it? If I haven't ovulated yet, can I start taking it now...or should I start it at the beginning of my next cycle?

Seems like I should get myself on something with all of you ladies speeding up your cycles. I just don't know what to start with.

Yes Mackay we are buddies now :) I am new to the forum too and it's the first time I post with this thread, it's just great to share, especially with the long cycles, how long are yours? Mine seem to be 38-40 days. I OV's on CD24 for the last cycles and now waiting to see for this one.
I think watery is good, isn't it? Are you BDing? I would be glad to get a drop in my case, seeing that I don't seem to have seen EW lol. Hopefully you are close, are you using OPK's? I was also wondering if I'm having an anovulatory too, I'm waiting for a rise too, well let's keep checking and let me know.

We'll get there :)

Has anyone taking soy experienced any side effects? When should you start taking it? If I haven't ovulated yet, can I start taking it now...or should I start it at the beginning of my next cycle?

Seems like I should get myself on something with all of you ladies speeding up your cycles. I just don't know what to start with.

I just started reading about it and it seems that you need to take it at the beginning of your cyce and you take it for 5 days - I am taking it CD4-8, I think the latest you should take it is CD5-9. If you take it earlier (ie: C1) it is supposed to produce more eggs - if you take it later (ie: CD5) if is supposed to produce more mature eggs - so taking it earlier can increase the chance of multiples. This is what I have read - you can google it and get more info and there are some threads on there that talk about it - and I know Blondie and Katie are both on it too. Today is only my second day :wacko:

Hi Girls - I suffer from long cycles and it's driving me bonkers that I can never plan when AF is due! - I'd love a buddy on here so feel free to add me or just message me if you want to share the frustration!

Hey tk2!

My last cycle was 37 days and now it looks like this one is going to be longer :( I came off the pill in August and as the cycles go by they just seem to be getting further and further apart. A lot of the ladies here have been talking about taking soy....so I may look into that and start next cycle. Have you tried taking anything yet?

I've been using opks'...but I just find that I'm disappointed every time I get another negative. I think I'm going to stick with the temping and checking CM....are you temping?

I have one more opk test that I'm going to take tomorrow....hoping for a positive!

I'll let you know how it goes :)

Have a great night!

OOO thanks - well if I go thru these 50 OPKs soon then I will definatey go there!

What days did you take soy? When are you going to start testing on your OPK? I wanna take one just to know what a negative looks like - I have never used them before!

I took Soy last cycle at CD 5-9 (mainly cuz I forgot to take it CD 3) and I ovulated on CD 27. This cycle I am taking it CD 3-7. I am following the SMEP (in my siggy) this cycle. So I'm going to start taking them on CD 10. I would go later, but I may ovulate earlier this time since I'm taking Soy earlier. So I don't wanna miss my surge! :)

Negatives are either blank, or have a line, but the line just isn't as dark or darker then control line. Last cycle, my line on my positive OPK, 1/2 the line was as dark. Here's a pic to explain it-
https://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm154/CodiChapin/47abb694.jpg
The whole line isn't as dark, but 1/2 of it is, and as long as 50% is then it's positive. :)

Hi Mackay

Yes I do temp and no rise yet, I hope I OV soon but have no signs whatsoever. I know what you mean by them getting longer, after the birth of my angel baby they were around 33 and now that I started temping they are longer, before all that I had no idea how long they were, I was not paying attention just knew I came on nearly every month, oh well.
I don't mind so much not having them close or sooner, just want my body to tell me clearly when OV is due. I haven't taken anything yet, I think I'll wait a bit to see what happens, we were going to start ttc only this cycle, so will wait a few cycles and see what happens naturally, hopefully not too long though. Yes, I saw some threads about soy, will see how the ladies get on...

How did it go with the OPK today? I hope our OV come soon :)

OMG.....POSITIVE OPK!!!!!

I took my last stick this morning....and it was positive!

We BD'd last night....so I'm wondering if we should do it again tonight, or wait until tomorrow to allow more time for my OH's swimmers to get stronger?????

You're next tk2!!!! Just keep recording. Do you use fertilityfriend?

Now it's time to hope for that temp spike and cross our fingers :)

OMG.....POSITIVE OPK!!!!!

I took my last stick this morning....and it was positive!

We BD'd last night....so I'm wondering if we should do it again tonight, or wait until tomorrow to allow more time for my OH's swimmers to get stronger?????

You're next tk2!!!! Just keep recording. Do you use fertilityfriend?

Now it's time to hope for that temp spike and cross our fingers :)

:happydance: I've never had a positive OPK yet, so I can totally feel your excitement!!

BD today, and the next 2 days in a row, have a night off, and then BD again once more (just for luck :winkwink:)

What cd are you on? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->