looking for a buddy, 31 yrs old, TTC #1 - bcp 15+ yrs, cycle 2!

good afternoon ladies!
no, i've never been tested for anything. in fact, at my last paps i was literally told i am very healthy 'down there' everything got a 'perfect 10'... and in the past, when i got terrible cramps in HS, I think then i did test for stuff. But, everything is always fine.

update: i think AF is finally here. a walk around Target did the trick at lunch. thank GOD. i was so tired of this! and, bring me my Fertilaid PLEASE! :happydance:

Hows everyone feeling? It is absolutely freezing here in 'hood'... :cold:

At least you know.. and knowing is half the battle. Like GI Joe said!

I heard it was freezing out west.. our grocery stores said because of your crappy weather, my lettuce supply is compromised. More pasta for me, then! It's not bad here, much milder winter than we normally get in Canada in terms of snowfall.

OH and we're FINALLY getting a Target! Soon! I <3 Target.

good afternoon ladies!
no, i've never been tested for anything. in fact, at my last paps i was literally told i am very healthy 'down there' everything got a 'perfect 10'... and in the past, when i got terrible cramps in HS, I think then i did test for stuff. But, everything is always fine.

update: i think AF is finally here. a walk around Target did the trick at lunch. thank GOD. i was so tired of this! and, bring me my Fertilaid PLEASE! :happydance:

Hows everyone feeling? It is absolutely freezing here in 'hood'... :cold:

At least you know.. and knowing is half the battle. Like GI Joe said!

I heard it was freezing out west.. our grocery stores said because of your crappy weather, my lettuce supply is compromised. More pasta for me, then! It's not bad here, much milder winter than we normally get in Canada in terms of snowfall.

OH and we're FINALLY getting a Target! Soon! I <3 Target.

You know, I moved out to another state closer to Canada for a minute years back... I had NO idea that sooo many places counted on Cali produce, AND that its so expensive everywhere else! I literally have acres of strawberries as a backyard. I get sick of berries every summer! The owners of the property where I rent rent out the agriculture space... It smells amazing in the summer. Between the ocean breeze and the smell of berries, I count my blessings.

I LUV TARGET. I can get lost there for days. Which Im sure is the intention.

Canada sounds like I MUST visit someday. And I am sure will. I love traveling.

Snackimals - glad you finally know. I think I agree - knowing is better than having to sit and wait and wonder.

It's chilly and rainy here right now. Winter makes me crave fresh fruits and veggies so much. I <3 California produce. We can grow a lot of things here (i'm in Austin, TX), but there are certain things that our once-yearly freezes tend to kill. Plus, California organic produce is way cheaper than produce from anywhere else.

Oh gosh. I am a Target addict. I used to live a block from a Target, and visiting became my (very expensive) hobby. It's worse than Whole Foods.

... and i dont mean 'love traveling' in some snooty 'I travel all the time' type of way. More like, I love to visit new places. Near and far =)

... and i dont mean 'love traveling' in some snooty 'I travel all the time' type of way. More like, I love to visit new places. Near and far =)

I agree. Traveling is awesome. I wish I could afford to do it more.

How long have you been TTC?
And, is anyone over 30? Or 30, for that matter.

We don't have Whole Foods either. :(

Other than the lack of Whole Foods, though (and a functional highway system), Canada is pretty great. Sometimes I am sad because we're definitely not the coolest kid on the playground (USA) or the smartest (Japan? China?) or the hippest (Sweden?) but we DO have universal healthcare and polar bears and everyone loves us. :D

That being said, I have a work friend who lives in San Antonio TX so I would LOVE to visit there, and Hawaii has ALWAYS been on my "see this before you die" list.

Where have you ladies been that you loved being?

I'm 32. We've been sort of lazily preventing for the past 1.5 years, but this is our first month actually TTC.

How long have you been TTC?
And, is anyone over 30? Or 30, for that matter.

Crap we're posting at the same time :haha:

I'm 31, 32 in October and this is only my second cycle ttc. So I'm trying to keep very zen-like about the whole experience until I've been doing this for 6+ months, THEN we will freak out.

That being said, I have a work friend who lives in San Antonio TX so I would LOVE to visit there, and Hawaii has ALWAYS been on my "see this before you die" list.

If you visit San Antonio, you'll be able to say you remember the Alamo!

I LOVED Canada when I visited. My grandfather was Canadian, and my family went up to Nova Scotia and visited the eastern shore. It was incredibly lovely. I'd love to go to Vancouver or Banff next. Toronto is on the list too.

My uncle had a job in Ecuador for a while, and that was also amazing. The people we met were incredibly friendly and nice, and the geography is pretty amazing. Plus, I got to straddle the Equator, which was pretty cool for nerdy ol' me.

Awesome. I'm also an October baby. I turned 31 this past year.

I'd say, we stopped 'preventing' in September. But, we got married in Sept, and the stress... Good God, forget about it. I was out and about the most part of the month of October, my man stayed behind (someone has to work, right?). SO, Id say Nov was our official TTC commencement month.

Its fantastic that we are all in the same 'ballpark'.... just by chance!

Awesome. I'm also an October baby. I turned 31 this past year.

I'd say, we stopped 'preventing' in September. But, we got married in Sept, and the stress... Good God, forget about it. I was out and about the most part of the month of October, my man stayed behind (someone has to work, right?). SO, Id say Nov was our official TTC commencement month.

Its fantastic that we are all in the same 'ballpark'.... just by chance!

Congrats on getting married! We got married in June.. probably the most stressed I've ever been in my life. So fun, but I will never, EVER do that again. :wacko:

It's so nice to talk to people our own age.. some of these late-teen early-twenties girls who post on the boards make me grind my teeth sometimes.

