Looking for a mid to late Sept. 2011 buddy!

Matila10

Reaction score
Anyone due around Sept. 18th? Id love a buddy to chat with as we go through this amazing journey! This is my first after ttc for eight months. :flower:

Im due september 28th with my second.... id love to buddy up with you if you would like

Congratulations, Amber! I'd love to have you as a buddy:happydance:

How old is your first? Since this is my first, I have no clue how I'm supposed to feel so it'll be great to have your perspective. Are you feeling any symptoms yet?

She is 2 years old... O yea ive got almost every symptom you can think of right now which i cant believe since its still so early... I feel sick at night but havnt actually gotten sick yet but it just feels like a matter of time lol, i have to run to the bathroom constantly, im hungry all the time lol, and i already had to buy maternity pants because im so bloated lol, o and ive been so exhausted... How about you how have you been feeling? I have to say i was kind of expecting all of this with my second because my pregnancy with my daughter was almost perfect lol i never had ms

I'm Laura by the way...I know this is going to sound crazy, but I'm kinda jealous of all your symptoms! I haven't felt too different yet...I've been thirsty and have been going to the bathroom like crazy and have had some cramping, but not much more than that. My sister is 15 weeks and didn't get any symptoms until 6, so I'm wondering if that will happen for me.

Were you guys trying? For how long?

Hey I'm due September 14 (by my calculations, not my doctors) and would love to join you guys if you've got room for one more! I'm also bump buddies with Breavis who is also due September 14th. This will be my first pregnancy. I'm 29 and my partner and I were going to start trying this summer but little peanut didn't want to wait that long and gave us a little holiday surprise instead :) I was just complaining about how my ms went away yesterday and this morning but then it came back this afternoon with a vengeance. I haven't thrown up but definitely not feeling well :sick: Funny how we complain about not getting these symptoms, then complain when we do get them. It's true, there's just no pleasing us women :)

I'm Laura by the way...I know this is going to sound crazy, but I'm kinda jealous of all your symptoms! I haven't felt too different yet...I've been thirsty and have been going to the bathroom like crazy and have had some cramping, but not much more than that. My sister is 15 weeks and didn't get any symptoms until 6, so I'm wondering if that will happen for me.

Were you guys trying? For how long?

Lol.... I think I'm getting them sooner since its my second pregnancy but I really have no idea.... i didn't think i should get all of these symptoms so soon lol... With my first I didn't have any symptoms.... We just bought our first house in December so we decided we would start trying in January and I got my bfp our first month trying.... I was so surprised because it took us like a year to get pregnant with my daughter... I had noticed i was feeling sick at night and my chest was sore so I took a test at 8dpo and it was negative then I took another the next day and I was expecting another bfn lol then I saw this very faint line and I was like "oh my gosh is that a line" lol I was soooo surprised I just couldn't believe it lol...
How about you and your hubby ... how long were yall ttc?

Hey I'm due September 14 (by my calculations, not my doctors) and would love to join you guys if you've got room for one more! I'm also bump buddies with Breavis who is also due September 14th. This will be my first pregnancy. I'm 29 and my partner and I were going to start trying this summer but little peanut didn't want to wait that long and gave us a little holiday surprise instead :) I was just complaining about how my ms went away yesterday and this morning but then it came back this afternoon with a vengeance. I haven't thrown up but definitely not feeling well :sick: Funny how we complain about not getting these symptoms, then complain when we do get them. It's true, there's just no pleasing us women :)

Hi... of course you can join lol... that is so true about us complaining either way lol..... So I have a weird question for you lol how did you calculate how far along you are and your due date? Im so confused right now lol all of the tickers I do and everything says Im almost 4 weeks but when i look at like the descriptions online it says I would miss my period at the end of 4 weeks which would make me almost 5 weeks... uhhh its so confusing lol

Hi... of course you can join lol... that is so true about us complaining either way lol..... So I have a weird question for you lol how did you calculate how far along you are and your due date? Im so confused right now lol all of the tickers I do and everything says Im almost 4 weeks but when i look at like the descriptions online it says I would miss my period at the end of 4 weeks which would make me almost 5 weeks... uhhh its so confusing lol

I have an idea of how far along I am because I take my bbt (basal body temperature) in the mornings. Not sure if you know about that method but basically when you ovulate your temperature goes up until you start your period. Well we've been using this as birth control for the past 4 years with success (we've been together 7 years). Only thing is, apparently when I started a new exercise program my metabolism, and therefore bbt, went up. I thought I'd ovulated and we were good to go. Then I noticed a second temperature shift a week after I thought we were in the "safe zone", which must have been when I really ovulated. My partner was away visiting family at the time but we'd had sex 3 days earlier. Then, to confuse things even more, I noticed a third temperature shift (apparently that's called a triphasic chart, and happens quite often after conception). A few days later when AF had't shown up I decided to take a pregnancy test, and low and behold, positive! It was a few months before we wanted to start trying, so I hadn't started taking my prenatals yet or anything, but we were both really happy anyways. I guess some things you just can't plan perfectly!

