Looking for a buddy who logs in a lot :)

10mg. a lower dose than when I was on it for the hyperplasia, so I shouldn't be too ragey. it has emotional side effects for me as well as weight gain. i hate this drug. I've already warned my bff and hubby knows how I can get. I'm not a pleasant person to be around when on it. I think though if I am working out then the endorphins from that should counteract the provera. I'm hoping anyways.

You were on 10mg or 100mg? I'm on 100. I haven't heard of anyone be on only 10.

I take it 2-6 and ovulate between 16 and 18. BFP month was the one 16.

My PCOS symptoms are getting worse on the 100mg tho - starting to get a slight moustache and hairs on my jaw line which I couldn't be less impressed about. Also gaining a bit of weight from it just to add insult to injury. Going to try and see my GP this week about metaformin

My doc told me about metaformin he gave me the option for after a couple months if nothing happens. He says it's a great drug but that it tends to take 9 months- a year to work for fertility. But I think in conjunction with clomid it would be good.

My doc told me about metaformin he gave me the option for after a couple months if nothing happens. He says it's a great drug but that it tends to take 9 months- a year to work for fertility. But I think in conjunction with clomid it would be good.
Even if it just helps me manage my weight and hairy beastliness I'll be happy

So I have to call my doc to get clarification. I was googling how much it costs for the hcg shot here and my clinic's site popped up. I looked there first but didn't see anything specifically about hcg trigger shot on their fee list. When I googled a result came up for their page on IUI. Which makes sense as they had said this would be the next step but I thought maybe they would trigger and we would do it at home. Turns out that, at least by the description, they don't just trigger and do it at home. They do the IUI. Which has me a bit worried in regards to cost.

Right now my letrozole costs me $55 per cycle. I still have to take that with the IUI. The trigger shot (I found out on another site) is about $100. The cycle monitoring is $400, the semen wash is $400 and they charge to teach me how to inject myself which is $200. So in total my cycle will cost me $1155. I barely make that in a month myself, right now. and hubby makes just over that. My mom says everything will be fine but I hate the fact that I am 38 years old and can't afford to do this. I can barely afford to save up and I don't want to borrow money from them.

I already have to save up at min $2000 to go to a wedding in September. Now I will be lucky if I can do this one time before then. I will save $200 by not having to go through injection teaching again but that only brings it down to $955. Still a lot of money per cycle.

I may be worrying over nothing which is why I have to call the doc to verify the pricing and the plan. I haven't told hubby yet. He was worried about the cost and he's depressed enough over this. He sees his chance at being a dad dwindling.

So I have to call my doc to get clarification. I was googling how much it costs for the hcg shot here and my clinic's site popped up. I looked there first but didn't see anything specifically about hcg trigger shot on their fee list. When I googled a result came up for their page on IUI. Which makes sense as they had said this would be the next step but I thought maybe they would trigger and we would do it at home. Turns out that, at least by the description, they don't just trigger and do it at home. They do the IUI. Which has me a bit worried in regards to cost.

Right now my letrozole costs me $55 per cycle. I still have to take that with the IUI. The trigger shot (I found out on another site) is about $100. The cycle monitoring is $400, the semen wash is $400 and they charge to teach me how to inject myself which is $200. So in total my cycle will cost me $1155. I barely make that in a month myself, right now. and hubby makes just over that. My mom says everything will be fine but I hate the fact that I am 38 years old and can't afford to do this. I can barely afford to save up and I don't want to borrow money from them.

I already have to save up at min $2000 to go to a wedding in September. Now I will be lucky if I can do this one time before then. I will save $200 by not having to go through injection teaching again but that only brings it down to $955. Still a lot of money per cycle.

I may be worrying over nothing which is why I have to call the doc to verify the pricing and the plan. I haven't told hubby yet. He was worried about the cost and he's depressed enough over this. He sees his chance at being a dad dwindling.

Oh that's not good :( hopefully you won't need it

They only do iui in the uk now if there is a problem with the mans swimmers. Anything female and it's usually straight to IVF. The cost of IVF scares me. Where I live you get two cycles paid for by the NHS (which is good but some areas, including the next town, get three). After that though it's £6000 per cycle :(

IVF is $16,000 CAN per cycle. that is about $8500 your price. and it isn't covered at all in BC. Some provinces cover the medication required and one province covers I think one or two rounds but you had to have lived in the province for 5 or more years I think.

but we are going to sit down and create a budget. I'm stopping my violin and voice lessons and we are cutting our cable and home phone. The money we would spend is going into a separate bank account. That's $270 a month right there. and I'm going through all of our stuff to see what we can sell. There is so much that has been left in boxes since we moved that we could easily sell stuff. Garage sale for baby! lol

and hubby is ok with twins. the IUI with fertility drugs ups our chance to 30%. and we are going to say yes to the procedure if 2 eggs could be released, maybe 3. If 4 then we will stop and let the cycle pass...maybe...I'm iffy but I don't think we could handle quads. financially it would be difficult. but I don't want to spend $1100 and then just do nothing.

