Long shot but...

Purplehippo

Reaction score
What's average time each breast feed take? I know everyone is different but I'm worried he isn't getting enough. He latches on then 10mins he asleep then I try to take him off and he won't let go and stays on 45mins or so then I put him down to sleep and he crys and starts munching hand :shrug:

Thanks xx

When DD was tiny about 45 minutes or so.

Now about 4 minutes. Lol.

I find I need to seriously encourage my little boy to stay awake when feeding him, even now at 4 weeks old! Once he falls asleep, burp him, change his nappy and generally prod and poke to keep him going until he stops actively sucking. Then move him onto the other side once he has had enough of side one

I was given a guide of no less than 10 mins and no more than 40 mins for first breast, then no more than 10 minutes on second breast. As my son is a bit lazy and falls asleep a lot a feed takes us around 45 minutes, which is about 35 on first, 10 on second.

How often is he feeding? X

My LO goes 20-30min each side, so about 1hour per feed. It's exhausting but he's gaining well and my supply seems good. During cluster feeding, he eats 4 hours straight (switch sides many times)

I usually change his diaper after one side to burp him and wake him up.

It can be anything between 10-45mins and at night every hour :cry: I was told only to use 1 breast each time but everyone else seems to use both each time :shrug:

Don't worry about what you were told, do what feels right to you!

I use one eaxh time. Feel like loads of people told me to switch but one has always suited us. :)

DD has gone from 7lb4 to 13lb3 in 13 weeks so I think one boob each feed has worked great for us. :)

It's normal I feel at the start like they're not getting enough coz they feed constantly. Totally normal and they're just trying to up your supply.

Just get a book or something and sit and read if u can and enjoy the close time with buba :)

My LO has been feeding for really small amounts of time since birth. I was told at least 15 minutes in each side , so I was worried when he was only doing 5-10 minutes in one side, every 3or 4 hours I saw a LC and she said that his weight was perfect so he must just be an efficient nurser! She said if weight is on track, and wet/dry diapers, let a sleeping baby sleep :)

Btw. LO was weighing 15.25 lbs and is 24 and 3/4 inches long, at 8 weeks. So he is by no means starving lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->