looking for a buddy, 31 yrs old, TTC #1 - bcp 15+ yrs, cycle 2!

I think you should ONLY test if a BFN won't upset you. I mean, a BFP would mean something at this stage, but you still have a few days to go before a BFN would be a real BFN.

True, true. Still thinking.

Either way, we'll be here for you! :friends:

I'm watching this NOVA special on conception/birth. It's crazy that we've had all our eggs since our moms were pregnant with us. Even crazier is that my mom's eggs (half of me!) have been around since my grandma was pregnant with my mom. Part of me was around in 1947!

I think you should ONLY test if a BFN won't upset you. I mean, a BFP would mean something at this stage, but you still have a few days to go before a BFN would be a real BFN.

Agreed. I say test if you want to, but take the result with a HUGE grain of salt. I suck at waiting for anything, so I completely understand why you would want to test. And maybe don't use your expensive tests, save them in case you need to confirm something in a couple days :)

Either way, we'll be here for you! :friends:

I'm watching this NOVA special on conception/birth. It's crazy that we've had all our eggs since our moms were pregnant with us. Even crazier is that my mom's eggs (half of me!) have been around since my grandma was pregnant with my mom. Part of me was around in 1947!

Wow, that's an interesting way of looking at it.

OH has to work a little later this afternoon...that means I will be home....all alooooone :muaha:

OH has to work a little later this afternoon...that means I will be home....all alooooone

Oh I'd definitely be testing then. If nothing else, I'd be testing as a cure for boredom-at-home-alone-ism.

OH has to work a little later this afternoon...that means I will be home....all alooooone

Oh I'd definitely be testing then. If nothing else, I'd be testing as a cure for boredom-at-home-alone-ism.

Not going to lie, if it was me, I'd've tested already, probably every single day after 6dpo. :shrug:

Not going to lie, if it was me, I'd've tested already, probably every single day after 6dpo. :shrug:

Yuuuup.

(txbiscuit is not saying to do it, but...)(OK, she's totally giving Lilly the go-ahead.)

txbiscuit - I can't really use being bored as an excuse because I DO have homework to do.

thayet - well I did start at 6dpo, I think, but I stopped when i got that dip.

Ladies...my bladder is about to pop...I have 3 mins left at work...it's about to go down!:thumbup: Hold your breath...I will be back in about 30min with an answer.....fingers and toes crossed! :dust:

The Bad - :bfn:

The Good - I am not upset or discouraged. If it took 9 days for the eggy to impant (see dip in exhibit E. of siggy), then it makes sense that I may need a little more time for hormones to kick in :thumbup: Looking forward to trying with FMU.

The Ugly - I BOAS! I nabbed a lancet from work and tried it. :dohh:

The Bad - :bfn:

The Good - I am not upset or discouraged. If it took 9 days for the eggy to impant (see dip in exhibit E. of siggy), then it makes sense that I may need a little more time for hormones to kick in :thumbup: Looking forward to trying with FMU.

The Ugly - I BOAS! I nabbed a lancet from work and tried it. :dohh:

Well, I'm sorry it wasn't a :bfp:, but let's see what the next couple days bring. And I checked on the BOAS thing - that only works well with serum, not whole blood (it's diluted by half with whole blood). So unless you wanna centrifuge your blood down first, don't waste a test on it ;)

EDIT: because I forgot to say - good for you, your positive attitude is amazing! FX still, of course! #waitingsucks

Yea, I saw the same thing about serum, but some women get a second line and it would have been nice to see a second line lol...but it was as white as the other POAS

Edit: Well not as "white" but you know what I mean lol

Lol. I also like your attitude Lilly. #FingersCrossedForAllOfUs

Morning ladies! How is everyone doing this morning? :coffee:

My temperature was still relatively low this morning. I woke up several times last night and realized I was breathing through my mouth. I sleepily instructed myself to breathe through my stuffy nose instead, but I guess I did not listen to myself very well. I suppose I'm going to have to temp vaginally next cycle. :huh:

Morning ladies! How is everyone doing this morning? :coffee:

My temperature was still relatively low this morning. I woke up several times last night and realized I was breathing through my mouth. I sleepily instructed myself to breathe through my stuffy nose instead, but I guess I did not listen to myself very well. I suppose I'm going to have to temp vaginally next cycle. :huh:

Morning! :)

I used to have a huge problem with stuffy noses, especially in winter, then we had a humidifier put on our furnace. Problem solved! I guess that's not as much of an issue down in TX though. A room humidifier might help, the cool-air ones are great.

Not really motivated to do much today so far.. :coffee:

I am also feeling unmotivated today! I'm gonna go ahead and say that must be an early pregnancy symptom. :haha:

I should definitely check out a room humidifier. OH has had a lot of breathing troubles as well; maybe that's why!

I am also feeling unmotivated today! I'm gonna go ahead and say that must be an early pregnancy symptom. :haha:

I should definitely check out a room humidifier. OH has had a lot of breathing troubles as well; maybe that's why!

I used a cool-air room humidifier before we got the furnace-attached one, and I still use it sometimes when I'm sick or if it's super dry outside. Other benefits:

- your skin looks better
- white noise helps cover up OH/DH snoring
- you don't have to blow your nose a thousand times when you wake up

The only thing is you gotta clean 'em.. especially the filter. Otherwise they get gross over time.

Morning Ladies :coffee:

I so much didn't feel like doing anything today I called in sick :blush:. Hey I built up the sick leave, might as well use it :shrug: It's a mental health day :winkwink: Ok Ok, I know I don't have to convince you guys lol

Temp FINALLY started going back up.. hopefully.. maybe? I have pretty much decided to buy the FF VIP membership already. :coffee:

I've decided to just buy the darn membership too, but not until I'm officially on CD1.

Morning Ladies :coffee:

I so much didn't feel like doing anything today I called in sick :blush:. Hey I built up the sick leave, might as well use it :shrug: It's a mental health day :winkwink: Ok Ok, I know I don't have to convince you guys lol

Temp FINALLY started going back up.. hopefully.. maybe? I have pretty much decided to buy the FF VIP membership already. :coffee:

I've decided to just buy the darn membership too, but not until I'm officially on CD1.

Thayet and I have decided not feeling like doing anything is an early pregnancy symptom.

I am tempted to buy the FF VIP membership now to improve my chances of being pregnant this cycle. /end superstition

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->