IVF is $16,000 CAN per cycle. that is about $8500 your price. and it isn't covered at all in BC. Some provinces cover the medication required and one province covers I think one or two rounds but you had to have lived in the province for 5 or more years I think.

but we are going to sit down and create a budget. I'm stopping my violin and voice lessons and we are cutting our cable and home phone. The money we would spend is going into a separate bank account. That's $270 a month right there. and I'm going through all of our stuff to see what we can sell. There is so much that has been left in boxes since we moved that we could easily sell stuff. Garage sale for baby! lol

and hubby is ok with twins. the IUI with fertility drugs ups our chance to 30%. and we are going to say yes to the procedure if 2 eggs could be released, maybe 3. If 4 then we will stop and let the cycle pass...maybe...I'm iffy but I don't think we could handle quads. financially it would be difficult. but I don't want to spend $1100 and then just do nothing.

Even if four eggs were released quads is still unlikely.
I had gorgeous twin cuddles last night with my friends twins. Clomid increases the risk of twins and I'm ok with That :)

Aayla- I know every placed is different but I have heard of a trigger shot without iui. Idk how unlikely it is but I've heard of it so I hope that's the case for you and it's less costly.

Ivf here is about $10,000-$12,000. And nothing is covered. Our insurance is amazing (thanks to hubbys job) and we have 50% coinsurance for infertility which basically means we pay half price for everything. We're incredibly lucky.

I've also heard iui is more for male issues. Our doctor explained everything and said well his swimmers are fine so you don't need these, talking about iui and something else.

IUI is used for male factors but it is also used if a female doesn't have fertile cm and has a hostile environment. We are actually fine in both areas, especially since we got pregnant before. But because of my age (38 in may) and with the hyperplasia time is ticking away. The hyperplasia is a bomb waiting to go off, it's always there in the shadows. I have a feeling the one full term baby we get will be our only one. Ideally they wanted to give me a hysterectomy but I want kids.

So because we did 6 rounds of letrozole with no full term pregnancy we are on to the next step. I woke up today feeling a lot more positive about this. I'm going to start selling a bunch of stuff that we don't use, and a friend of ours owes us $400 so I am going to talk to her about making us a priority next month.

but...we may not need to..I still have to talk to the doc. We may be doing the trigger without the IUI but I don't think so. I recall them saying that they wanted to do 6 months of letrozole and if that didn't do anything then they want to move on to IUI.

IUI will double our chances so it really is worth it in the end. And I get to declutter my house at the same time. :)

Here is the quote from the website of my clinic:

IUI is always recommended when doing superovulation as this has been shown to optimize the likelihood of conception.

so in all likelihood this will be where we are going next.

That's really good. I def won't get iui or trigger shots

This is the one down side of the NHS, you get very few options when it comes to treatment plans - you get what you're told. But at least it's not expensive. Three rounds of clomid costs me £8.20

Here is the quote from the website of my clinic:

IUI is always recommended when doing superovulation as this has been shown to optimize the likelihood of conception.

so in all likelihood this will be where we are going next.

When's all this gonna start?

Well I freaked out over nothing. Confirmed with the doc assistant on what might be happening. She said she didn't mention trigger but I could have sworn she did. Maybe I misheard. But the next step was not IUI as I got pregnant with timed sex before.

But if we want to go on to do IUI then we can and I have to be sure my bmi is under 45. But the price is only $400. Which is for the sperm washing. Everything else that is on the price list I guess doesn't pertain to me. $400 a month we can do. But I have to talk to hubby to see what he wants.

it will all start up again (no matter which way we choose) at the end of May or beginning of June. I have to be on the provera for 60 days. Today is day 8. So 52 days to go. A week before i stop I have to book the biopsy, which should hopefully happen before my pills are done so I have to time to get the results before my cycle starts which will be around the 23rd or 24th of may. So my next ovulation day won't be until June.

talked to hubby. He wants to go with the IUI. He really wants me to be pregnant since it can double our chances he wants to go for it. Especially now that it is only $400. So now I have to lose 50 lbs in 50 days. Not totally impossible but my diet will be quite strict. If i don't meet that goal then we will do rounds of just letrozole until I do. But I have to have my bmi under 45 and right now it is 51.6. Even just 10 lbs is a loss of 1.6 points on the bmi scale.

I feel that IUI is the next step. It feels right in my gut. So I am going to do whatever I can to get back down to that bmi.

talked to hubby. He wants to go with the IUI. He really wants me to be pregnant since it can double our chances he wants to go for it. Especially now that it is only $400. So now I have to lose 50 lbs in 50 days. Not totally impossible but my diet will be quite strict. If i don't meet that goal then we will do rounds of just letrozole until I do. But I have to have my bmi under 45 and right now it is 51.6. Even just 10 lbs is a loss of 1.6 points on the bmi scale.

I feel that IUI is the next step. It feels right in my gut. So I am going to do whatever I can to get back down to that bmi.

That's really good :)
I need to work on getting my BMi down to 29 before June so that I can go on the IVF waiting list

Aayla- that's so exciting! So glad you hubs is on board.
You can loose the weight!

Km- how long is the ivf waiting list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"