• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for a Halloween baby buddy!

oooh exciting, hope everything goes ok. xx

just realised it's 50 days till my due date!!!!! yeehaaa

Thanks tanni78 :cool: when you count it in days it somehow sounds shorter! lol Yesterday i had quite a few moments where all of a sudden i was sooo excited to meet babe....and then really quite nervous about the birth and coping without sleep. I think i have the basic's of my hospital bag ready+me and hubby are popping to kiddiecare tomorrow to check out cots and bouncers :cool:
I'm using E45 and palmers on my bump/boobs at the mo but would appreciate any other suggestions please as the sides of my bump seem to be dry and flakey! 8-/

I find putting baby oil in the bath really helps (watch you don't slip getting out though) and asda do a really nice salt scrub in a clear glass jar for £6 and it's got oil in it and the rough bits get rid of the flaky skin :) xx

I'm doing the routine antenatal classes plus a baby resuss but other than that I'm not sure yet

Is the baby 5wks ahead too or just your bump due to the fluid prob?

Oooo exciting- I wonder which of us will be first?! I bet I'm the flipping last! Lol

Thanks Tanni78-i'd forgotten about baby oil :cool:
Hiya Salb10-my bump is 5weeks bigger due to fluid but baby also a little larger(or so they say....lots of people have said how unreliable weight/size predictions are!)
I 100% sure that with my last baby i was gonna be way early......but i ended up 8days late!!!! lol so i would.nt be suprised if i was last to pop! lmao :cool: I've been feeling pretty good for a while now-just some twinges in my back and the usual dreaded heartburn.

oh i can't wait to be heartburn free again, this last week or so i've been struggling to eat because of it :( Still, i can't really complain, i've got my waterbirth class next week and i'm sooo excited about it lol. How's everyone? xx

Ooooh Tanni78-i didn't even know that there was anything like a waterbirth class!-please please come back and tell me all about it :cool:

haha i will do, i'm really looking forward to it, i'm just a bit gutted that i have to go on my own as my OH can't get the time off work xx

well waterbirth class was fab, the birthing centre i'm booked into looks cool. there are no beds to give birth on, just beanbags, mats on the floor, birthing balls and the pool then there's a fold out sofa bed so you, bubs and daddy can cuddle up and go to sleep afterwards. You're allowed up to 3 birthing partners and the pool even has lights in the bottom of it :) And baby has finally turned head down so it's all looking good :) xx

Yay! that all sounds great.I think its good that you've seen where its all gonna happen+fab news that babe has turned for you! Have you had any twinges or strong braxton yet Tanni78?

Oh hell yeh, i get them all the time now. My OH was convinced i was in labour the other night cos i was getting them every 10-15 mins and they were each lasting around 2 mins. I knew i wasn't though, i was the same last time round. I am starting to feel different though if you get what i mean, i can feel it getting nearer and i'm hasstling him like hell to get the hospital bags packed just in case. I can't believe how quickly it's come round tbh but i am super excited now lol. What about you? Feeling any different? xx

Yeah i've been feeling a little odd/over emotional actually.had a coulple of bad nights where i just can't get comfy and today i burst into tears cause hubby forgot to put sausages in the oven...and i could't stop...for ages... omg lol i don't know where it came from but i felt a bit better afterwards. +i've felt achey most of the day and baby has been almost continuly changing his postion.
Am taking it turns with feeling really excited ..then a bit scared! lol

lol at the sausage incident! sorry, made me feel better though haha :) I'm getting pretty restless and sleepless nights are becomming a regular occurence although the other night i went to sleep around 11pm and didn't wake till my alarm went off at 6.45 and i was totally buzzing lol. How are you finding this heat? I can't move without breaking into a sweat lol. OOh but as from tomorrow, it's our month :) xx

Lol, i the same if i manage to get an unusual good nights sleep(not lying awake/getting up to wee every hour n half!) i get up in the morning ..DA-DAAAAAAA i feel fab........for about an hour! lmao.
I don't mind the heat too much(anything but rain) although yesterday we went to a wedding in Hunstanton(about hour n half away) it was definately too hot for me i found it really difficult finding something to wear that was smart/pretty,not too hot+actually fit me! it was a fab do and really pleased i went+we're off to the evening do tonight with the kiddies on tow!
OMG...30days to go-i can't believe it! Woohoo! :cool:
Hey Salb10-where are you? -hope you're ok hun. 8-/

Funny, i was just thinking SalB hadn't been on for a bit. Think i'll stalk and see if she's been posting anywhere else. WOOHOOO it's OUR month!!!!! I can't believe it :) xx

Had a look, SalB hasn't posted since the 10th of Sep. Hopefully she's just busy or having comp problems. COME BACK SALB lol xx

I take it back..i'm too hot and had enough today 8-/ hope its a little cooler tomorrow. On the up-side i've gotten loads of washing done,dried and put away! lol

hello ladies!

i'm ok ta, just melting in this heat!! i can't stand it! :dohh:

I do look on here frequently but its usually on my phone and writing posts on it is a bit too fiddley so i think i'll reply later but then usually by later i fall asleep and don't get round to it!

I finished work on thursday afternoon so am finally on maternity leave and it could not have come soon enough! the last week in particular was a big struggle!

I'm getting quite paranoid in these last couple of weeks- i rang the hospital up for advice coz jospeh didn't move very much one particular day, and although i've read that they have less space so do move less, i also read that any change in the pattern of movements should be reported to your midwife. However they said as long as i had ten movements by 2pm all should be well, and i did, so i relaxed after that and then later that day he went back to his normal pattern.

I thought i was leaking amniotic fluid last week so the docs have sent a swab sample for testing. then i woke up with my left hand really swollen but it went down by mid morning.
then on friday their was protein in my urine sample. the girls on reception are the ones who test your sample at my docs which i don't really like and she said she'd send the results thru to the doc and if there was anything else i needed to do they'd ring me. i rang them in the afternoon to see if the doc had looked at it yet and the receptionist who answered couldn't find anything on my record about the sample so she went off to investigate and when she came back she said 'oh yeah well the doctor must have looked and said it was ok' and i thought i wonder if i've just been fobbed off here??

yesterday and this morning jospehs having another slow day with movements so thats playing on my mind a bit. he has moved but just not that much. i've listened in on him with my doppler and can get a nice heart beat at the same rate that he usually is at so that helps a bit but i still miss his big squiggles!

i feel like a mental case! and i think its only going to get worse the closer i get coz i'm sooo close to the finishing line, i just want him here with me all well and ok. pffffff:dohh:

sorry ladies, :wacko: i'll try and reign myself back in now.
Hope ur all ok :flower:

Awwww Salb10-thank goodness you've finished work...there's nooooo way i could've work up until now! You shouldn't feel lika mental case chick,i think we all go through phases of being really worried that something isn't right. I've been worrying as i'm still measuring 5weeks too big(extra fluid) and this also means that baby has loads of room to move arround still.......i mean he's hardly ever still!
We're very nearly there now and for me anyways i'm being a bit paraniod,over emotional,tired achey,blah,blah....you name it! lol although don't tell my hubby that i've admitted to any of those things!!! lol
Just a little more time and we're all have our lovely little bundles of joy on our arms :cool:
Great to have you back with us Salb10! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->