Sorry for the long-winded explanation, you're probably even more confused now lol. Do you have regular cycles? If so you can just count the days from the first day of your last period and that's how pregnant you are. Although you have to alter it if you don't have regular 28 day cycles. I personally don't see why they don't count it from conception, it would make life a lot more simple!

How are you two feeling today? Laura I'd be careful what you wish for, your symptoms will come soon enough ;)

Yea i hve regular 28 day cycles so i guess the little tickers would be right because my lmp was 12/22/2010 ... I dont know why this other thing is telling me im 5 weeks... It would be easier if it just wnt from conception lol... And yea thats tru about watching what you wish for because ms is sooo not fun lol.. I felt pretty good today although i feel like a fat cow because im so bloated lol...I had to go back to skool yesterday and both of my classes are so small with small desks i can barely fit now i have no idea what im going to do when i get a belly lol.... Thats kool yall have been together 7 years my hubby and i
hve too.... How about u how did u feel today... What symptoms have u had so far?

Hi ladies, can I join in? This is my first baby, I'm 30 and hubby and I were trying to conceive for 4 months.

laughingduck - we're due the same day :) I think I may be moved a little later at my dating scan though as I may have ovulated a day or two later, typically the one month I miss taking my BBT for two days.. :D

My morning (ha) sickness seems to be worse when I am tired or around meal times and I keep waking up in the middle of the night and then can't sleep again. It feels like ages until the end of the first trimester but I bet we'll all be posting pictures of our newborns before we know it!

Yea i hve regular 28 day cycles so i guess the little tickers would be right because my lmp was 12/22/2010 ... I dont know why this other thing is telling me im 5 weeks... It would be easier if it just wnt from conception lol... And yea thats tru about watching what you wish for because ms is sooo not fun lol.. I felt pretty good today although i feel like a fat cow because im so bloated lol...I had to go back to skool yesterday and both of my classes are so small with small desks i can barely fit now i have no idea what im going to do when i get a belly lol.... Thats kool yall have been together 7 years my hubby and i
hve too.... How about u how did u feel today... What symptoms have u had so far?

What's your Imp? Ya I'm kinda bloated too, I blame it on my change in diet though. I was trying to lose weight on a grain-free diet and now I'm eating rice and whatnot so I it's making me feel heavy and sluggish. So far my main symptoms have been some nausea (no vomiting though), cramping (getting better), major fatigue, and sore breasts. I find light exercise has been helping with most symptoms, even the ms. I took my dogs for an hour long walk yesterday and after the first 30 minutes felt soooo much better! It helped with my exhaustion too!

What are you studying? Maybe they'll give you a special pregnancy desk :)

Hi ladies, can I join in? This is my first baby, I'm 30 and hubby and I were trying to conceive for 4 months.

laughingduck - we're due the same day :) I think I may be moved a little later at my dating scan though as I may have ovulated a day or two later, typically the one month I miss taking my BBT for two days.. :D

My morning (ha) sickness seems to be worse when I am tired or around meal times and I keep waking up in the middle of the night and then can't sleep again. It feels like ages until the end of the first trimester but I bet we'll all be posting pictures of our newborns before we know it!

Congratulations! Did you have a triphasic chart when you conceived too? I never knew what that was until I looked into why I had the second temperature shift. My bbt is now 37.3, so high! It used to be 36.1 before ovulation to 36.7 after.

I also had insomnia before I even tested which lasted until about week 5 for me, and I had kept waking up feeling soooo hot. I wouldn't let my partner turn the bedroom heat on even though it's the middle of winter (-24c today, ouch). Luckily that's passed though.

Ya it does feel like a long time until second trimester. I guess we should try to enjoy our last 7.5 months of child-free existence (for those of us who are having our first).

Congratulations! Did you have a triphasic chart when you conceived too? I never knew what that was until I looked into why I had the second temperature shift. My bbt is now 37.3, so high! It used to be 36.1 before ovulation to 36.7 after.