If you visit San Antonio, you'll be able to say you remember the Alamo!

I LOVED Canada when I visited. My grandfather was Canadian, and my family went up to Nova Scotia and visited the eastern shore. It was incredibly lovely. I'd love to go to Vancouver or Banff next. Toronto is on the list too.

My uncle had a job in Ecuador for a while, and that was also amazing. The people we met were incredibly friendly and nice, and the geography is pretty amazing. Plus, I got to straddle the Equator, which was pretty cool for nerdy ol' me.

Cool! DH wants to go to Texas, too, since he LOVES America (as he calls it) and they have baseball AND football. Maybe next winter when it's crappy outside here but lovely down there. And my geek-self also loves that is is possible to straddle the Equator, adding that to my bucket list.

I've been to Australia and most of western Europe, but I'd love to see India sometime (DH will never go) and Iceland is also on my dream-trip list. Oh and Egypt - pyramids and whatnot. :)

Im not even trying to say I know when is the straight up confirmed best age to have kids, but my 30's seem splendid. Of course, this also means I get to have 30 year old 'problems'... or concerns, if you will. And late teen, early 20's, dont got nothing on my problems.

And I totally hear yah about wedding madness!! I swear to never do something like that again! Just a terrible experience for me. My gfriend getting married this weekend just got engaged 2 months ago. Shes having a formal brunch and getting legally married at her house Saturday, her and her man leave for 3 weeks to the Dominican Republic on Sunday.... WHY DIDNT I DO THAT!!!???
Ugh. Pitty.

Im not even trying to say I know when is the straight up confirmed best age to have kids, but my 30's seem splendid. Of course, this also means I get to have 30 year old 'problems'... or concerns, if you will. And late teen, early 20's, dont got nothing on my problems.

And I totally hear yah about wedding madness!! I swear to never do something like that again! Just a terrible experience for me. My gfriend getting married this weekend just got engaged 2 months ago. Shes having a formal brunch and getting legally married at her house Saturday, her and her man leave for 3 weeks to the Dominican Republic on Sunday.... WHY DIDNT I DO THAT!!!???
Ugh. Pitty.

My mom told me to elope and I refused.. obviously mom knows best and I'm stupid. :blush:

Yeah, those kids (and yes I call them kids when it's a 10 year age difference) don't EVEN have problems. Come complain to me when you have a mortgage, fertility issues, sick parents and constant career strife. THEN we can chat. The threads that really bug me are the "omg am i pregnant?????" ones.. they sound so panicked, but you can just tell that's exactly what they want, so STOP PANICKING.

Sorry. Done now. :growlmad:

thayet - I'm 10dpo, I think it helps that the dip gave me something to hold on to. The previous testing was because NOTHING was happening. So with the dip I finally felt like I had something tangible to judge when I should actually get a good result...does that make sense at all? :dohh: Basically I'm a bit more calm about testing then I was at 6dpo.

And that pinching goes well with your temp drop...you might be OV'ing! OV can happen...what 12-36 hrs after your postive OPK? Something like that. Have you ever noticed OV pain before? Every month I get a pinching sensation on one side or the other...it rotates. This is my first time using OPKs and that pain that I always associated with OV, matched up.

Snackimals - you said "think"...no full flow yet? I'm hoping AF doesn't show for you! lol I've heard of women cramping and being pregnant, though yours do sound pretty bad.

AFM, nothing out of the usual. I've still got the uncomfortable, tight, stretchy feeling in my lower abd that I've had for at least 5 days now...and I had last cycle, but it's pretty faint. Bbs are sore off and on. No other symptoms for me. It's nice and toasty here in Hawaii :winkwink: But we did get some rain this morning and it was so cold I almost turned on the car heater on the way to work....sometimes I forget what 70degrees in the rain feels like :haha: Just teasing you guys, but I did feel a little chilled.

WTH! I take a few minutes to write ONE response and you guys have posted like a whole page! Now I have to go back and catch up! lmao

thayet - I'm 10dpo, I think it helps that the dip gave me something to hold on to. The previous testing was because NOTHING was happening. So with the dip I finally felt like I had something tangible to judge when I should actually get a good result...does that make sense at all? :dohh: Basically I'm a bit more calm about testing then I was at 6dpo.

And that pinching goes well with your temp drop...you might be OV'ing! OV can happen...what 12-36 hrs after your postive OPK? Something like that. Have you ever noticed OV pain before? Every month I get a pinching sensation on one side or the other...it rotates. This is my first time using OPKs and that pain that I always associated with OV, matched up.

Snackimals - you said "think"...no full flow yet? I'm hoping AF doesn't show for you! lol I've heard of women cramping and being pregnant, though yours do sound pretty bad.

AFM, nothing out of the usual. I've still got the uncomfortable, tight, stretchy feeling in my lower abd that I've had for at least 5 days now...and I had last cycle, but it's pretty faint. Bbs are sore off and on. No other symptoms for me. It's nice and toasty here in Hawaii :winkwink: But we did get some rain this morning and it was so cold I almost turned on the car heater on the way to work....sometimes I forget what 70degrees in the rain feels like :haha: Just teasing you guys, but I did feel a little chilled.

My car door was frozen shut this morning... #canadianproblems :haha:

Yeah I've never really had that pinching sensation before. That's not uncommon while on BCPs, though, because they work by stopping you from ovulating. I am 100% DONE BDing for a while, though, DH is getting unrealistic expectations of frequency here..

And still FX for you, Snackimals.. you never know!

I'm 32...33 in August. And this is our first month TTC, last month was NTNP since I stopped depo in Nov..or should I say I didn't get my due shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->