I also had insomnia before I even tested which lasted until about week 5 for me, and I had kept waking up feeling soooo hot. I wouldn't let my partner turn the bedroom heat on even though it's the middle of winter (-24c today, ouch). Luckily that's passed though.

Ya it does feel like a long time until second trimester. I guess we should try to enjoy our last 7.5 months of child-free existence (for those of us who are having our first).

Yes, I got a triphasic chart, I didn't even notice the bit on fertility friend that said 'possibly triphasic' until after I tested though, it wasn't very obviously so!

I have stopped temping now after I scared myself silly 2 weeks ago, my temp went below coverline and I spent the whole day convinced I was going to miscarry. I haven't touched my thermometer since then and everything seems fine so I think it was just a one of - I worry enough without giving myself any other reason to worry but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't still niggling me :winkwink:

I keep having moments of 'oh my goodness, I will never be able to sleep late again, what have I done?' I do like my sleep :haha: Feeling quite sick and headachey this afternoon and have sooo many spots my face looks like a connect the dots picture, I would like to start blooming now please!

How you feeling?

Wow, a lot of activity since I was on last!! Welcome to all the newcomers and congratulations! I had an extra long work day yesterday (12 hours- ugh) and was sooooooo tired when I came home I couldn't even get on BnB. :flower:

I have the same question about timing as you guys do...my cycles are really crazy so I have no idea when I should be counting from. I have PCOS and would experience bleeding almost every day, period or not. I got a positive test on 1/13, and then went to the doctor on 1/14. She said to count from the first day of ANY spotting, which is what my ticker is based on. But I have my doubts about that! I can't wait for a ultrasound so I can know for sure!

My symptoms are still not that bad, which of course worries me, even though I know it shouldn't. I had some cramps a few days ago and my breasts are kinda sore- especially at night. But they're definitely not as bad as what others seem to be having. We'll see if it comes on next week!

I keep waking up in the middle of the night, too! I definitely noticed it before I got my BFP. Now my mind is just racing a million miles a minute so that's what I thought it was from. But I know I'm going to miss sleep in 8 months!

What's your Imp? Ya I'm kinda bloated too, I blame it on my change in diet though. I was trying to lose weight on a grain-free diet and now I'm eating rice and whatnot so I it's making me feel heavy and sluggish. So far my main symptoms have been some nausea (no vomiting though), cramping (getting better), major fatigue, and sore breasts. I find light exercise has been helping with most symptoms, even the ms. I took my dogs for an hour long walk yesterday and after the first 30 minutes felt soooo much better! It helped with my exhaustion too!

What are you studying? Maybe they'll give you a special pregnancy desk :)

It was december 22.... I havnt really changed my diet and im not really eating more than usual so I dont know why im so bloated... I want to start going walking but its so cold lol... its sad that 50 degrees is cold to me :haha: ....Im studying Elementary education.. I want to be a 2nd grade teacher... special desk would be nice lol but the room is so small i dont think they could fit a different desk lol

Well it looks like we'll all just have to wait until the 12 week(ish) mark to get our EDD, since none of us really know! Then I've read that EDD are really not that accurate anyways, and can occur 2 weeks before or after, so who knows, some of us may even end up with October babies! :shrug:

Amber I meant what is "Imp"? Like what does it stand for? Sorry maybe a dumb question, it's probably really obvious! :blush:

50 f, haha, you should move to Ontario! We're having a cold snap, it's -25c again tonight (-11 f) where I live. Although in a way it makes it easier to stay warm for a walk because you just make sure you wear a couple pairs of pants, a few sweaters, and wrap a scarf around the head, and thick mitts. Nobody thinks twice if you go around looking like a sleeping bag with eyes lol. I was quite toasty today. I have to admit though, I really really really miss my hot baths to warm up in the evening!

Well it looks like we'll all just have to wait until the 12 week(ish) mark to get our EDD, since none of us really know! Then I've read that EDD are really not that accurate anyways, and can occur 2 weeks before or after, so who knows, some of us may even end up with October babies! :shrug:

Amber I meant what is "Imp"? Like what does it stand for? Sorry maybe a dumb question, it's probably really obvious! :blush:

50 f, haha, you should move to Ontario! We're having a cold snap, it's -25c again tonight (-11 f) where I live. Although in a way it makes it easier to stay warm for a walk because you just make sure you wear a couple pairs of pants, a few sweaters, and wrap a scarf around the head, and thick mitts. Nobody thinks twice if you go around looking like a sleeping bag with eyes lol. I was quite toasty today. I have to admit though, I really really really miss my hot baths to warm up in the evening!

OOO ok lol Lmp is "last menstrual period"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->